[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

The ultimate movie discussion thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:04 pm

Man of Steel: I didn't dig it at all. Two hours of build up for a two and a half hour movie. The pace was very slow and the story never seemed to really jive all the way. I expected more out of Russell Crowe seeing as he wasn't 70lbs over weight still after the man with the iron fists. Not even a half hour of major revelations and action was able to save this one for Me. 2.5 out of 5.

Bullet to the Head: Stallone being on the juice is about the only thing you really notice throughout the movie. Though even with that going on he's in phenomenal shape for a 67 year old even if his face looks like a horse kicked it with spiked shoes a few times. Decent story, though placid enough that you never really forget what it is your watching. It doesn't pretend to be something it's not. The "bourbon" kind of annoyed Me what it it foaming like piss at the top of the bottle every time they showed it in a scene. That much was just lazy. 3 out of 5.

The Cloth: Unbearably bad. No real storyline, no good acting, and a special effects budget of about $10. This movie makes SyFy made for tv movies look like genuine blockbusters all around. Couldn't finish it to the end, and to be honest I'm glad I didn't try. 1 out of 5.

Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:30 pm

The reviews for Grown Ups 2 have been solid.  No surprise, the demand for this movie after Grown Ups 1 was astronomical.

Uh, Are u fucking serious with this post bro?

WAR WAR WAR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:41 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
The reviews for Grown Ups 2 have been solid.  No surprise, the demand for this movie after Grown Ups 1 was astronomical.

He's just making it for fun and he still banks off of it. Crazy.

Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:47 am

EWWWWWWW

Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:27 pm

hmm The Wolverine is getting better reviews then I thought it would so far.

WAR WAR WAR
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:29 pm

Isn't Selma and here twins in Grown Ups 2? Worth the watch.

Silver Belt
Silver Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:53 pm

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_conjuring/

Yep.

Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:24 pm

Dude that lady is in every, "I'll be your mama" horror movie there is..... except for Mama.

But I do want to check that out.

WAR WAR WAR
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:23 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Dude that lady is in every, "I'll be your mama" horror movie there is..... except for Mama.

But I do want to check that out.

Yep she was in The Haunting. I'll be seeing this tomorrow.

Silver Belt
Silver Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:30 pm

So The Conjuring is pretty fucking awesome. Hype well deserved.

Silver Belt
Silver Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:02 pm

Only God Forgives is Ondemand! YESSSSSSSSSS!

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:56 pm

josh200612 wrote:
Only God Forgives is Ondemand! YESSSSSSSSSS!

Will be watching this tonight!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:40 am

Interesting movie. I liked it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:40 am

http://www.vodu.ch/file/080363f06a6cc8ba0e9872d706fccb71/?play_hash=4866e701c44287866d5842648516ab28&confirm=Continue+to+Play+Movie#
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:07 pm

It was alright I thought it could of been better. The visuals were great though.

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:12 pm

Very graphic. His mother is one bitch!
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:01 pm

Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox was better then I thought it would be, and a lot more violent.  X-Men is comically the king of alternate dimensions, parallel planes and time travel, but DC stuff lately has been doing it pretty cool.  This premise is, change one thing about the past and a the butterfly effect is unyielding.  You end up with things like a different man emerging as the dark night, Kal-El crashing and destroying Metropolis as a child instead of in the plains of Kansas, things like that.  It was still a little campy in the midst of arms being hacked off and bullet holes in superheros heads, but it ended up being kinda interesting for a comic book animation.  7.7/10

WAR WAR WAR
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:13 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox was better then I thought it would be, and a lot more violent.  X-Men is comically the king of alternate dimensions, parallel planes and time travel, but DC stuff lately has been doing it pretty cool.  This premise is, change one thing about the past and a the butterfly effect is unyielding.  You end up with things like a different man emerging as the dark night, Kal-El crashing and destroying Metropolis as a child instead of in the plains of Kansas, things like that.  It was still a little campy in the midst of arms being hacked off and bullet holes in superheros heads, but it ended up being kinda interesting for a comic book animation.  7.7/10

I just watched it because of your review and I thought it was excellent.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:09 pm

Grown Ups 2 was terrible. Terrible. How the fuck are these movies even being made? 1/10. I didn't pay and I want my money back.

that Selma Hayak is something else.

The Demented was just to basic, low budget and unimaginative, nothing remarkable about the movie at all.  That said it could of been 100 times worse then it actually was.  5/10.

That Brittney Alger is something else though.

WAR WAR WAR
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:39 pm

just seen Hunger Games last night... loved it.

Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:51 pm

saw the trailer for Jobs..seriously thought it was a spoof movie until it became clear they were serious. You can already tell Kutcher botched the role.

Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:49 pm

This is the End was decent, not great. Had a couple of handfuls of good big laughs. But like Vaughn/Wilson movies, the recipe is aging.

Watched the first half of The Wolverine last night. Not bad so far.

WAR WAR WAR
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:14 pm

Just watched Machine gun preacher

really good IMO

GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:36 pm

Have you seen Iron Man 3 yet?

don't worry I got you covered, better then the real thing!

WAR WAR WAR
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:43 pm

Finished watching the Wolverine last night.  Not bad.  In terms of the last one or the X-Men movies, it's good.  Decent setup for Days of Future Past at the end.  6.7/10

WAR WAR WAR
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   

Back to top Go down

The ultimate movie discussion thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 12 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next