Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Diego Sanchez returning to 155

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Diego Sanchez returning to 155 Empty
PostSubject: Diego Sanchez returning to 155   Diego Sanchez returning to 155 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 12:46 pm

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Diego Sanchez returning to 155   Diego Sanchez returning to 155 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 12:50 pm

Send his ass over to fight Gil. He isn't making any runs at any UFC title. He was lucky he was on the right end of the worst decision in MMA history. But in reality he has lost 4 out of his last 5 fights.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Diego Sanchez To Return To The Lightweight Division   Diego Sanchez returning to 155 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 1:30 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/8/6/3223351/ufc-diego-sanchez-return-lightweight

Diego "The Dream" Sanchez has gone through many ups and downs in his career, along with plenty of reinvention. He started his career in the UFC at middleweight, after defeating Kenny Florian to become The Ultimate Fighter Season 1 middleweight winner. He quickly made the transition to welterweight, winning five straight in the division, but in his next four fights, he ended up 2-2. After a win over Luigi Fiorivanti at the TUF 7 finale, Sanchez decided it was time to test himself at lightweight.

At lightweight, he established himself as an even more exciting fighter. He first defeated Joe Stevenson in his UFC debut, and then had an all out war and fight of the year with Clay Guida. After his amazing battle with Guida, the UFC gave him a title shot with BJ Penn. It didn't go well. Sanchez was outdone in every way in a vintage BJ Penn performance, eventually losing by TKO due to doctor stoppage in the fifth round. The loss demoralized him, and he went back to welterweight.

His return to welterweight didn't go too well for him either. His first bout since the move from lightweight was a loss to a fairly unknown John Hathaway, and he didn't look good in defeat. He later attributed this loss to a rough time in his life, where his goals were skewed and he wasn't focused. Since then, he has "reinvented" himself, and even changed his nickname from "The Nightmare" to "The Dream". He has gone 2-1 at welterweight since the Hathaway bout, his loss coming in his most recent fight with Jake Ellenberger.

Now, it appears his loss to Jake Ellenberger was his last fight at welterweight for a while, as he has announced a return to lightweight. Here's the tweet:

Joe Rogan @joerogan

@DiegoSanchezUFC Please, thank YOU, my brother! I look forward to all your fights! You're one entertaining dude! #1ofmyalltimefavorites

Diego Sanchez UFC @DiegoSanchezUFC

@joerogan there isn't anyone out there that understands Mma as a whole like you do! Thanks Joe, its back to 155 for me... Should be good!!

Diego's return to lightweight has been something some fans have been wanting for a while. A while back, even Dana White himself said that he wanted Diego back at lightweight. This is probably a good career move for him, as there wasn't much left for him near the top of the welterweight rankings. Now, he is a fresh new addition to the shark tank that is the lightweight division.

There are tons of bouts at lightweight that could make sense. It is important to note that Diego is coming off a loss, but the UFC has made exceptions to their rule of matching fighters coming off a win with others coming off a win and vice versa, especially in weight changes. A bout with Joe Lauzon could make sense, or maybe he can fight Jim Miller when he comes back. A rematch with Guida could also make sense, and could be another incredible fight. Sanchez' choice to return to lightweight was very good for him, and he has tons of options now. It will be interesting to see how he handles the new ranks in the division.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Diego Sanchez returning to 155   Diego Sanchez returning to 155 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 1:31 pm

merged.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Diego Sanchez returning to 155   Diego Sanchez returning to 155 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 1:32 pm

Didn't even see the original topic. My bad.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Diego Sanchez returning to 155   Diego Sanchez returning to 155 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 1:40 pm

freakzilla wrote:
Didn't even see the original topic. My bad.
Diego Sanchez returning to 155 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTd_llVhMcnwv9b35wYoZjOduvQhs4HWb7ybS13NiDdHLeT3ZmN
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Diego Sanchez returning to 155   Diego Sanchez returning to 155 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 1:51 pm

Lol
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Diego Sanchez returning to 155   Diego Sanchez returning to 155 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 1:59 pm

Diego Sanchez vs Jim Miller sounds good to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Diego Sanchez returning to 155   Diego Sanchez returning to 155 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 2:05 pm

I'd rather see Sanchez vs Cerrone.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Diego Sanchez returning to 155   Diego Sanchez returning to 155 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 8:12 pm

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/8/6/3224251/diego-sanchez-lightweight-return-nate-diaz-call-out-ufc
Quote :
"There are a lot of fighters in the 155-pound division that are very intriguing matchups that you could put in the cage with me. At this time, I just look at that division and there are just so many great fights, there's a lot of top guys and I am sure that my first fight back at that division that, if UFC's smart, they will capitalize on my entertainment and what I bring to the table, what I bring to the cage and that's the raw, exciting, relentless warrior mentality. So matched up with any of those guys, the guy that I want the most is Nate Diaz. If he is down to scrap, I know he is knocking at the door of the title shot. I have all respect for him in that area, but, if things don't work out, and with the timing, he is the one I would like to fight, because I love them Diaz boys. They are two of my favorite fighters out there. They come and they bring it and they scrap. And I love that, that is entertaining, that is fighting if you ask me. This running around and trying to win on points, I have always been against it. I think that it's boring and I think it brings down the sport. You look at this Fox show (UFC on Fox 4) that just played on Saturday, that was fighting. That is what the Ultimate Fighting Championship is all about."
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Diego Sanchez returning to 155   Diego Sanchez returning to 155 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 8:23 pm

i like it.

he was good in his last stint at LW. Just got whooped so bad by Prodigy that he decided to try WW again. If he's in the same physical shape at 155 as he was last time, he can get some good wins.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Diego Sanchez returning to 155   Diego Sanchez returning to 155 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 1:13 pm

I wonder if Diego could make Guida entertaining again in a rematch ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diego Sanchez returning to 155   Diego Sanchez returning to 155 Empty

Back to top Go down

Diego Sanchez returning to 155
Page 1 of 1