[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

The ultimate movie discussion thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:46 pm

Watched 21 Jump Street earlier. I wasnt expecting much and hadnt heard much buzz for it. I saw the TV critique gave it 4 stars so i decided what the hell.

Must say, i enjoyed the hell out of it. Fuckin hilarious. Hill and Tatum had amazing chemistry. Was surprised how awesome Channing Tatum was in it. Wouldnt give it 4 stars, but it's pretty fuckin good. I also marked out to the surprise(to me) at the end of the movie,

gonna watch Sinister later tonight.

Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:07 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:18 pm

Margin Call - 4/5

Jeff Who Lives At Home - 3/5
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:42 pm

The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn - 4/5
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:44 am

Identity Thief: Going in I expected it to be one of those movies where all the good parts were in the trailer but it's just not the case here. There's some great laughs with some will ferrel style comedy thrown in every now and then. Stuff that makes you say to yourself "I can't believe they actually went there". 3.5 out of 5.

Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:54 am

Ludo wrote:
Identity Thief: Going in I expected it to be one of those movies where all the good parts were in the trailer but it's just not the case here. There's some great laughs with some will ferrel style comedy thrown in every now and then. Stuff that makes you say to yourself "I can't believe they actually went there". 3.5 out of 5.
I thought that movie looked pretty good. Definitely looks like it's worth a watch while stoned.

Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:54 am

Doctors of Death: A documentary about the biological weapons in the 21st century. Touching on things like Unit 731 and German concentration camp doctors who's atrocities on POW's and captives not only had some of the worst intentions but collected some of the most vital data on medicine to date. The effects of the atom bomb and LSD were also detailed to some extent. Very informative. 4 out of 5 if you're into that kind of thing.

Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:47 am

Just seen the ultimate Spider-Man flick, really enjoyed it. Emma stone is just so gosh darn cute and keksy

Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:48 am

killerofchicken wrote:
Just seen the ultimate Spider-Man flick, really enjoyed it. Emma stone is just so gosh darn cute and keksy

That cute little button nose and those big dreamy eyes I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:40 am

Emma Stone is so overrated.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:47 pm

freakzilla wrote:

What did I tell you about posting in here? Shoo!

Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:52 pm

Ludo wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:32 pm

Watched Sinister this morning.

I liked the movie. Pretty spooky for the most part though i was kind of disappointed with the direction it took after the first 70-80 minutes.

Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:28 am

Ali* wrote:
Ludo wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

lol!

haha

Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:39 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Watched Sinister this morning.

I liked the movie. Pretty spooky for the most part though i was kind of disappointed with the direction it took after the first 70-80 minutes.

It almost seemed like they got to a certain point and then didn't know how to proceed, and the ending felt a little rushed. The culmination wasn't bad, but I would have liked a little more detail on the daughter before the coup de grace.

Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:38 am

Savages - Not a bad movie by any means but just another example of how Oliver Stone has lost his edge Sad 3/5
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:48 pm

Quote :
Emma Watson ✔️ @EmWatson

Who here actually thinks I would do 50 Shades of Grey as a movie? Like really. For real. In real life.

praying
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:52 pm

freakzilla wrote:

I disagree, I think she is only a little overrated.

Uh, Are u fucking serious with this post bro?

WAR WAR WAR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:08 pm

emma has a different look, not a plastic supermodel look, but the girl next door you've always wanted to fuck look
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:26 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:11 am

Rust and Bone - It's a French movie so most of you probably won't see it but it does feature some fighting with little bits of MMA thrown in. I can't believe they snubbed Marion Cotillard's performance in this as it was well worthy of an Oscar nomination.4/5

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2053425/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Beasts Of The Southern Wild Very peculiar but interesting at the same time, it felt very stuffy and stilted like it was adapted from a play. Definitely not worthy of all the plaudits the critics and award ceremonies threw at it, I mean best actress, director and film nominations were extremely unwarranted and felt like to me the Oscars were trying to be hip and cool by including an indie move. 3.5/5

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2125435/?ref_=sr_1

Last edited by Ali* on Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:29 am

The Hobbit and Zero Dark 30 got delivered yesterday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:35 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
The Hobbit and Zero Dark 30 got delivered yesterday.

Lucky. We don't get The Hobbit till April 8th Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:32 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:38 pm

Finally watched Warrior. I really liked it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   

Back to top Go down

The ultimate movie discussion thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next