Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The ultimate movie discussion thread

Go down 
+11
Cu Bu
Ali
KingsOwn19
GDPofDRC
Ludo
josh200612
bobbitt15
Farmer1906
oggy420
killerofchicken
timthebim
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

The ultimate movie discussion thread Empty
PostSubject: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 10:47 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Ali* wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:
movies with juvenile humor are still higher brow than movies with no humor, no plot, no decent dialogue, and no character development like your action movies.

Your Highness wishes it could have been as funny as The Avangers was.

How do you know?...you only watched the first 30 minutes...and having seen the movie in it's entirety, that means you missed the funniest parts.

Avengers was a shameful money grab.

I watched enough to know that I didn't want to waste the next 60 minutes of my life watching a garbage stoner comedy. Such a shame they managed to drag the great Charles Dance into to that pile of manure.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 10:52 pm

Damn this thread is long so I don't know if any1 mentioned it but I took my kids to see wreck it Ralph today and I thought it was awesome.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 10:53 pm

thats sounds very closed minded, but typical for a popcorn junkie who is only entertained by explosions, stupid costumes, and cheap one liners.

Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 11:00 pm

timthebim wrote:
Damn this thread is long so I don't know if any1 mentioned it but I took my kids to see wreck it Ralph today and I thought it was awesome.

Alot of people have been saying great things about Wreck It Ralph I am looking forward for when it comes to Blu Ray.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 11:01 pm

I really liked it.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 11:02 pm

Ali* wrote:
timthebim wrote:

Alot of people have been saying great things about Wreck It Ralph I am looking forward for when it comes to Blu Ray.

Not enough car chases, loud bass, and last second escapes from exploding buildings for you to go see it on the big screen?
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 11:03 pm

Not sure what u mean kings but u must be talking to Ali.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 11:05 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Ali* wrote:
timthebim wrote:

Not enough car chases, loud bass, and last second escapes from exploding buildings for you to go see it on the big screen?

Yeah because it's a great idea for a 23 year old male to go to the theater to see a kids animation movie, I'll just txt my mates and see if they'll want to see it tomorrow night I am sure they'll be excited.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 11:07 pm

Yeah I took the kids today.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 11:07 pm

Ali* wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:
Ali* wrote:
timthebim wrote:

Yeah because it's a great idea for a 23 year old male to go to the theater to see a kids animation movie, I'll just txt my mates and see if they'll want to see it tomorrow night I am sure they'll be excited.

you didnt go see Toy Story on the big screen?
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 11:08 pm

What's up with the ball busting kings lol?
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 11:08 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Ali* wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:
Ali* wrote:
timthebim wrote:

Yeah when I was like six years old lol.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 11:10 pm

Ali* wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:
Ali* wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:
Ali* wrote:
timthebim wrote:

fuck u nigga you know i meant toy story 3
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 11:12 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Ali* wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:
Ali* wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:
Ali* wrote:
timthebim wrote:

fuck u nigga you know i meant toy story 3

Nah I rented that on Blu Ray.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 11:16 pm

I see...so you and your so called mates won't be caught dead at the theaters for an animation movie, just like it appears you won't be caught dead attending a good movie.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 11:18 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
I see...so you and your so called mates won't be caught dead at the theaters for an animation movie, just like it appears you won't be caught dead attending a good movie.

Yeah I know me and my mates really wasted our time attending screenings of Zero Dark Thirty, Argo, and Django:Unchained, what the hell were we thinking ?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 11:24 pm

Ali* wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:

Yeah I know me and my mates really wasted our time attending screenings of Zero Dark Thirty, Argo, and Django:Unchained, what the hell were we thinking ?

I can see you attending Zero Dark Thirty with the expectation of mucho explosions and the regular stuff you would get in an Ali type of movie. I also think you attended Django for similar reasons. Maybe you attended Argo because you thought it gave you arthouse cred or something. Popcorn fiends tend to think any non-action movie is avant-garde.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 11:37 pm

Speaking of Avant-Garde I saw Near Dark for the first time yesterday and I enjoyed it. Although the whole cure scene was just ludicrous. Lost Boys is still my favorite 80's Vampire movie though.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 11:44 pm

Holy shit I've heard David O. Russell was meant to be difficult but jesus he's a screw loose.

Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 6:08 pm

Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 7:47 pm

Sam Mendes has turned down the chance to return for Bond 24.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=36712

I hope they ask Christopher Nolan next.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 8:49 pm

Ali* wrote:

Looks pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 1:13 am

Looks like we're going to get Horrible Bosses 2.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=101312

As much as I enjoyed the first one we really don't need a sequel.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 1:21 am

The first one was so so. Too high expectations. Most of the good jokes were in the trailer.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 3:11 am

Where would the sequel even begin from? As I recall they pretty much tied up the loose ends, the only one who really didn't get 100% sewn up was Anniston.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The ultimate movie discussion thread
Page 1 of 13Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next