Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Nick Diaz vs BJ Penn Who ya got winning?

Go down 
+13
WinstonSmith
KingsOwn19
LTFG
GolbeZ
Ludo
GDPofDRC
OU
Bigs03
MMAEYES
SOKO
bobbitt15
LA
acccardinal12
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Nick Diaz vs BJ Penn Who ya got winning? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz vs BJ Penn Who ya got winning?   Nick Diaz vs BJ Penn Who ya got winning? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 6:07 pm

Arguing would be pointless. I have my opinion, you have yours.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz vs BJ Penn Who ya got winning?   Nick Diaz vs BJ Penn Who ya got winning? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 6:14 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
I don't like either of them but I think BJ would clownstomp this kid. Way to accurate/powerful a puncher to get eaten up by Nick's volume BS

BJ wouldn't be able to stun Diaz for a millisecond. Not even blur his vision for a blink of an eye.

I highly disagree with this. BJ has the power to hurt most WWs except maybe a few. Marius is barely big enough to be a WW and he dropped Diaz with some wild shots, a couple right on the button from BJ would rock Nicky Boy IMO
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz vs BJ Penn Who ya got winning?   Nick Diaz vs BJ Penn Who ya got winning? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 7:35 pm

well it seems my opinion wont count for much in this thread, but i'll give it anyway.

I really don't think either guy is gonna sub the other. They both have some of the best bjj in the sport. The boxing aspect would be interesting. Nick has a reach advantage and he uses it well. Bj has pretty good reach for a lw though. Nick is a good offensive boxer and when he hurts someone, he knows how to finish. The same can usually be said for BJ, although he clearly didn't look quite as sharp with his technique in the Edgar loss. The problem that i see with Diaz, and it's plagued him whenever he fights a good striker usually, he just doesn't have good defensive movement. He gets hit way to much. With Big shots. If it wasn't for the fact that he has one of the best chins in mma, he would probably have a couple ko losses. The fact that he is tough as nails and can take a punch really is what allows him to throw the amount of punches that he does. He overwhelms guys with a barrage of peppering jabs and hooks to the liver, most guys just cant keep up with that pace. As for Bj, im not really sure. I'd love to see this fight and yea, i would pick Diaz because im biased, but i can also say i wouldn't be surprised if Bj lit him up striking. I don't think Bj finishes him though.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz vs BJ Penn Who ya got winning?   Nick Diaz vs BJ Penn Who ya got winning? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 11:20 am

I'd have to go Penn, especially if it's a 165 catch weight, but the higher up in weight we go, the better chance I'd give to Diaz. What happens if we say it should be at 175?

But Penn is obviously the more talented boxer, and we saw Diaz struggle vs a good counter puncher in Noons.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz vs BJ Penn Who ya got winning?   Nick Diaz vs BJ Penn Who ya got winning? - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 6:32 pm

Looking for old Diaz threads and found this. Kind of funny reading the responses a year or so before it happened.
Back to top Go down
mannyfresh
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Royce

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz vs BJ Penn Who ya got winning?   Nick Diaz vs BJ Penn Who ya got winning? - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 9:54 pm

I know im just a few years late to the party but at the time I would have picked BJ.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz vs BJ Penn Who ya got winning?   Nick Diaz vs BJ Penn Who ya got winning? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nick Diaz vs BJ Penn Who ya got winning?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next