Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Word on the street is that Margo is going to throw the fight...

Go down 
+7
NAFight53
WinstonSmith
SlickMoneyXL
Diego408
gomez1012
KrazyHorseBennett
Hillsicc303
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Hillsicc303
White Belt
White Belt

Word on the street is that Margo is going to throw the fight... Empty
PostSubject: Word on the street is that Margo is going to throw the fight...   Word on the street is that Margo is going to throw the fight... EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 8:02 pm

I have restrained from saying this on this board, because this is just talk that is going around boxing circles here in SoCal. And I had no proof.

However... it has been the talk here for about 2 weeks that Margo is going to cash it in. This comes from a lot of reliable boxing people down here. When I first heard it I just blew it off, but yesterday, it hit me. You ask why? A well known radio talk show host here in the L.A. area(and avid boxing fan) uttered the same words. The same words that he heard Margo was going to throw the fight, get paid, and go home.

I beg you people. people who I consider true boxing fans. DO NOT SUPPORT THIS FIGHT!!! This fight is a farce on so many levels, and this was just the icing on the cake for me. Let's not get duped again...
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

Favorite Fighter(s) : Charles Bennett is the second coming of Christ.

PostSubject: Re: Word on the street is that Margo is going to throw the fight...   Word on the street is that Margo is going to throw the fight... EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 8:04 pm

I am stealing the fuck out of this fight.

I may steal it and not even watch it. Bob Arum should have gone hiking with his son, too.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Word on the street is that Margo is going to throw the fight...   Word on the street is that Margo is going to throw the fight... EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 8:07 pm

Who's the LA Radio Host calling this a fixed fight waiting to happen?
Back to top Go down
Diego408
Green Belt
Green Belt
Diego408

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Marquez Brothers, Robert Guerrero, Abner Mares, Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez, Devon Alexander, Jose Benavidez Jr and Nick Diaz

PostSubject: Re: Word on the street is that Margo is going to throw the fight...   Word on the street is that Margo is going to throw the fight... EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 8:10 pm

This was said about the Clottey fight and from the looks of that one, Clottey didnt come to fight. Boxing is the most corrupt sport in the world, stuff like this is not surprising. A Margarito win doesnt do anyone any favors. Im still going to end up ordering and throw money on Pacquaio to win it.
Back to top Go down
Hillsicc303
White Belt
White Belt

PostSubject: Re: Word on the street is that Margo is going to throw the fight...   Word on the street is that Margo is going to throw the fight... EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 8:13 pm

Quote :

He comes on in the late night/early moring hours. Who he is, is not important, but the fact I heard on the radio, what I had been hearing around boxing circles here really bothered me....
Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Miguel Cotto, Efrain Escudero

PostSubject: Re: Word on the street is that Margo is going to throw the fight...   Word on the street is that Margo is going to throw the fight... EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 8:15 pm

Hillsicc303 wrote:
Quote :

He comes on in the late night/early moring hours. Who he is, is not important, but the fact I heard on the radio, what I had been hearing around boxing circles here really bothered me....

Just give the name. Otherwise you're talking out your ass again.
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

Favorite Fighter(s) : Marvin Hagler,Ben Henderson,Rich Franklin,Clay Guida

PostSubject: Re: Word on the street is that Margo is going to throw the fight...   Word on the street is that Margo is going to throw the fight... EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 8:29 pm

Any man who would load his gloves could easily go in the tank.
Back to top Go down
Hillsicc303
White Belt
White Belt

PostSubject: Re: Word on the street is that Margo is going to throw the fight...   Word on the street is that Margo is going to throw the fight... EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 8:31 pm

Quote :
Just give the name. Otherwise you're talking out your ass again.

Again??? When have I ever talked out of my ass? I don't even post that much, and when I do, I'm not going to waste my time on some BS.

Like I said, it's all hersay... but hearing it on the radio just gave me different perspective on it...
Back to top Go down
NAFight53

PostSubject: Re: Word on the street is that Margo is going to throw the fight...   Word on the street is that Margo is going to throw the fight... EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 8:37 pm

Hillsicc303 wrote:
Quote :

IS it a spanish radio host ? If not, what county is this radio station from ?
Back to top Go down
NAFight53

PostSubject: Re: Word on the street is that Margo is going to throw the fight...   Word on the street is that Margo is going to throw the fight... EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 8:41 pm

Hillsicc303 wrote:
I have restrained from saying this on this board, because this is just talk that is going around boxing circles here in SoCal. And I had no proof.

However... it has been the talk here for about 2 weeks that Margo is going to cash it in. This comes from a lot of reliable boxing people down here. When I first heard it I just blew it off, but yesterday, it hit me. You ask why? A well known radio talk show host here in the L.A. area(and avid boxing fan) uttered the same words. The same words that he heard Margo was going to throw the fight, get paid, and go home.

I beg you people. people who I consider true boxing fans. DO NOT SUPPORT THIS FIGHT!!! This fight is a farce on so many levels, and this was just the icing on the cake for me. Let's not get duped again...

