Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Walking Dead

Go down 
+21
mannyfresh
Farmer1906
Cu Bu
KingsOwn19
timthebim
cascade_run
acccardinal12
oggy420
r3dman7630
OU
killerofchicken
josh200612
Ludo
NoRegret
LA
Canvas
bobbitt15
Wolfgangsta
captainanddew
gomez1012
GDPofDRC
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

The Walking Dead - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 18 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 9:17 pm

Ali wrote:
Why the hell didn't they tell Dale that they never went through with the execution ?

They were about to but Dale was off wondering by himself in dejection, and was killed before Andrea could find him. Kind of a cheap way to kill Dale. I would have much preferred Shane somehow being directly responsible or Dale coming completely full circle from the Andrea suicide story-arc and making good on his statement "this is a world I don't want to live in". If Andrea, the civil rights lawyer had argued against him too, signifying the end of all he loves in the group, him killing himself before being notified would have been way cooler than Carl's dumbdickery AGAIN causing more issues.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 18 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 11:02 pm

Wolf, you have an addictive personality bro. Also the best zombies are dawn of the dead remake.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 18 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 11:53 pm

I don't dispute I have an addictive personality as commonly seen, but its more of an ADHD pesonality, wherein I get into somethang and thats MY SHIT. And FUCK the rest. Fuck my job. Fuck my dumb ass girlfriend. Fuck everything. But unlike a high functioning autistic, there is NO semblance of organizational skills.

Like MMA for instance. I got a secret I rarely share. I watched final countdown 2005 with Wand fighting I forget who, and Tank getting smashed by Yoshida, and CC vs Fedor and all that when it happened live at my bosses house. That was when I first learned of Prides dominance and EPIC OWNING of the UFC then, and way back when, in the 90s I watched UFC 17 on VHS with the epic Shamrock vs Horn match, and I bought and loved the shit out of both the PS2 and Dreamcast UFC games. but the internet buzz about CC getting his head blown off by Gonzaga was what turned me hardcore. Before GG vs CC I was as casual as they came, well, for someone who knew Pride was better, anyway. But by the end of 2007 I was already a militant Pride fanboy hardcore keyboard warrior of DOOM. But heres the thing, almost all the Pride fighters I loved and idolized etc, I watched in the middle of the night on youtube or via torrents. I wasnt a hardcore DURING Pride. Most Pride fighters I learned about through UFC Throwdown on PS2. I am kind of a post Pride poser really. But I got sooooooo into MMA that I watched almost every event well after the fact. Seen every Wand, Fedor fight that can be found. Seen all the old UFCs. I was going after TUF noobs with the vigor of someone who had lived inside Crocop's anus when a lot of those TUF noobs were watching MMA longer than me anyway. But god damn it, I knew more than they did. Before Shogun, Wand, all these Pride guys made their actual debuts, I had already lived all the memories with them. I had converted to the Chutebox Church and taken Shogun-Christ as my lord and savior.

When I met yall on ESPN, the forum created right before UFC 71, I hadn't been hardcore into MMA two full calender months. Not even. No body could tell though. I was living it and breathing it ALL DAY. Watching everything I could. 8-20 hours of fight videos. And if I looked like a noob at first, three months later I was a seasoned vet. 18 hours a day of sherdog forums, mma-tracker.net, youtube, etc will turn one into a tenth-dan master wizard in no time.

This is really the problem with MMA, is that the sport is still so young that it only takes a couple months to become an expert on some shit. Soulseek, the internet Death Metal community where "Wolfgangsta" is just as much a legend as he is here, followed my lead, and within the next two years most of my DM niggaz were also newfound post Pride Pride fanboys. This is basically why the internet is awash in dipshit know-it-alls fighting to the death on if Guy Mezger and Igor Vovchanchyn(spelled that bitch right on the first try) deserve all time ranking when aint a motherfucker in the debate ever seen them bitches fight at all. To put it into perspective, Brett Favre's career in the NFL started before MMA basically as we know it even existed.

MMA replaced heavy metal. Before MMA infested my soul, it was militant death metal. That got boring after years and years of writing about how the classic days of DM(the early 90s well before I liked the shit) was over, and so I moved onto some other overt masculine internet interest - cage fighting. But I've come to a point now where I am kind of burnt out of MMA for MMA's sake. Which is why it is harder for me to get pumped for fight leagues that don't feature the absolute best anymore. I feel guilty I neglect Bellator.

Who knows what comes next? My interests these days no longer need to be the utmost manliest shit possible to compensate for the fact I was a quintessential runt who got my fucking ass kicked from pillar to post most of my childhood. So now the entire world of ADHD obsessive compulsiveness is my oyster.....

