Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Phil Jackson returning, last run:

Go down 
+7
NoRegret
oggy420
timthebim
LTFG
OU
bobbitt15
LA
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

Phil Jackson returning, last run: - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 5:56 pm

Honestly though OKC has some really nice pieces. Westbrook and Durant might be as good of a 1 2 punch in the league and they are both young and only getting better. Still though i think they need more if they want to knock off the lakers.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 5:59 pm

Solid post OG, they def are good and young, but to beat LA you're team has to have better bigmen, Durant didn't even have a good series against us, just too many weapons to overcome. Down the road sure, next year no way.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 6:01 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
LikesToFightGuy wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
way too early to be arguing about basketball

Never too early to point out when LA's being a dipshit...

I'm giving solid reasoning, what you're saying is moronic, 3 seed? I still can't get over that

Solid reasoning based on what? An old starting unit that's getting older and missing games due to injury that was only 7 wins better than the 8 seed is guaranteed the 1 seed next year when 4 or 5 of the wests playoff teams from this year are on the upswing? Yeah, that's solid...
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 6:04 pm

Im with oggy its way to early to argue BB at least till some of the BIG DOGS sign somewhere.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 6:09 pm

OMFG ur dense

Not really that old first off, also as I stated who came out of the East? the Celtics? a much older team, and in dominant fashion.

The Lakers are clearly the best team in the West, so much so that they kind of go through the motions in the earlier rds, it's happened for the last couple years.

What teams are going to challenge them? the same recycled teams we've heard about over and over again? None of them are getting any big free agenets to make them stronger. IMO the West is a lock.

Add in the free agents the Lakers are pursuing, Raja Bell, Mike Miller, Morrow, among others, they're trying to create a stronger bench, add in resigning Fish.

The East really comes down to free agency, but honestly, Bron probably stays in Cleveland who can't get it done, and even if Wade and Bosh team up, you really think that's enough because I don't.

Last remember the battles this team has been through together, that shit is priceless, Bynum will be healthy again aswell.

Already said all this but you're LTFG so....
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 6:09 pm

timthebim wrote:
Im with oggy its way to early to argue BB at least till some of the BIG DOGS sign somewhere.

They aren't really big dogs, and I don't see them effecting much unless they all play togther.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 6:21 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
timthebim wrote:

They aren't really big dogs, and I don't see them effecting much unless they all play togther.

Well at least a couple of them will be playing together and Melo is probably getting traded somewhere also that can make an impact. There is alot that can happen between now and October when the season starts.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 6:35 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
OMFG ur dense

Not really that old first off, also as I stated who came out of the East? the Celtics? a much older team, and in dominant fashion.
And again, from a weaker conference and built differently. As far as not that old... Four starters are 10+ years in the league and all four are in OBVIOUS decline. Yep, better just carve their names on the trophy today because LA says so...

The Lakers are clearly the best team in the West, so much so that they kind of go through the motions in the earlier rds, it's happened for the last couple years.
Your opinion... Oklahoma City and Phoenix gave them all they could handle and even though they swept Utah, they didn't blow them out once. You can "guess" that they were on cruise control, but that's expected with those purple colored glasses on.

What teams are going to challenge them? the same recycled teams we've heard about over and over again? None of them are getting any big free agenets to make them stronger. IMO the West is a lock.
West is a lock when all the teams other than SA and Phoenix are younger and getting better and they only outdistanced themselves from the next 7 by 7 games this season? And no one knows what free agents they have as of now... Well, except you of course.

Add in the free agents the Lakers are pursuing, Raja Bell, Mike Miller, Morrow, among others, they're trying to create a stronger bench, add in resigning Fish.
Again, key word is pursuing... Everyone is pursuing at this point.

The East really comes down to free agency, but honestly, Bron probably stays in Cleveland who can't get it done, and even if Wade and Bosh team up, you really think that's enough because I don't.
If you don't think that Cleveland, Boston, Miami, Orlando or Atlanta aren't capable of competing now, you really are delusional. I mean you give no one outside of the Lakers any credit AT ALL.

