Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Phil Jackson returning, last run:

Go down 
+7
NoRegret
oggy420
timthebim
LTFG
OU
bobbitt15
LA
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

Phil Jackson returning, last run: Empty
PostSubject: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 5:25 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5346690

Got a text from my buddy, "Phils back = 3-Peat"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 9:24 pm

Greatest coach in history will retire with 4 threepeats.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 9:57 pm

I fucking hope so, though I already gaurenteed it so...

That would be a great debate, is he the greatest coach ever?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 10:25 pm

He has to be. 11 titles with 2 different teams in 2 different conferences. I'm a Bulls fan so I know how much we miss him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 3:06 pm

I dont see them getting three.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 4:01 pm

Who beats them? This season did soo much to shape them for another run, everything about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 4:09 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Who beats them? This season did soo much to shape them for another run, everything about it.
There is a lot of teams out there. Boston and OKC come to mind. Its very hard to win a title and there is always someone out there that can end your run.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 4:10 pm

OKC and the Lakers are going to have some good battles over the next few years. This year was Boston's last hurrah IMO
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 4:11 pm

bobbitt's got my vote.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 4:12 pm

OKC is not ready, the Laker were going through the motions in rd 1, sometimes I think people say teams because they hope they can beat them, but don't really believe it.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 4:24 pm

I agree with Bobbitt for the multitude of reasons I listed in LA's other blow hard thread about them making a run next year...
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 4:30 pm

And no one cared

Bobbit is a Lakers fan, he doesn't for a second really think OKC would beat the Lakers.

When an already great team, goes back to back, through all those battles, a hard fought 7 games series in the NBA Finals, that just brings a team closer together and prepares them for future wars, no other team has that.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 4:43 pm

It depends where they free agents end up on who will give the Lake Show a run next season but they definitely arent a lock to win it all.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 5:15 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
And no one cared

Bobbit is a Lakers fan, he doesn't for a second really think OKC would beat the Lakers.

When an already great team, goes back to back, through all those battles, a hard fought 7 games series in the NBA Finals, that just brings a team closer together and prepares them for future wars, no other team has that.

And have four old guys starting, a barely above mediocre supporting cast and a tired and oft disinterested coach on the sidelines... Second round exit after securing at best a 3 seed.

Like I said before, I get being a homer but some reality mixed in would be nice. 7 wins separated the 1 seed from the 8 seed in the west this year. Why is it that you seem to think that an older team in decline is going to be that much better than the teams that are vastly improving around them? And now we've had time to take in the draft... The Lakers killed it there, didn't they? Caracter and Ebanks will be D league regulars likely for a few years. They could do something in free angency if they get rid of Morrison, Farmar and Fisher (He's 35 and in obvious decline)... But I doubt they drop Fisher and will do very little in free agency.

Not to mention the teams in the east that are getting better... You have no logic to your argument whatsoever other than they have won two in a row and YOU think they're a shoo-in for another...
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 5:16 pm

timthebim wrote:
It depends where they free agents end up on who will give the Lake Show a run next season but they definitely arent a lock to win it all.

Understatement of the week...
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 5:21 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:
And no one cared

And have four old guys starting, a barely above mediocre supporting cast and a tired and oft disinterested coach on the sidelines... Second round exit after securing at best a 3 seed.

Like I said before, I get being a homer but some reality mixed in would be nice. 7 wins separated the 1 seed from the 8 seed in the west this year. Why is it that you seem to think that an older team in decline is going to be that much better than the teams that are vastly improving around them? And now we've had time to take in the draft... The Lakers killed it there, didn't they? Caracter and Ebanks will be D league regulars likely for a few years. They could do something in free angency if they get rid of Morrison, Farmar and Fisher (He's 35 and in obvious decline)... But I doubt they drop Fisher and will do very little in free agency.

Not to mention the teams in the east that are getting better... You have no logic to your argument whatsoever other than they have won two in a row and YOU think they're a shoo-in for another...

3 seed? your posts are simply laughable bro

Looking at signing Mike Miller, Raja Bell, Morrow, obviously re-up Fish, and not really that old, you know the Celtics? ever heard of that team, much older this year and look where they were, hmmmm...

Oh and Bynum, having surgery on his knee this summer

No team in the West can contend with them, this isn't even being a homer, it's a fact, I mean who? and don't give me the same recycled teams.

In the East, Bron probably stays in Cleveland which can't get it done, and even if Bosh and Wade play toether it really isn't enough.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 5:33 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
LikesToFightGuy wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:
And no one cared

3 seed? your posts are simply laughable bro

Looking at signing Mike Miller, Raja Bell, Morrow, obviously re-up Fish, and not really that old, you know the Celtics? ever heard of that team, much older this year and look where they were, hmmmm...

Oh and Bynum, having surgery on his knee this summer

No team in the West can contend with them, this isn't even being a homer, it's a fact, I mean who? and don't give me the same recycled teams.

In the East, Bron probably stays in Cleveland which can't get it done, and even if Bosh and Wade play toether it really isn't enough.

We'll bring it all up in a few months...
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 5:37 pm

Funny how wrong I was when I gaurenteed repeat last year...
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 5:38 pm

way too early to be arguing about basketball
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 5:40 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Funny how wrong I was when I gaurenteed repeat last year...

And funnier how I didn't argue it then because they actually had a solid shot at doing it. Unlike now if you're being objective... Something you clearly are incapable of...
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 5:41 pm

oggy420 wrote:

Never too early to point out when LA's being a dipshit...
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 5:41 pm

What changed? if anything they're a stronger team now
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 5:42 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
oggy420 wrote:

Never too early to point out when LA's being a dipshit...

I'm giving solid reasoning, what you're saying is moronic, 3 seed? I still can't get over that
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 5:45 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
OKC is not ready, the Laker were going through the motions in rd 1, sometimes I think people say teams because they hope they can beat them, but don't really believe it.
I was a hardcore Lakers fan up until they got rid of Shaq. I am now a big OKC fan and they gave the Lakers a tough time.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 5:49 pm

The Lakers always go through the motions early in the playoffs, I'm just saying.

No player is above the team, so you were a Shaq fan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: Empty

Back to top Go down

Phil Jackson returning, last run:
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next