Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

BJ Penn Calls Nick Diaz A Coward And Poser On Twitter Today; Or Did He?

Go down 
+10
cheekynffc
MMAEYES
OU
acccardinal12
Ziggy116
throwdownfight1
Farmer1906
josh200612
KingsOwn19
GDPofDRC
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

BJ Penn Calls Nick Diaz A Coward And Poser On Twitter Today; Or Did He?  Empty
PostSubject: BJ Penn Calls Nick Diaz A Coward And Poser On Twitter Today; Or Did He?    BJ Penn Calls Nick Diaz A Coward And Poser On Twitter Today; Or Did He?  EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 8:26 pm

http://bjpenn.com/news/2012/01/05/ufc-news-%E2%80%93-bj-penn-calls-nick-diaz-a-coward-and-poser-on-twitter-today-or-did-he-11046.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

For the past several hours my phone has been going off the hook with text messages and my email inbox has been taken over.

Many people, fans and representatives of the media, all want to know whether or not BJ Penn did actually post a callout to Nick Diaz and attack Jon Fitch in the process this afternoon using his official twitter account.

I know the answer, but read on…

When I first caught wind of the twitter post, my first reaction was to obviously go read it myself, I was ready to debunk it as a hack or poorly informed staff member who may have gotten ahold of BJ’s twitter account. However upon reading it, I thought that, outside of the use of the word “homie” it pretty much sounded like BJ.

So I reached out to to him and simply asked if we are in the business of picking fights today. Needless to say, I was still somewhat skeptical on whether or not these were in fact BJ’s words or not.

But they are, BJ wrote it and he was fired up and not just an off-beat bad day type of fired up, it’s that old fire that we haven’t seen in a while and it appears to be back.

Without going into too much detail as to what may have caused these changes to his mentality, for BJ Penn fans, this is good news. A motivated, sometimes angry and often outspoken BJ Penn is the mentally tough killer that won two world titles, it is the man who captured the hearts of millions of fans worldwide and cemented his place amongst MMA’s all-time greats. And in my opinion its the thing that may have been missing in the past year or so, maybe longer.

They say fighting is 99% mental, and if that is true, and this recent twitter posting is a sign of things to come, the Prodigy of old may be returning and the MMA world should be put on notice because that’s a scary proposition for an fighter who may cross his path.

If you missed the twitter posting here it is:

http://yfrog.com/oc35195437j – @nickdiaz209 Look how much bigger you are in this pic..I thought you were gonna scrap from the beginning homie? What was that coward fence holding strategy to tire out the smaller man? Street fighter my ass! I made you fight like glass jaw @jonfitchdotnet poser!
I’ll be ready for that weak bs next time we fight!

And remember Penn Nation… Haters are gonna hate, fans are gonna praise, but no matter what when Penn talks, people listen!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn Calls Nick Diaz A Coward And Poser On Twitter Today; Or Did He?    BJ Penn Calls Nick Diaz A Coward And Poser On Twitter Today; Or Did He?  EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 8:31 pm

Motivated BJ Penn!

Shit just got real.

Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn Calls Nick Diaz A Coward And Poser On Twitter Today; Or Did He?    BJ Penn Calls Nick Diaz A Coward And Poser On Twitter Today; Or Did He?  EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 8:43 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn Calls Nick Diaz A Coward And Poser On Twitter Today; Or Did He?    BJ Penn Calls Nick Diaz A Coward And Poser On Twitter Today; Or Did He?  EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 8:53 pm

He lost so he should just shut the fuck up. This is MMA not street fighting.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn Calls Nick Diaz A Coward And Poser On Twitter Today; Or Did He?    BJ Penn Calls Nick Diaz A Coward And Poser On Twitter Today; Or Did He?  EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 8:55 pm

freakzilla wrote:
He lost so he should just shut the fuck up. This is MMA not street fighting.
BJ Penn Calls Nick Diaz A Coward And Poser On Twitter Today; Or Did He?  Thumbs_down_small
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn Calls Nick Diaz A Coward And Poser On Twitter Today; Or Did He?    BJ Penn Calls Nick Diaz A Coward And Poser On Twitter Today; Or Did He?  EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 9:01 pm

Haters need not apply.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn Calls Nick Diaz A Coward And Poser On Twitter Today; Or Did He?    BJ Penn Calls Nick Diaz A Coward And Poser On Twitter Today; Or Did He?  EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 10:11 pm

Wooooooooo! Let's get this shit going!
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn Calls Nick Diaz A Coward And Poser On Twitter Today; Or Did He?    BJ Penn Calls Nick Diaz A Coward And Poser On Twitter Today; Or Did He?  EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 10:46 pm

The new BJ or old BJ has been back or reborn or recharged a 10000000x.

