Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What about Pacquiao v. Margo in the Phillipines?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

What about Pacquiao v. Margo in the Phillipines? Empty
PostSubject: What about Pacquiao v. Margo in the Phillipines?   What about Pacquiao v. Margo in the Phillipines? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 10:59 pm

I know Texas is still an option and they'll put it back in Cowboy Stadium if they're approved, but I think Manny has enough pull to put this fight in the Philippines. Everything I've read has said it would go to Mexico. But Manny could use his political and celebrity clout to encourage people to come from around the world and support the Filipino people. It could be a huge sports/national event. I think people would find a way to pay for a seat. People sold their homes to go to the World Cup and I think Manny is that big of a deal over there. He's the World Cup. I have to think people could get behind this.

Is this in anyway a possibility?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What about Pacquiao v. Margo in the Phillipines?   What about Pacquiao v. Margo in the Phillipines? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 11:00 pm

Better idea than Mexico.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: What about Pacquiao v. Margo in the Phillipines?   What about Pacquiao v. Margo in the Phillipines? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 11:06 pm

I'm not sure you could find 60,000 Filipinos who could pay $100 for a fight.

In addition, the fight would have to take place on a Sunday Morning ala the Thrilla!
Back to top Go down
NJBeatdown86
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
NJBeatdown86

Favorite Fighter(s) : Highlander, Ricardo Romero,Roman Gonzalez, Pongsaklek Wonjongkam, Marco Huck, JMM, Frankie Edgar, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: What about Pacquiao v. Margo in the Phillipines?   What about Pacquiao v. Margo in the Phillipines? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 11:41 pm

Even if they made the tickets affordable, it would be a disaster, too many people trying to get in. Best off having the fight in Mexico, Dubai or better yet, not at all.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: What about Pacquiao v. Margo in the Phillipines?   What about Pacquiao v. Margo in the Phillipines? EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 9:55 am

JMM vs Pac III at Cowboy Stadium
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What about Pacquiao v. Margo in the Phillipines?   What about Pacquiao v. Margo in the Phillipines? EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 10:26 am

gomez1012 wrote:
JMM vs Pac III at Cowboy Stadium
Sounds good to me I would get to go.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What about Pacquiao v. Margo in the Phillipines?   What about Pacquiao v. Margo in the Phillipines? EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 10:35 am

Too much of a logistical nightmare for HBO.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: What about Pacquiao v. Margo in the Phillipines?   What about Pacquiao v. Margo in the Phillipines? EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 7:52 pm

a fight at home for Manny would be a major problem.

1-Roach rightfully wants to get Manny away from the distractions and chaos. Try convincing him to come to LA for training if the fight is going to be in the Phillippinnes.
2-As Marble correctly pointed out, it is highly unlikely that many of Manny's countrymen could afford the tickets
3-HBO would hate it
4-It might literally cause a riot. Can you imagine the number of people who might march on the stadium and try to bust in!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What about Pacquiao v. Margo in the Phillipines?   What about Pacquiao v. Margo in the Phillipines? Empty

Back to top Go down

What about Pacquiao v. Margo in the Phillipines?
Page 1 of 1