Maybe gay sex? Hi Josh. Smile
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 18 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 11:56 pm

The above walls of text are brought you by my first day being on the stimulant medicine Adderall. I can churn out novels in ten minutes on uppers.

The shit makes me INCREDIBLY verbose. It is so different than when I was holed up, smoking K2 and pot all day which makes me slow and not want say much of anything.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 18 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 3:22 pm

[youtube][/youtube]
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 18 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 4:48 pm

Holy shit. Just read the full synopsis for next weeks finale. It is gonna be a good climax to the season.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 18 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 5:04 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Holy shit. Just read the full synopsis for next weeks finale. It is gonna be a good climax to the season.

Am I gonna like it?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 18 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 5:11 pm

Hell no
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 18 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 5:16 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Hell no

If it was like last weeks I'll probably cream.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 18 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 9:30 am

Um...I read some serious buzz kill about this show that pisses me off because really, I didn't think of all these flaws myself...why haven't they dug a moat with spikes sticking up around the cows and farm? Why haven't they made an arsenal of medieval weaponry including more cross bows or bows and arrows. If Walkers are a constant threat, and now an enemy raiding party is known to exist, wouldn't they fortify this bitch before this point?
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 18 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 2:02 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Um...I read some serious buzz kill about this show that pisses me off because really, I didn't think of all these flaws myself...why haven't they dug a moat with spikes sticking up around the cows and farm? Why haven't they made an arsenal of medieval weaponry including more cross bows or bows and arrows. If Walkers are a constant threat, and now an enemy raiding party is known to exist, wouldn't they fortify this bitch before this point?

Because it's a gated farm land that's so out of the way it would be hard to find without knowing it was even there. The group wouldn't even have found it without Otis shooting Carl in the first place. People tend to stay on the main roads because it leads to more places for sure in situations like this. Taking back roads when they don't have a map or know the area is potentially dangerous with zombies all over the woods and shit.

Not to mention they didn't even know if Herschell would let them stay at all until just a couple episodes ago.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 18 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 4:58 pm

Those are weak explanations. Being hard to find is nice but the assumption that survivor groups would not go down farm house roads cause its big scary is a bit ridic. Walkers are runnin up on the cattle anyway. Why haven't they done any sort of fortifications against a major Walker herd like the one that is running around the road?

Last edited by Wolfgangsta on Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 18 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 5:03 pm

Cause these are regular ol fucked up people not Doomsday Preppers.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 18 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 5:46 pm

doomsday already up on ya
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 18 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 6:09 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Those are weak explanations. Being hard to find is nice but the assumption that survivor groups would not go down farm house roads cause its big scary is a bit ridic. Walkers are runnin up on the cattle anyway. Why haven't they done any sort of fortifications against a major Walker herd like the one that is running around the road?

Well seeing as the survivor group wouldn't have found the farm if not for Carl getting shot in the first place I think it's safe to assume that groups of survivors aren't just going to go hiking in the woods unless they could help it. The farm is obviously in the middle of nowhere judging by the scenery around it that's been shown. The creek bed, the steep hill Darryl climbed up after being thrown off the horse, the rolling grass hills and surrounding forest all point to the farm being the kind of place you don't just stumble upon.

Walkers aren't running up on the cattle, the cattle broke out of the pen earlier in the day(which was explained when Dale went to lobby for Herschell's support on killing the kid) and they hadn't collected them all just yet when Dale got killed. That walker wouldn't even have been on the farm if Carl hadn't fucked with it and ran off that way for it to follow in the first place.

The only evidence to date that walkers are anywhere near the farm property have been cases of a singular walker. The one in the well that nobody knew about until well after it'd been there, and now this one that killed Dale.
Back to top Go down
mannyfresh
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Royce

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 18 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 4:33 am

If it was me i wouldnt even waste bullets on walkers, bullets would be saved for live people who are more of a threat. I would have found a really big ass truck already and an ice pick and a machete. Big truck to run over them ice pick for a clean pokin when its a lone walker and a machete and a gun for when it gets hairy.

I havent read this whole thread but just in case no one has mentioned it this show is based off of a comic book series so there is a wiki page dedicated to it. So far the show is loosely following the comic book so if you want spoilers you can read the wiki page to get a general idea where everything is headed.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 18 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 6:33 pm

Ludo wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

Well seeing as the survivor group wouldn't have found the farm if not for Carl getting shot in the first place I think it's safe to assume that groups of survivors aren't just going to go hiking in the woods unless they could help it. The farm is obviously in the middle of nowhere judging by the scenery around it that's been shown. The creek bed, the steep hill Darryl climbed up after being thrown off the horse, the rolling grass hills and surrounding forest all point to the farm being the kind of place you don't just stumble upon.