Eventually you are what your record is.

BJ is 16-8. He has some great wins but ultimately a bad record versus the best.

Wins versus top tier fighters in their prime
-Hughes
-Gomi
-Uno

Loses versus top tier fighters in their prime
-GSP
-GSP
-Hughes
-Diaz
-Edgar
-Edgar
-Machida
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn Calls Nick Diaz A Coward And Poser On Twitter Today; Or Did He?    BJ Penn Calls Nick Diaz A Coward And Poser On Twitter Today; Or Did He?  EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 10:52 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:

-Hughes
-Gomi
-Uno

-GSP
-GSP
-Hughes
-Diaz
-Edgar
-Edgar
-Machida

-1 merit
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn Calls Nick Diaz A Coward And Poser On Twitter Today; Or Did He?    BJ Penn Calls Nick Diaz A Coward And Poser On Twitter Today; Or Did He?  EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 12:59 am

the way i see it is that he has 4 wins over top prime elite fighters and 4 loses to prime elite fighters in his competative weight classes during his prime. Lost to gsp(first fight should of been a drw),lost to hughes,lost to edgar(again first match should of been a drw) n finally diaz (in a fight im not too sure he was in full prime after almst being stopped by fitch in his previous match,yes thats right, had it been 5 rds fitch would of finishd someone). now as for wins,well uno,gomi n hughes. All finishs. Now imo sherk belongs there as well. Highly underated lw who based on who beats who had they fought i would of had him over a prime gomi n uno. Also the guy only lost to champ level guys. Most dislikec him back in his prime due to his style but one of the reasons he lookd bad in his last two losses was because he gave into fans and decided to stand n trade wit better strikers just to put on a show. N the end bj is the best lw of the past decade witout a doubt. Will frankie take over, who knows but for now regardless of what the record nums show. On a side note, i like how dana hates fitch yet up until a week ago still considered him the #2 best ww in the world n reminded us several times during ufc tonight(now before the hate train starts,lets be real,fitch wins that fight 8 out of 10 times)
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage, Fedor, Gangster brothers, Aldo

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn Calls Nick Diaz A Coward And Poser On Twitter Today; Or Did He?    BJ Penn Calls Nick Diaz A Coward And Poser On Twitter Today; Or Did He?  EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 1:10 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Motivated BJ Penn!

Shit just got real.

My thoughts exactly, how can you not love that???
Back to top Go down
https://apps.facebook.com/groupsplus/group.php?id=2139
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn Calls Nick Diaz A Coward And Poser On Twitter Today; Or Did He?    BJ Penn Calls Nick Diaz A Coward And Poser On Twitter Today; Or Did He?  EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 1:26 am

BJ Penn beat Nick Diaz down in the first round and then went on to lose in a longer match. Nick just trains better and has a better gameplan for longevity. Fresh guy vs fresh guy, BJ beats Diaz down any day of the week. He needs to trian hard or quit. I'm behind him either way and I like the tweet. I just cursed my dead father cause I got so hyped when I read it. WTF does that mean is the real question!?
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn Calls Nick Diaz A Coward And Poser On Twitter Today; Or Did He?    BJ Penn Calls Nick Diaz A Coward And Poser On Twitter Today; Or Did He?  EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 1:28 am

BJ gave Machida a crazy fight as a fatass. Think what Machida would have done to a 183lbs Nick Diaz that night? End of thread!
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn Calls Nick Diaz A Coward And Poser On Twitter Today; Or Did He?    BJ Penn Calls Nick Diaz A Coward And Poser On Twitter Today; Or Did He?  EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 1:29 am

I hope you caught the 183lbs also Diaz fans. He scurred!
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn Calls Nick Diaz A Coward And Poser On Twitter Today; Or Did He?    BJ Penn Calls Nick Diaz A Coward And Poser On Twitter Today; Or Did He?  EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 1:29 am

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
BJ gave Machida a crazy fight as a fatass. Think what Machida would have done to a 183lbs Nick Diaz that night? End of thread!

like you said...BJ was fat. Just imagine what he could have done to Machida while motivated and in shape!
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn Calls Nick Diaz A Coward And Poser On Twitter Today; Or Did He?    BJ Penn Calls Nick Diaz A Coward And Poser On Twitter Today; Or Did He?  EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 1:48 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:

like you said...BJ was fat. Just imagine what he could have done to Machida while motivated and in shape!

