Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Phil Jackson returning, last run:

Go down 
+7
NoRegret
oggy420
timthebim
LTFG
OU
bobbitt15
LA
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Phil Jackson returning, last run: - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: - Page 7 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 5:28 pm

LA wrote:
OU wrote:
LA wrote:
Are you gonna go off about how dirty that was?

But yeah whenever put that logo up, I'd saw about a week should do.

That play pictured above was one of the dirtiest plays in basketball. Bynum's was 10x worse. Blindsided in mid air by a guy twice your size, come on bro. Fanhood aside, it was a disgusting play that shouldn't be tolerated.

Who said it wasn't? but you tried to be funny with your pic, so I asked a question.

It was a dirty play, very dirty. But not even in the same universe as the Bynum foul. It's more on the level of the Ron Ron foul which now looks like a slap on the wrist. But honestly wasn't upset over the Ron foul when it happened.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: - Page 7 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 11:41 am

damn, ya'll need to simmer down some

Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: - Page 7 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 12:16 pm

LTFG wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:
LikesToFightGuy wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:
And no one cared

Bobbit is a Lakers fan, he doesn't for a second really think OKC would beat the Lakers.

When an already great team, goes back to back, through all those battles, a hard fought 7 games series in the NBA Finals, that just brings a team closer together and prepares them for future wars, no other team has that.

And have four old guys starting, a barely above mediocre supporting cast and a tired and oft disinterested coach on the sidelines... Second round exit after securing at best a 3 seed.

Like I said before, I get being a homer but some reality mixed in would be nice. 7 wins separated the 1 seed from the 8 seed in the west this year. Why is it that you seem to think that an older team in decline is going to be that much better than the teams that are vastly improving around them? And now we've had time to take in the draft... The Lakers killed it there, didn't they? Caracter and Ebanks will be D league regulars likely for a few years. They could do something in free angency if they get rid of Morrison, Farmar and Fisher (He's 35 and in obvious decline)... But I doubt they drop Fisher and will do very little in free agency.

Not to mention the teams in the east that are getting better... You have no logic to your argument whatsoever other than they have won two in a row and YOU think they're a shoo-in for another...

3 seed? your posts are simply laughable bro

Looking at signing Mike Miller, Raja Bell, Morrow, obviously re-up Fish, and not really that old, you know the Celtics? ever heard of that team, much older this year and look where they were, hmmmm...

Oh and Bynum, having surgery on his knee this summer

No team in the West can contend with them, this isn't even being a homer, it's a fact, I mean who? and don't give me the same recycled teams.

In the East, Bron probably stays in Cleveland which can't get it done, and even if Bosh and Wade play toether it really isn't enough.

We'll bring it all up in a few months...

Look at Nostradamus LTFG here. Good calls.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: - Page 7 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 12:28 pm

Lol, he was spot on.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: - Page 7 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 5:53 pm

Lucky call........, he also said the Lakers were on the decline weeks after winning the Championship? But age really wasn't a factor in there elimination, the Mavs are an older team themselves. And saying Fisher is old is like saying the Lakers play in purple and gold, nothing ground breaking. It was the same old Fish that went up against Westbrook, DWill, Nash and Rondo the year before. And Kidd isn't the type of PG that exploits Fisher's age.

Reality is something was going on internally and chemistry wise which we may never know about. Pau, Bynum and Phil all acknowledged something. A team just doesn' fall apart like that, they beat Dallas by 20+ 3 weeks prior. And a player doesn't go from thought of as top 15 in the World to a passive, overwhelmed shadow of himself like Pau did with out something else going on. There also could be a reason why no team in the modern era has went to 4 straight Finals.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: - Page 7 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 7:32 pm

I think its time to say the Mavs were just better. The Lakers lost and were swept dude so maybe it wasnt what was wrong with the Lakers as much as what was right with the Mavericks.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: - Page 7 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:37 am

timthebim wrote:
I think its time to say the Mavs were just better. The Lakers lost and were swept dude so maybe it wasnt what was wrong with the Lakers as much as what was right with the Mavericks.

Hard to look past a team that looked as off as they did in that series dude. Like I said 3 weeks prior they beat them by 20+, what changed? Why did Pau's game drop off so far out of nowhere? Lets not act like Dirk was some unsoppable force, the Lakers have owned him for years. Credit to the Mavs, but something was obviously up with the Lakers.
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: - Page 7 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 7:47 pm

LA wrote:
timthebim wrote:

Hard to look past a team that looked as off as they did in that series dude. Like I said 3 weeks prior they beat them by 20+, what changed? Why did Pau's game drop off so far out of nowhere? Lets not act like Dirk was some unsoppable force, the Lakers have owned him for years. Credit to the Mavs, but something was obviously up with the Lakers.

A Texas sized ass whooping. Thats what was up with the Lakers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Phil Jackson returning, last run:   Phil Jackson returning, last run: - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Phil Jackson returning, last run:
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7