Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pacman vs Margo not a farce afterall

Go down 
+7
gomez1012
hardcoreBEE24
flapanther2001
OU
SlickMoneyXL
marbleheadmaui
jz_hova
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
jz_hova
White Belt
White Belt

Pacman vs Margo not a farce afterall Empty
PostSubject: Pacman vs Margo not a farce afterall   Pacman vs Margo not a farce afterall EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 12:05 pm

While most people bashed Margo and said that this was an easy victory for Manny, I just sat back and started to remember these exact comments before the Margo vs Cotto fight where Cotto was way too fast for the slow looping punching margo. I see what i saw then. margo will beat pacman in a thrilling fight of the year type of showing. you have 1 month to cross over to the light folks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pacman vs Margo not a farce afterall   Pacman vs Margo not a farce afterall EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 12:08 pm

jz_hova wrote:
While most people bashed Margo and said that this was an easy victory for Manny, I just sat back and started to remember these exact comments before the Margo vs Cotto fight where Cotto was way too fast for the slow looping punching margo. I see what i saw then. margo will beat pacman in a thrilling fight of the year type of showing. you have 1 month to cross over to the light folks
Can Margo even punch without the plaster? We really dont know do we? Hova dont bet anyone on this one.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Pacman vs Margo not a farce afterall   Pacman vs Margo not a farce afterall EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 12:39 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
jz_hova wrote:
Can Margo even punch without the plaster? We really dont know do we? Hova dont bet anyone on this one.

If only Floyd hadn't become a victim of anorexia nervosa
Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Miguel Cotto, Efrain Escudero

PostSubject: Re: Pacman vs Margo not a farce afterall   Pacman vs Margo not a farce afterall EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 12:45 pm

Sleep
Back to top Go down
jz_hova
White Belt
White Belt

PostSubject: Re: Pacman vs Margo not a farce afterall   Pacman vs Margo not a farce afterall EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 12:52 pm

I can't see what the 3 replies are ??? what am i doing wrong here
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Pacman vs Margo not a farce afterall   Pacman vs Margo not a farce afterall EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:02 pm

jz_hova wrote:

I don't see anything in preference that I would think would cause that. You might want to go head and check your preferences and see that everything is allowed anyways.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pacman vs Margo not a farce afterall   Pacman vs Margo not a farce afterall EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:07 pm

OU wrote:
jz_hova wrote:

I don't see anything in preference that I would think would cause that. You might want to go head and check your preferences and see that everything is allowed anyways.
You might want to PM him since he cant view this. LOL
Back to top Go down
jz_hova
White Belt
White Belt

PostSubject: Re: Pacman vs Margo not a farce afterall   Pacman vs Margo not a farce afterall EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:08 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
jz_hova wrote:

finally i can see replies.

one thing you can say about margo is that he comes to fight. How manny handles margo's power shots to his body will decide things
Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

PostSubject: Re: Pacman vs Margo not a farce afterall   Pacman vs Margo not a farce afterall EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:09 pm

jz_hova wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
jz_hova wrote:

one thing you can say about margo is that he comes to fight. How manny handles margo's power shots to his body will decide things

Except in his last fight with a ranked opponent.
Back to top Go down
jz_hova
White Belt
White Belt

PostSubject: Re: Pacman vs Margo not a farce afterall   Pacman vs Margo not a farce afterall EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:14 pm

SlickMoneyXL wrote:
jz_hova wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
jz_hova wrote:

Except in his last fight with a ranked opponent.

He got whooped by mosley i agree but Margo has always show the ability to comeback after a loss.
Back to top Go down
flapanther2001
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
flapanther2001

Favorite Fighter(s) : Aaron Pryor, Rocky Marciano, Arturo Gatti

PostSubject: Re: Pacman vs Margo not a farce afterall   Pacman vs Margo not a farce afterall EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:16 pm

jz_hova wrote:
Cotto was too fast for Margo...for 6 rounds anyway....but we all know Cotto cannot fight on his toes for 12 rounds. He can fight flat footed, but that doesn't work against Margo. Manny doesn't gas like Cotto, nor does he stand in one spot anymore. That doesn't mean Margo can't win....I'm still not thoroughly convinced Manny can climb this high in weight. We'll see.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pacman vs Margo not a farce afterall   Pacman vs Margo not a farce afterall EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:47 pm

jz_hova wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
jz_hova wrote:

See I see it different. I think its how will Margo handle the blinding speed and power coming at him? He has never fought anyone like Pac.