You better not be messing with me man! (tears up with joy and shame)
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn Calls Nick Diaz A Coward And Poser On Twitter Today; Or Did He?    BJ Penn Calls Nick Diaz A Coward And Poser On Twitter Today; Or Did He?  EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 9:24 am

Motivated BJ Penn needs to fight at LW. Running his mouth about Diaz, which I don't mind one bit, I love watching fired up BJ Penn fight, why not BJ Penn vs Nate Diaz? Nate has stepped his game up and deserves the high profile fight. A motivated BJ should outclass Nate, but Nate is tough enough to keep it entertaining. At this point considering where both fighters are in there careers, it makes sense to me.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn Calls Nick Diaz A Coward And Poser On Twitter Today; Or Did He?    BJ Penn Calls Nick Diaz A Coward And Poser On Twitter Today; Or Did He?  EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 10:32 am

BJ, BJ, BJ!!!

This is exactly how BJ should've been talking before thier fight, I really hope this means he's motivated enough to train the way he needs to train to whoop ass the way we ALL(even if your tring to deny it) know he can.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn Calls Nick Diaz A Coward And Poser On Twitter Today; Or Did He?    BJ Penn Calls Nick Diaz A Coward And Poser On Twitter Today; Or Did He?  EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 10:42 am

bj peaked with the sherk/florian fights.

i've seen nothing in 2-3 years to suggest a rematch with diaz ends any differently and neither have any of you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn Calls Nick Diaz A Coward And Poser On Twitter Today; Or Did He?    BJ Penn Calls Nick Diaz A Coward And Poser On Twitter Today; Or Did He?  EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 11:13 am

cheekynffc wrote:
bj peaked with the sherk/florian fights.

i've seen nothing in 2-3 years to suggest a rematch with diaz ends any differently and neither have any of you.

I agree.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn Calls Nick Diaz A Coward And Poser On Twitter Today; Or Did He?    BJ Penn Calls Nick Diaz A Coward And Poser On Twitter Today; Or Did He?  EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 11:57 am

A blog post regarding the tweet from the Team Gracie website was posted Thursday and began with "Say it ain't so BJ."

At some point it is up to those around you to protect you from yourself. To take you aside and let you know you are wrong and help save you from your folly. Unfortunately for Penn he is surrounded by “Yes Men” that are unwilling to do that. The outcome will be predictable, resulting in a fighter that will never push himself to the fullest and will always have excuses for his losses.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn Calls Nick Diaz A Coward And Poser On Twitter Today; Or Did He?    BJ Penn Calls Nick Diaz A Coward And Poser On Twitter Today; Or Did He?  EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 12:56 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

-Hughes
-Gomi
-Uno

-GSP
-GSP
-Hughes
-Diaz
-Edgar
-Edgar
-Machida

-1 merit

Its true.

Once BJ is motivated he's good or once he trains to get in better shape he'll be unstoppable. Guess what. He either isn't motivated and in shape 90% of the time or it isn't true.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn Calls Nick Diaz A Coward And Poser On Twitter Today; Or Did He?    BJ Penn Calls Nick Diaz A Coward And Poser On Twitter Today; Or Did He?  EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 1:05 pm

Yo Farmer, this board is covered with BJ fans and they are as crazy as he is.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn Calls Nick Diaz A Coward And Poser On Twitter Today; Or Did He?    BJ Penn Calls Nick Diaz A Coward And Poser On Twitter Today; Or Did He?  EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 1:16 pm

BJ Penn Calls Nick Diaz A Coward And Poser On Twitter Today; Or Did He?  Bj-penn-face-jacked-up_large
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn Calls Nick Diaz A Coward And Poser On Twitter Today; Or Did He?    BJ Penn Calls Nick Diaz A Coward And Poser On Twitter Today; Or Did He?  EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 2:07 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

-Hughes
-Gomi
-Uno

-GSP
-GSP
-Hughes
-Diaz
-Edgar
-Edgar
-Machida

-1 merit

Its true.

Once BJ is motivated he's good or once he trains to get in better shape he'll be unstoppable. Guess what. He either isn't motivated and in shape 90% of the time or it isn't true.
not making excuses at all but notice that only 2 of the losses are at his natural weight... yeah it's his fault for moving up to 170 but it still says something about the guy.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn Calls Nick Diaz A Coward And Poser On Twitter Today; Or Did He?    BJ Penn Calls Nick Diaz A Coward And Poser On Twitter Today; Or Did He?  Empty

Back to top Go down

BJ Penn Calls Nick Diaz A Coward And Poser On Twitter Today; Or Did He?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next