Last remember the battles this team has been through together, that shit is priceless, Bynum will be healthy again aswell.
Please

Already said all this but you're LTFG so....
And you aren't a bit argumentative... Okay pot...

Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 6:40 pm

Umm the Suns and Spurs are older, some postions no, but their main players yes. And Amare is probably not resigning from what I'm hearing.

OKC in the 1st rd, then they decided to WIN the series, if you believe they could beat em, I'll place a $1000 wagger with you, like for real.

Boston is even older, but you think they can compete but LA is too old? WTF? Orlando is weak minded and we've beaten them, Cleveland can't even beat the Celtics or Magic sooo....

How do those battles not help a team, are you really this dumb? did you ever play sports?
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 6:40 pm

hold on now. This years free agents is filled with "big fucking dogs". This free agent class has the ability to totally change the league. Wether they will or not remains to be seen.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 6:42 pm

oggy420 wrote:
hold on now. This years free agents is filled with "big fucking dogs". This free agent class has the ability to totally change the league. Wether they will or not remains to be seen.

Yeah he is argueing enough with every1 else so I didnt really challenge him saying they arent really BIG DOGS!!!! He must be alittle off his game to say that!!
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 6:43 pm

hold on for a sec. Which 4 lakers starters are in decline? Because Gasol, Kobe, and Bynum are all pretty much in their prime....
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 6:47 pm

1 of them have won a championship, I think they're all overblown

They'd all have to play togther IMO
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 6:48 pm

Umm the Suns and Spurs are older
Yeah, that's what I said dipshit.

OKC in the 1st rd, then they decided to WIN the series, if you believe they could beat em, I'll place a $1000 wagger with you, like for real.
We'll take this back up if they meet. You better hope to shit you can afford it and pull through though!!!

Boston is even older, but you think they can compete but LA is too old? WTF? Orlando is weak minded and we've beaten them, Cleveland can't even beat the Celtics or Magic sooo....
Boston is different because of how they're built. But I'm predicting they will fall off more than the Lakers. And now you know the mindsets of the teams... Really?

How do those battles not help a team, are you really this dumb? did you ever play sports?
You can play together and battle all you want, but you can't overcome aging. I've lived it junior!!!

Again... We will revive this come basketball season. I'm done with it for now though.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 6:49 pm

Dude its all the best players in the WORLD besides Kobe!
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 6:50 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
1 of them have won a championship, I think they're all overblown

They'd all have to play togther IMO

naa dude, they are all legit superstars. No one can win it by themselves, even Kobe.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 6:52 pm

Revist away, but the Spurs and Suns are among the top teams, the younger teams aren't good enough yet, I mean really?

And honestly it come to OR and meet you in person to make that bet man

OKC this upsoming season will beat the Lakers? making sure we're on the same page.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 6:53 pm

Lakers missed the playoffs before Gasol got there LOL.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 6:54 pm

Man you guy are falling into the madia shit, you really thinking they go to teams and those teams right away gel and win it all vs. a great team that's been together through thick and thin, a 7 game Finals series?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 6:55 pm

timthebim wrote:
Lakers missed the playoffs before Gasol got there LOL.

Yeah go look at that team bro, Bron got bounced with the best record in the league two years in a row, but no his teammmates blow LOL
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 6:56 pm

Depends who signs where? I will take talent over experience any day, not saying the Lakers arent talented but if u put LeBron and Bosh, or Bosh and wade together they automaticly become contenders.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 6:59 pm

Contenders sure, but a betting man would still pick the Lakers
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 7:11 pm

You guys may end up being right, I was getting way to into this, hell I'm a fan, but I see it how I see it. Fuck I made a bet with Oggy for a year that the Jets won't make the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 7:26 pm

Kobe breaks his ankle, OKC wins it, KD is the Finals MVP...BAM! FACE!
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 7:28 pm

Ding dong, hi KD, wack, another Nancy Karrigon incident
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Phil Jackson returning, last run:
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next