Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Walking Dead

Go down 
+21
mannyfresh
Farmer1906
Cu Bu
KingsOwn19
timthebim
cascade_run
acccardinal12
oggy420
r3dman7630
OU
killerofchicken
josh200612
Ludo
NoRegret
LA
Canvas
bobbitt15
Wolfgangsta
captainanddew
gomez1012
GDPofDRC
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

The Walking Dead - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 19 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 11:05 pm

Gas itself no, but being out in the open to refuel would be. Walkers aren't terribly far from where people were living prior to the whole thing. Nobody is hanging around gas stations because there's little to no lasting cover. That motorcycle theory isn't the best either, they are too loud, much more noise than a car or truck and they would attract anything in the immediate area to the road, which makes getting back difficult. Hence why Darryl hasn't ridden Merle's since they got to the farm, and only rode it while he was in the caravan with the rest of the group.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 19 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 11:18 pm

Ludo shut up dude. Honestly. lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 19 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 12:19 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Ludo shut up dude. Honestly. lol

Cry about it in another blog.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 19 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 5:24 am

cry about what? amon amarth never being remotely good and metal for first graders?
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 19 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 1:58 pm

Aside from making a reference to first graders about six times in the last week you still aren't bringing much when your not entering an aderrol induced seizure and creating the longest posts to never say a damn thing of all time. How long(and by that I mean how much blogging/fake weed/jungle fever) before everything culminates in you creating a scene that looks alot like the end of the movie Se7en?

But yeah, they should totally dig moats and build caltrops all over the place, it'll only take about eight or nine months to realistically put in all that work for the six men and four women able to work.

The Walking Dead - Page 19 Guinness-brilliant
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 19 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 6:12 pm

They have the equipment to dig around the house in-case a herd of walkers comes. They could do it in days. Farms have the kind of equipment that could do that kind of work. The farm people during the season have run across two different survivor parties, one that took up residence and one camped nearby that is so much of a danger we spent three episodes debating on torturing, releasing, murdering a kid, they've run across many herds, and enough random walkers to fill a whole barn. Farms have heavy machinery that can dig bro. I don't think we need to argue the logistics of building better fortifications than what they have done. It is just a minor plot hole, and doesn't detract from the writing otherwise.

The reason they haven't done it sooner is because the vibe of the show benefits greatly from the farm looking like a classic farm and the serenity of the visuals vs the harshness of the reality they live in being juxtaposed across eachother, and the fact they were building up to a classic Night of the Living Dead type walker assault on the building.

We've spent far too much time debating this, and you're getting far too emotionally invested. I was playing when I said "shut dude like omg lol seriously"

Is Seven any good, never seen it?
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 19 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 6:32 pm

If you haven't ever seen Se7en you just may be a blight on the society. Do it and do it now, I'm sure Jehova won't mind.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 19 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 7:42 pm

farms have shovels and tillers not fucking bulldozers

this debate = ludo>wolf

I do like some of wolfs points on the survivalists and plans but the farm debate is uber fail
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 19 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 9:34 pm

Any of you ever been on a farm at all? You guys are making yourselves look like fucking complete idiots.

I grew up in the midwest, corn country, Cat's HQ and John Deers HQ each about an hour away. I did a lot of sales to family owned farms prior to my time in the aq business during my time in the air filtration business. Since then I have worked in the fertilizer/pesticide business either in sales or in production much of my adult life. I have a lot of experience with farmers, farms and land owners. All of them, especially self sufficient, family owned ones like this which have different types of live stock and also fields where crops/feed are grown, have bob cats, and small diggers. Those are some of the most basic pieces of equipment in ag. I don't need to educate you guys on the various ag based reasons trenching and digging would be needed on a farm. You guys are not first graders. (that makes 8?) A plow, which already digs could easily be retrofitted with implements to dig deeper with what they have. Even if not, I am sure the local town just up the road wouldn't mind one of a billion pieces of equipment being taken for such an endeavor from one of the many abandoned dealerships that would be all over the place.

The suspension of disbelief required to believe humans could reanimate and destroy the world is less extreme than believing a farm like the Greene farm would not have equipment such as ;

The Walking Dead - Page 19 B3200-load---backhoe_17M469

http://www.grit.com/uploadedImages/GRT/blogs/Fixin_Fence/B3200-Backhoe-work_17M4874.jpg

The Walking Dead - Page 19 B3200-loader-carry-logs_17M

Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 19 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 10:12 pm

My family has a farm in OK. They have nothing like that above. They do/did have 2 tractors though.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 19 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 11:27 pm

What do they farm? OK is mostly corn right? A farm that has fruit trees, horses, cattle, chickens, and fields of some undetermined kind would absolutely need stuff to dig with. but anyway, regular plowing tractors could do the crude excavating anyway.