BTW I am going to this fight. I cant wait. cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pacman vs Margo not a farce afterall   Pacman vs Margo not a farce afterall EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:50 pm

After reading Dougie's gym notes I am starting believe Manny will be in for one tough night.
Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

PostSubject: Re: Pacman vs Margo not a farce afterall   Pacman vs Margo not a farce afterall EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:56 pm

They were saying Manny was looking bad in the gym when he was training for Cotto. I have no reason to believe that Manny wont be in tip top shape come fight night.
Back to top Go down
jz_hova
White Belt
White Belt

PostSubject: Re: Pacman vs Margo not a farce afterall   Pacman vs Margo not a farce afterall EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:57 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
jz_hova wrote:
Cotto was too fast for Margo...for 6 rounds anyway....but we all know Cotto cannot fight on his toes for 12 rounds. He can fight flat footed, but that doesn't work against Margo. Manny doesn't gas like Cotto, nor does he stand in one spot anymore. That doesn't mean Margo can't win....I'm still not thoroughly convinced Manny can climb this high in weight. We'll see.

did Cotto gas because of margo's body punching early on in the fight especially round two? The same body shots set Cotto up for the uppercuts in the later rounds. Masrgo has never faced anyone like pac for sure and i have a lot of respect for pac. he beat oscar like i have never seen before but i have to see him do it to a prime margo for me to believe it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pacman vs Margo not a farce afterall   Pacman vs Margo not a farce afterall EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:59 pm

SlickMoneyXL wrote:
They were saying Manny was looking bad in the gym when he was training for Cotto. I have no reason to believe that Manny wont be in tip top shape come fight night.

I am talking about his notes on Tony not Manny, from what I've heard Manny is looking great in training.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pacman vs Margo not a farce afterall   Pacman vs Margo not a farce afterall EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:59 pm

jz_hova wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:
jz_hova wrote:

did Cotto gas because of margo's body punching early on in the fight especially round two? The same body shots set Cotto up for the uppercuts in the later rounds. Masrgo has never faced anyone like pac for sure and i have a lot of respect for pac. he beat oscar like i have never seen before but i have to see him do it to a prime margo for me to believe it
I dont think this is a prime Margo do you?
Back to top Go down
jz_hova
White Belt
White Belt

PostSubject: Re: Pacman vs Margo not a farce afterall   Pacman vs Margo not a farce afterall EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 2:02 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
jz_hova wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:
jz_hova wrote:

I dont think this is a prime Margo do you?

Margo is one fight removed from being the man at 147 so i say yes he is prime. Pacman is putting on more weight than he ever has in a fight while margo has fought at higher weight, that will factor in this fight.
Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

PostSubject: Re: Pacman vs Margo not a farce afterall   Pacman vs Margo not a farce afterall EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 2:11 pm

Cotto and Mosley took the Prime out of Margo.
Back to top Go down
flapanther2001
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
flapanther2001

Favorite Fighter(s) : Aaron Pryor, Rocky Marciano, Arturo Gatti

PostSubject: Re: Pacman vs Margo not a farce afterall   Pacman vs Margo not a farce afterall EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 2:36 pm

jz_hova wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:
jz_hova wrote:

I'm sure Margo's body attack had something to do with it, but the fact of the matter is....Cotto cannot, in any way shape or form, fight on his toes for 12 rounds. It is not conducive to his body type or style. Cotto is great against fighters that he can attack from a flat footed stance. he's not a dancer...period. He was gassing against Mosley...badly. Manny's style is completely different.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: Pacman vs Margo not a farce afterall   Pacman vs Margo not a farce afterall EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 3:13 pm

Pacquiao was going to be in for a tough fight with Diaz.

Pacquiao was going to get destroyed by the much bigger De la Hoya.

Pacquiao was going to get roughed up by Hatton who looked great against the speedy Malignaggi.

Pacquaiao was going to get KO'd by the stronger body attacks of Cotto.

Clottey who enters the ring at 170 would price to be too much for the undersized Pacquiao.

Heard it all before Jigga, Margarito IMO is shot and Pacman boxes circles around the slow footed Mexican.
Back to top Go down
jz_hova
White Belt
White Belt

PostSubject: Re: Pacman vs Margo not a farce afterall   Pacman vs Margo not a farce afterall EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 3:36 pm

hardcoreBEE24 wrote:

Pacquiao was going to get roughed up by Hatton who looked great against the speedy Malignaggi.

Clottey who enters the ring at 170 would price to be too much for the undersized Pacquiao.

Heard it all before Jigga, Margarito IMO is shot and Pacman boxes circles around the slow footed Mexican.

LOL i give you up until Cotto where people were saying Pac would get roughed up but Clottey? no one outside of the Clottey family thought Clottey had a real chance.
and LOL at the BOLD
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: Pacman vs Margo not a farce afterall   Pacman vs Margo not a farce afterall EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 4:11 pm

jz_hova wrote:
hardcoreBEE24 wrote:

LOL i give you up until Cotto where people were saying Pac would get roughed up but Clottey? no one outside of the Clottey family thought Clottey had a real chance.
and LOL at the BOLD

These were th ideas of a lot of people. The basic arguments made by fans. I won't bet against Pacquiao. The clottey
Argumet against Manny was made because of how well he looked against both Cotto and Martgarito.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Pacman vs Margo not a farce afterall   Pacman vs Margo not a farce afterall EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 4:26 pm

Here's a preview of the fight on Nov 13th JZ
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Pacman vs Margo not a farce afterall   Pacman vs Margo not a farce afterall EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 4:28 pm

hardcoreBEE24 wrote:

Oh sure, remind me how often I've been wrong about the National Fist!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pacman vs Margo not a farce afterall   Pacman vs Margo not a farce afterall Empty

Back to top Go down

Pacman vs Margo not a farce afterall
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next