Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Confused about Pac vs. Margo fight.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Confused about Pac vs. Margo fight.  Empty
PostSubject: Confused about Pac vs. Margo fight.    Confused about Pac vs. Margo fight.  EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 10:55 am

I admit that no sport has a shock value quite like professional boxing. Things happen that I just don't expect. The individual competition and the array of styles make upsets far more dramatic and interesting than any other sport. That said, I've seen some very intelligent individuals give Tony Margo a chance in his fight against Manny Pacquiao. I don't quite understand but I'll list some reasons that I suspect they're basing their opinion on.

1. (a) Perception: AM is a rugged, Mexican fighter out of the context of "Jose Luis Ramirez." Tall, able to take bomb after bomb and not get discouraged if he's fighting a warrior standing right in front of him.
? (b) Reality: It's impossible for anyone to know who Margo is. How many times has he loaded his gloves? Probably plenty of times. Does he have punching power? Probably not. The substance in Tony's gloves takes about 6 to 7 rounds to harden. This is why he came on strong against Cotto in these rounds. How many other fights did he start his attack in the middle rounds and turn the fight around?

2. (a) Looked horrible in his last outing. Nuff said.

3. Styles make fights. (a) See 1. You, me and everyone we know is really at a loss when it comes to the style of Marg. Any article on Marg will be repetitive. We have no idea who he is without the bricks in the gloves. Our only sign was the horrible beating he took against a fading "Shane Mosley." He looked terrible in that fight. Even if he has legitimate wins, you could easily argue that Shane gave him a career ending beating. Look at that fight again if you doubt my words.

4. Common sense has left some of us when it comes to Margo and the gloves so he's given a chance to beat Manny Pacquiao. Great. This is why I love boxing. No matter what is written on these pages or said by Teddy Atlas, the boxers still have to fight. Great sport.

5. Outcome. Run the Oscar vs. Pacquiao fight on your DVD player. Now, just think of a shorter fight with a very similar beating in mind for Margo. My opinion.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Confused about Pac vs. Margo fight.    Confused about Pac vs. Margo fight.  EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 12:08 pm

we will soon find out frank..your points are well taken and i hope your right.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Confused about Pac vs. Margo fight.    Confused about Pac vs. Margo fight.  EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 2:31 pm

4445Frank wrote:
I admit that no sport has a shock value quite like professional boxing. Things happen that I just don't expect. The individual competition and the array of styles make upsets far more dramatic and interesting than any other sport. That said, I've seen some very intelligent individuals give Tony Margo a chance in his fight against Manny Pacquiao. I don't quite understand but I'll list some reasons that I suspect they're basing their opinion on.

1. (a) Perception: AM is a rugged, Mexican fighter out of the context of "Jose Luis Ramirez." Tall, able to take bomb after bomb and not get discouraged if he's fighting a warrior standing right in front of him.
? (b) Reality: It's impossible for anyone to know who Margo is. How many times has he loaded his gloves? Probably plenty of times. Does he have punching power? Probably not. The substance in Tony's gloves takes about 6 to 7 rounds to harden. This is why he came on strong against Cotto in these rounds. How many other fights did he start his attack in the middle rounds and turn the fight around?

2. (a) Looked horrible in his last outing. Nuff said.

3. Styles make fights. (a) See 1. You, me and everyone we know is really at a loss when it comes to the style of Marg. Any article on Marg will be repetitive. We have no idea who he is without the bricks in the gloves. Our only sign was the horrible beating he took against a fading "Shane Mosley." He looked terrible in that fight. Even if he has legitimate wins, you could easily argue that Shane gave him a career ending beating. Look at that fight again if you doubt my words.

4. Common sense has left some of us when it comes to Margo and the gloves so he's given a chance to beat Manny Pacquiao. Great. This is why I love boxing. No matter what is written on these pages or said by Teddy Atlas, the boxers still have to fight. Great sport.

5. Outcome. Run the Oscar vs. Pacquiao fight on your DVD player. Now, just think of a shorter fight with a very similar beating in mind for Margo. My opinion.

A response.

1. It's not that Margarito can TAKE bomb after bomb, it's that he throws and throws and throws. If Cotto and Clottey could mark Manny up doing what they do, how much more will a bigger guy who punches as much as both of them combined mark Manny up? The big question is the one you asked, what is Margo at this point? No way to know. I am not persuaded that we have ever actually seen Margarito hit someone with a loaded glove.

2. 'nuff said

3. Margo absolutley looked awful against a superior athlete of comparable size in his last fight. The thing is Manny isn't remotely of comparable size. I mean does anyone really think Manny punches as hard as Shane?

4. I'd ask what "common sense" has left the above analysis?

5. Outcome? No frakkin' idea. But I think this is VERY dangerous for Manny.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Confused about Pac vs. Margo fight.    Confused about Pac vs. Margo fight.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Confused about Pac vs. Margo fight.
Page 1 of 1