Walkers aren't running up on the cattle, the cattle broke out of the pen earlier in the day(which was explained when Dale went to lobby for Herschell's support on killing the kid) and they hadn't collected them all just yet when Dale got killed. That walker wouldn't even have been on the farm if Carl hadn't fucked with it and ran off that way for it to follow in the first place.

The only evidence to date that walkers are anywhere near the farm property have been cases of a singular walker. The one in the well that nobody knew about until well after it'd been there, and now this one that killed Dale.

The Greene farm is located down a road. People travel on roads. To assume no one would ever travel down that road is stupid. They are just miles from a huge suvivor group that is dangerous. There are hundreds of Walkers running up on the farm right now. They don't even have the place as fortified as a typical farmhouse is surrounded by Zombies.

I like the idea of running walkers over with a snow plow, then getting out and finishing off the crippled walkers. good call manny
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 18 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 6:44 pm

So in less than three weeks, the group of regular folks, not contractors and laborers, didn't build spike moats around the estate, booby trap zombie pits and castle up the house while they were in constant conflict among themselves and that is a plot flaw that has you bugged? That's not even reaching for straws.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 18 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 6:54 pm

Lori bugs me, but I think she is supposed to. She bugs in the comic as well.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 18 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 8:28 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Ludo wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

The Greene farm is located down a road. People travel on roads. To assume no one would ever travel down that road is stupid. They are just miles from a huge suvivor group that is dangerous. There are hundreds of Walkers running up on the farm right now. They don't even have the place as fortified as a typical farmhouse is surrounded by Zombies.

I like the idea of running walkers over with a snow plow, then getting out and finishing off the crippled walkers. good call manny

It may be on a road but it's on a back road away from both town and the highway. Nobody roaming around is just going to be taking back roads like it's a college road trip. Have you forgotten that all of civilization has collapsed and turned to shit in the last few months? Most people are dead, the ones that aren't dead are looking for safe open areas found near the main road(also an open area), not hiking through the woods singing To Grammas House We Go".

Gas is a commodity not as easily found as just going to the local gas station, it has to be siphoned from other vehicles and nobody abandoned vehicles out in the boondocks when the world ended. Everyone was trying to get the hell out of dodge through... Wait for it... Main roads! Without gas to siphon vehicles won't run, without vehicles they cannot carry all the supplies they have been, without all the supplies and being on foot without a wide open place to make camp they die.

Also the fortification idea is fucking ridiculous in the timeframe they've been dealing in. They are having a hard time doing laundry and keeping fed and you want them to expend calories by the boatload digging trenches and setting up a backwoods version of Guantanamo Bay while nobody even knew if they would be allowed to stay there after Carl recovered?

You're over thinking this way too much.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 18 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 8:35 pm

They have tractors dude. The idea scouts for a rival, dangerous survivor group wouldn't be looking down those type of roads for those type of limited resources is ridic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 18 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 9:02 pm

About time Rick.

Erm where exactly did the army of Walkers come from ?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 18 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 9:20 pm

the cows got loose, attracting a herd of walkers. The herd could be the herd we saw in the first episode, or the herd 17 miles away where they almost let that kid go, or the herd in the town five miles away.

But there is no reason to fortify the house, or dig a moat.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 18 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 10:48 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
They have tractors dude. The idea scouts for a rival, dangerous survivor group wouldn't be looking down those type of roads for those type of limited resources is ridic.

Tractors dig moats now? Gotta get Me one of those for December.

The idea that scouts for a rival group are roving around the woods 5 miles outside of town without vehicles(which they would be using sparingly, and would otherwise be on foot for things like recon) is a huge reach. How much ground are we supposed to believe these people are covering in foreign terrain on a daily basis? Nobody is staying far outside of the main settlement for this rival group after dark. Assuming these guys are actually staying directly in town, which I doubt because there's not much left as far as supplies beyond apparently top shelf booze, thats still 10 mile treks in and out of the woods on the chance they were lucky enough to start in the right direction.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 18 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 10:53 pm

The would do that with vehicles. A motorcycle for instance could cover a LOT of ground on A LITTLE gas. If I led a survivor group that is the strategy I would employ. Scouring farm roads for farms and the resources they would have, and safe places to camp. In the months right after a holocaust, gas would not be that big of an issue to prevent scouting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Walking Dead
Page 18 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next