Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The ultimate movie discussion thread

Go down 
+11
Cu Bu
Ali
KingsOwn19
GDPofDRC
Ludo
josh200612
bobbitt15
Farmer1906
oggy420
killerofchicken
timthebim
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 12 EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 4:02 pm

Only God Forgives is Ondemand! YESSSSSSSSSS!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 12 EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 11:56 pm

josh200612 wrote:
Only God Forgives is Ondemand! YESSSSSSSSSS!

Will be watching this tonight!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 12 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 10:40 am

Interesting movie. I liked it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 12 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 10:40 am

Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 12 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 12:07 pm

It was alright I thought it could of been better. The visuals were great though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 12 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 12:12 pm

Very graphic. His mother is one bitch!
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 12 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 1:01 pm

Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox was better then I thought it would be, and a lot more violent.  X-Men is comically the king of alternate dimensions, parallel planes and time travel, but DC stuff lately has been doing it pretty cool.  This premise is, change one thing about the past and a the butterfly effect is unyielding.  You end up with things like a different man emerging as the dark night, Kal-El crashing and destroying Metropolis as a child instead of in the plains of Kansas, things like that.  It was still a little campy in the midst of arms being hacked off and bullet holes in superheros heads, but it ended up being kinda interesting for a comic book animation.  7.7/10
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 12 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 3:13 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox was better then I thought it would be, and a lot more violent.  X-Men is comically the king of alternate dimensions, parallel planes and time travel, but DC stuff lately has been doing it pretty cool.  This premise is, change one thing about the past and a the butterfly effect is unyielding.  You end up with things like a different man emerging as the dark night, Kal-El crashing and destroying Metropolis as a child instead of in the plains of Kansas, things like that.  It was still a little campy in the midst of arms being hacked off and bullet holes in superheros heads, but it ended up being kinda interesting for a comic book animation.  7.7/10

I just watched it because of your review and I thought it was excellent.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 12 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 12:09 pm

Grown Ups 2 was terrible. Terrible. How the fuck are these movies even being made? 1/10. I didn't pay and I want my money back.

that Selma Hayak is something else.

The Demented was just to basic, low budget and unimaginative, nothing remarkable about the movie at all.  That said it could of been 100 times worse then it actually was.  5/10.

That Brittney Alger is something else though.

The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 12 BA3-EdwardLeger

Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 12 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 7:39 pm

just seen Hunger Games last night... loved it.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 12 EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 12:51 pm

saw the trailer for Jobs..seriously thought it was a spoof movie until it became clear they were serious. You can already tell Kutcher botched the role.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 12 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 4:49 pm

This is the End was decent, not great. Had a couple of handfuls of good big laughs. But like Vaughn/Wilson movies, the recipe is aging.

Watched the first half of The Wolverine last night. Not bad so far.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 12 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 5:14 pm

Just watched Machine gun preacher

really good IMO
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 12 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 3:36 pm

Have you seen Iron Man 3 yet?

don't worry I got you covered, better then the real thing!

Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 12 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 2:43 pm

Finished watching the Wolverine last night.  Not bad.  In terms of the last one or the X-Men movies, it's good.  Decent setup for Days of Future Past at the end.  6.7/10
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 12 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 3:19 pm

I have Inception on my DVR, will hopefully check it out this weekend.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 12 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 3:36 pm

You should, it is a pretty decent flick I thought.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 12 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 3:43 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
You should, it is a pretty decent flick I thought.

Yeah I haven't ran across anyone that thought it was anything less then decent. Seems like a movie I will dig. Might even throw on the turtle beaches and really get into it.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 12 EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 12:44 pm

anyone ever seen the documentary "Searching For Sugar Man"?

I was blown away. Rodriguez is amazing I can't believe I've never heard of him until I saw this film.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 12 EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 9:04 pm

Machine gun preacher was a good watch.

The hunger games was stupid imo. I have no idea what the hype was about

Red 2 was okay and worth the time to watch.

2 guns was a 2.5 outta 5
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 12 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 1:06 am

Watched The Conjuring.

Much like Insidious it is a very well done horror movie but the ending was kinda weak. It did better than Insidious in the sense that it didnt jump the shark in the second half but the ending just seemed too easy.

A lot of horror movies today are having this problem. Sinister, Insidious, and The Conjuring. Awesome horror movies with great acting and direction that can't finish strong.

I guess in the case of The Conjuring it's an actual "account" from the Warren's so i guess they had to go by what they said.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 12 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 1:15 am

Interesting because Wan has always traditionally had awesome endings to his flicks. I haven't gotten around to watching it yet even though I've rented it from the library like 3 times now
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 12 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 4:19 pm

Awesome

Saw the Internship.  Not good.  Very Sandler-esque as in Vince gets on the phone to his buddies and says in one million words, hey guys lets make a movie and have some fun with a bunch of scenes at the titty bar, we'll use recycled plot elements from our old movies down to a tee and even put new names on old characters.  Yeah...

Also saw Elysium.  Much better the Internship.  I thought it was kinda good, though there is something about it that was lacking.  I thought it was going to be more, then once I watched it, I thought it could of been much more.  Oh well, not a terrible sifi movie.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 12 EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 6:17 pm

Recently saw the butler thought it was pretty good but a little ridiculous how his son was like the Forrest Gump of the civil rights movement (literally in every event you've ever heard of)
But it was a good movie and entertaining while telling the story of the civil rights movement through the view of the butler of the White House.
Every person who played a president did a terrific job in the film. Striebler and john cusack really did a great job as lbj and Nixon and really liked how lee butler gave each administration it's own aura.
8/10 good movie a little surprised tk missed out on the oscars
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 12 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 11:18 am

They aren't movies, but I'm liking Netflix original programming lately. Marco Polo was decent, I'm liking Daredevil so far. Still a fan of House of Cards and Orange is the new black.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

The ultimate movie discussion thread
Page 12 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next