Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Walking Dead

Go down 
+21
mannyfresh
Farmer1906
Cu Bu
KingsOwn19
timthebim
cascade_run
acccardinal12
oggy420
r3dman7630
OU
killerofchicken
josh200612
Ludo
NoRegret
LA
Canvas
bobbitt15
Wolfgangsta
captainanddew
gomez1012
GDPofDRC
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 9:45 am

fixed!

Last edited by Ali on Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 6:09 pm

That will be a show I watch. Virus/zombie/reanimation type movies are one of my favorite genres. It will be interesting to see how that translates to an AMC TV show, they have been making some high quality original stuff though lately.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 6:33 pm

When does it start?
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 6:34 pm

This has the potential to be great. Really looking forward to it.

Hopefully it has good character development, because people getting devoured can get old pretty quick if you don't give a shit about them.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 7:19 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
That will be a show I watch. Virus/zombie/reanimation type movies are one of my favorite genres. It will be interesting to see how that translates to an AMC TV show, they have been making some high quality original stuff though lately.

Ya? I am so sick of this yawn inducing premise though. So now they're managing to knock off post-post Romero Zombie movies like 28 days later.

Yo I think what bothers me the most about new flicks like this is how their real world is oblivious to zombie apocalypses and have no clue whats up as if pop culture isn't grossly saturated in it.

Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 7:20 pm

captainanddew wrote:
This has the potential to be great. Really looking forward to it.

Hopefully it has good character development, because people getting devoured can get old pretty quick if you don't give a shit about them.

This has the potential to be another random bastardization of Resident Evil, The Romero Dead series, 28 days later and Left for Dead.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 7:24 pm

wolf-having a negative day?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 7:27 pm

LOL you were quick to edit your post. It originally said "do you say anything that isn't retarded".

What spooked you?

Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 7:55 pm

The potential in plot premise in these types of Apocalyptic survival films is always high but more often than not fail. I know the genre is pretty wallered out, but, I like it when done well. AMC has been nailing it in the drama department, this has a chance to be good. Even tough the preview rips off several recent themes in it, it would be nice if it could make good on combining the better aspects of the genre into a good series.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 7:57 pm

Ya I know. I like the zombie/survival genre too. It's just I've seen so, so many movies in this vein lately.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 10:04 pm

This is going to be the shit. I smell another great AMC show
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 10:19 pm

A zombie show on AMC ? Why am I just now hearing about this?
Back to top Go down

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 10:46 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
When does it start?

October 31st I believe.
Back to top Go down

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 10:47 pm

Isn't it based of a comic book series ?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 1:10 pm

I want to check out the comics.

Frank Darabont is writing and directing this. That is a positive. He did the same for Shawshank Redemption and the Green Mile.

AMC is venturing into zombie-drama territory with multi-hyphenate Frank Darabont.

Cabler is close to finalizing one of the richest development deals ever with Darabont to write and direct a series adaptation of the Image Comics graphic novel series "The Walking Dead," penned by Robert Kirkman. Gale Anne Hurd of Valhalla Motion Pictures and David Alpert of Circle of Confusion are also on board to exec produce.

Project is set among a group of zombie survivors of an apocalypse who are led by a police officer, Rick Grimes, in search of a safe place to live. Numerous editions of the "Walking Dead" graphic novels have been published since 2003.

Joel Stillerman, AMC's senior veep of programming, production and original content, said the project appealed to the cabler because of "the quality of the storytelling" in Kirkman's work. The series will stay faithful to the tone of the original novels, he said.

"This is not about zombies popping out of closets," Stillerman said. "This is a story about survival, and the dynamics of what happens when a group is forced to survive under these circumstances. The world (in 'Walking Dead') is portrayed in a smart, sophisticated way."

Stillerman noted that the cabler's annual "Fear Fest" movie showcase around Halloween is one of AMC's most popular programming events of the year. "We've got an audience that loves this kind of material," he said.

Darabont and Hurd pitched the project to AMC and several other outlets. There is no studio attached yet. The duo's involvement made the project a must-have for the cabler, Stillerman said. "These are two world-class filmmakers who are also brilliant storytellers with experience in the fantasy genre," he said.
Back to top Go down

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 1:18 pm

Frank Darabont is a great director.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 11:57 am

Starts next Sunday
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 2:46 pm

The first episode has been leaked. I've heard good to great reviews. Quality is average to above average. Will check out tonight.

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5898834/The_Walking_Dead_S01E01_PREAiR_x264
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 3:25 am

GDPofDRC wrote:
The first episode has been leaked. I've heard good to great reviews. Quality is average to above average. Will check out tonight.

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5898834/The_Walking_Dead_S01E01_PREAiR_x264

Shit I forgot why I logged back on here. I just watched this ^. I thought it was pretty fucking dope.

I could tell in the first two minutes, the first scene, when shit just starts out nice and hardcore they weren't gonna pussy foot around the deed. But yeah decent acting and set up pilot episode. I will be all over this show like white on rice in a glass of milk on a paper plate in a snowstorm this season.
Back to top Go down

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 3:29 am

I read an article where AMC didn't care about any of the gruesome Zombie stuff but wouldn't allow thrusting in a sex scene.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 3:36 am

What is this?
Back to top Go down

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 3:39 am

LA wrote:
What is this?

Watch the trailer.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 3:48 am

Looks good I'll check it out, if ever therewas an apocalypse, I'd want a zombie apocalypse, I'd fuck shit up..
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 11:35 am

anybody watch?
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 11:38 am

I watched last night. It was pretty good, cant wait for the season to continue.

Just one small thing I thought was kinda dumb was how in the world the guy was fine in his hospital bed all that time while the zombie apocalypse happened, but the rest of the hospital was all ransacked and shit lol.

It was still a good show though. Kinda gave me a 28 days later feel, only Americanized lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead Empty

Back to top Go down

The Walking Dead
Page 1 of 22Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next