You wouldn't need to dig super deep anyway, a few feet deep, mix up the dirt, add water(easily pumped from the wells), make quicksand like in the forest.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 19 EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 12:42 am

When the hell did this thread get hijacked by tractor drivers ?
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 19 EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 1:29 am

Ali wrote:

Ever since Emery Myers started selling John Deere door to door instead of vacuums.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 19 EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 1:31 am

Ludo wrote:
Ali wrote:

Ever since Emery Myers started selling John Deere door to door instead of vacuums.

This explains alot

The Walking Dead - Page 19 Michael_Myers_2
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 19 EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 2:16 am

I never sold vacuums door to door. That was by apt technically. and they weren't vacuums, they were filter queens(that somehow was our pitch, this vacuum isnt a vacuum at all...buy for 3k?) I sold fertilizer and weed control door to door, and later cable tv.

So without any spoilers from the shit floating around online, what happens tomorrow you think? besides an obvious walker attack
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 19 EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 11:43 am

It's just a TV show.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 19 EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 8:01 pm

josh200612 wrote:
It's just a TV show.....

No it's not it's magic !
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 19 EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 10:53 pm

Um...The mid season finale was better.

I was kind of distracted during the episode...but very hit or miss. Still some cool moments though. It got stronger after the dumb zombie battle ended. Everyone is a crackshot even from moving vehicles. Zombies appear everyone at once out of no where. Whatever dude. If they made people less accurate, they could ramp up the fear and suspense by less zombies more realistically approaching through survivors missing or just hitting their bodies while dealing with almost no ammo. They gave into the public wanting an endless stream of zombies and a high body count and totally fucked up this scene. IMO. (I bet josh LOVES it)

Lori is a fucking cunt. She was basically asking for Rick to kill Shane a few episodes ago, and when he finally tries to take Rick out, leaving Rick no fucking choice, she pulls that noise? Whatever...she is preggo and clearly stressed, but that was ridiculous. Lori, faced with Shane's death shows her true colors. Maybe that is partially why Rick turned boss at the end.

Frankly, to be extra sexist sounding someone needed to shut all the dissenting beotches up. Daryl and Hershel are with Rick. T-dogg seems like he'll step into Shane's role suddenly when we barely heard from him before, but the two leader-types that people look too all back Rick. Carole and Glens chick are all way over steppin with the constant babbling. Rick's kid too. Shut the fuck up everyone.

In the comic, is it a virus everyone is infected with or is this a departure? I assumed the basic Romero rules applied per the Walking Dead wiki. And here they do, but the survivors were simply unaware of that.

They didn't kill any characters we cared about in this episode, and just killed the people we always expected would die and didn't know or give a shit about. Dumb.

The show got real weird with the assassin ninja with the chained up twin negro zombies. I have no familiarity with the comic so for me that was a real wtf moment.

I liked it overall obviously but it felt disjointed, too busy, and failed to deliver the best bang of the season. They should have shot a two hour season finale instead.

Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 19 EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 11:50 pm

The hooded figure is a huge character from the comics and a major part of what happens next season.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 19 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 12:45 am

Can't wait till October.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 19 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 12:56 am

dales r v in the walking dead is the same make and model as lone stars in space balls. All criticism is now invalid.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 19 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 1:03 am

Season finale was good better than last seasons. I'm actually excited for next season as long as they don't slow the show down which they do alot. Hopefully the new characters are like able which I think they will be. Rick is finally turning into my favorite character running the show and Darryl has always been like able. How was the mid season finale better? Please tell me you aren't talking about Sophia? LMAO! That shit was dumb! Wolf get a grip dude its' just a TV show not real life. Get outside sometime and get some Sun. Rick just needs to drop Lori she is worthless if I was him I would of left her when I found out.

Last edited by josh200612 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 19 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 1:13 am

that was pretty good. What is with the helicopter? Is that a part of the story line or just a random event to send zombies their way?
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 19 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 1:17 am

Great ending to the season, I absolutely hate cliffhangers though and I am not going to read the comics although I want to, not so sure why Laurie was so pissed of what choice did Rick have but to end Shane, thought for sure Andrea was going to buy it, was that what I think it was in the distance, not a bad place to hold up I would say. I love the fact they are only going to make us wait 6 months or so
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 19 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 2:35 am

oggy420 wrote:
that was pretty good. What is with the helicopter? Is that a part of the story line or just a random event to send zombies their way?

Talking Dead says it plays into next season and is important. Rick also saw a chopper in the first episode of the show too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Walking Dead
Page 19 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next