I'm with you...i've said it before, there is way too much money for Arum to lose if Margarito wins. The Clottey fight (IMO) was fixed, why not the Margarito fight...
Back to top Go down
Hillsicc303
White Belt
White Belt

PostSubject: Re: Word on the street is that Margo is going to throw the fight...   Word on the street is that Margo is going to throw the fight... EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 8:45 pm

Quote :
IS it a spanish radio host ? If not, what county is this radio station from ?

He broadcasts from L.A. County, but his his show is national also on certain nights of the week...
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Word on the street is that Margo is going to throw the fight...   Word on the street is that Margo is going to throw the fight... EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 8:49 pm

if the guy said it on a radio show i dont think saying his name is a big deal at all
Back to top Go down
Hillsicc303
White Belt
White Belt

PostSubject: Re: Word on the street is that Margo is going to throw the fight...   Word on the street is that Margo is going to throw the fight... EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 8:51 pm

Quote :
if the guy said it on a radio show i dont think saying his name is a big deal at all

Thank You.

It was just hearing what people had been talking about locally, on the radio, was just a bit of a shock...
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Word on the street is that Margo is going to throw the fight...   Word on the street is that Margo is going to throw the fight... EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 9:32 pm

NAFight53 wrote:
Hillsicc303 wrote:

I'm with you...i've said it before, there is way too much money for Arum to lose if Margarito wins. The Clottey fight (IMO) was fixed, why not the Margarito fight...

What clottey fight was fixed???
A couple of Clottey facts:

1-He doesn't throw enough punches (in general)
2-He throws less punches (freezes up) when his opponent is not wilting and/or outclassing him. HE ISN'T WILLING TO LET HIS HANDS GO!!!

Want some fights that number 2 has applied?

Clottey vs Margarito. Clottey was doing fine early (not a big shock as Margarito normally takes a few rounds to get going). Then Clottey claims he hurt his hand. I think Margarito's pressure caused him to go "super duper safety first" to keep from being tagged if he opened up. Clottey was happy to lose the fight 116-112, 116-112, and 118-109. Hand hurt my ass. He wasn't willing to open up as Margarito was coming on.

Clottey vs Cotto- some scored the fight for him (I felt Cotto eked out a close one). Cotto has the early lead. Cotto gets cut. Cotto could have quit right there (and taken the win with it going to the scorecards with him ahead!!!). He fought on. Blood streaming and Clottey has him reeling in alot of rounds. But what happened in some of the later rounds? Cotto dug deep and fought hard. Clottey had his chances and at the opportune moments he backed off!!!!!

Clottey vs Pac- Pac outclasses him with speed. Clottey landed a few uppercuts in the middle rounds. Did that spur him on to let his hands go??? HELL NO!!!! Clottey refused to open up.

Do we see a pattern when Clottey's opponent is world class?? He won't let his hands go as the opponent has something in return.
Back to top Go down
Diego408
Green Belt
Green Belt
Diego408

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Marquez Brothers, Robert Guerrero, Abner Mares, Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez, Devon Alexander, Jose Benavidez Jr and Nick Diaz

PostSubject: Re: Word on the street is that Margo is going to throw the fight...   Word on the street is that Margo is going to throw the fight... EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 9:49 pm

People just take to account that every Pacquaio fight is claimed to be fixed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Word on the street is that Margo is going to throw the fight...   Word on the street is that Margo is going to throw the fight... EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 10:39 pm

NAFight53 wrote:
Hillsicc303 wrote:

Not really because Arum will make the rematch in a heartbeat, plus there is also a Cotto rematch out there which will be anticipated by alot of Mexicans and Puerto Ricans.
Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Miguel Cotto, Efrain Escudero

PostSubject: Re: Word on the street is that Margo is going to throw the fight...   Word on the street is that Margo is going to throw the fight... EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 11:30 pm

Hillsicc303 wrote:
Quote :

Thank You.

It was just hearing what people had been talking about locally, on the radio, was just a bit of a shock...

I think Bird meant why not just say his name.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Word on the street is that Margo is going to throw the fight...   Word on the street is that Margo is going to throw the fight... EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 10:02 am

OH well I bought my tickets. I cant wait.
Back to top Go down
Tobe06
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
Tobe06

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ali

PostSubject: Re: Word on the street is that Margo is going to throw the fight...   Word on the street is that Margo is going to throw the fight... EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 10:46 am

Random people saying something on a late night radio show does not equal proof. Is Margo gonna throw the fight? Who knows, stranger things have happened in boxing. Everything else being equal Pac should win this anyway, so proving something like that is next to impossible.
Back to top Go down
UBeeg9cats
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: Word on the street is that Margo is going to throw the fight...   Word on the street is that Margo is going to throw the fight... EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 8:27 pm

I don't understand the logic of throwing the fight. What could Arum give him for that 5 mil? 20 mil? If he beats Pac, he most likely has an 8 figure payday next fight and probably several more 7 figure paydays after that. If he loses, he fades into obscurity. Makes absolutely no sense to throw this fight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Word on the street is that Margo is going to throw the fight...   Word on the street is that Margo is going to throw the fight... Empty

Back to top Go down

Word on the street is that Margo is going to throw the fight...
Page 1 of 1