Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The ultimate movie discussion thread

Go down 
+11
Cu Bu
Ali
KingsOwn19
GDPofDRC
Ludo
josh200612
bobbitt15
Farmer1906
oggy420
killerofchicken
timthebim
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 13 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 3:19 pm

I have Inception on my DVR, will hopefully check it out this weekend.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 13 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 3:36 pm

You should, it is a pretty decent flick I thought.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 13 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 3:43 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
You should, it is a pretty decent flick I thought.

Yeah I haven't ran across anyone that thought it was anything less then decent. Seems like a movie I will dig. Might even throw on the turtle beaches and really get into it.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 13 EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 12:44 pm

anyone ever seen the documentary "Searching For Sugar Man"?

I was blown away. Rodriguez is amazing I can't believe I've never heard of him until I saw this film.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 13 EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 9:04 pm

Machine gun preacher was a good watch.

The hunger games was stupid imo. I have no idea what the hype was about

Red 2 was okay and worth the time to watch.

2 guns was a 2.5 outta 5
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 1:06 am

Watched The Conjuring.

Much like Insidious it is a very well done horror movie but the ending was kinda weak. It did better than Insidious in the sense that it didnt jump the shark in the second half but the ending just seemed too easy.

A lot of horror movies today are having this problem. Sinister, Insidious, and The Conjuring. Awesome horror movies with great acting and direction that can't finish strong.

I guess in the case of The Conjuring it's an actual "account" from the Warren's so i guess they had to go by what they said.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 1:15 am

Interesting because Wan has always traditionally had awesome endings to his flicks. I haven't gotten around to watching it yet even though I've rented it from the library like 3 times now
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 4:19 pm

Awesome

Saw the Internship.  Not good.  Very Sandler-esque as in Vince gets on the phone to his buddies and says in one million words, hey guys lets make a movie and have some fun with a bunch of scenes at the titty bar, we'll use recycled plot elements from our old movies down to a tee and even put new names on old characters.  Yeah...

Also saw Elysium.  Much better the Internship.  I thought it was kinda good, though there is something about it that was lacking.  I thought it was going to be more, then once I watched it, I thought it could of been much more.  Oh well, not a terrible sifi movie.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 13 EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 6:17 pm

Recently saw the butler thought it was pretty good but a little ridiculous how his son was like the Forrest Gump of the civil rights movement (literally in every event you've ever heard of)
But it was a good movie and entertaining while telling the story of the civil rights movement through the view of the butler of the White House.
Every person who played a president did a terrific job in the film. Striebler and john cusack really did a great job as lbj and Nixon and really liked how lee butler gave each administration it's own aura.
8/10 good movie a little surprised tk missed out on the oscars
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 13 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 11:18 am

They aren't movies, but I'm liking Netflix original programming lately. Marco Polo was decent, I'm liking Daredevil so far. Still a fan of House of Cards and Orange is the new black.
Back to top Go down
Hitman
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 13 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 10:10 pm

The Flash, Kingdom and Vikings are all amazing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

The ultimate movie discussion thread
Page 13 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13