Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fantasy Baseball 2013

Go down 
+2
bobbitt15
TheHoff
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

Fantasy Baseball 2013 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball 2013   Fantasy Baseball 2013 - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 8:09 pm

Average maybe iffy. I don't think your outfield will hit for a high average and teixeira won't either. Steals u should do pretty good. Also I would say runs. Power is definitely a weak spot for u also. You will have to try to make some good moves to help your offense. Pitching will carry u.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball 2013   Fantasy Baseball 2013 - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 8:12 pm

yea my of is terrible lol

every time i was sitting on a power hitter someone would draft them before me

plus im not too familiar with the young guns, i've become a much more casual fan
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball 2013   Fantasy Baseball 2013 - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 8:15 pm

I think Escobar will have a very good year and this is probably it for Cameron maybin. He needs to have a good year or could find him self out of a job. Dunn has legit 40 homer power but will probably hit .220.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball 2013   Fantasy Baseball 2013 - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 8:22 pm

should i drop maybin for Ludwick?
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball 2013   Fantasy Baseball 2013 - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 8:24 pm

Depends what u need more of. Maybin will get u more steals and possibly more runs but ludwick will hit for a slightly better average but better power numbers.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball 2013   Fantasy Baseball 2013 - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 12:29 pm

Fantasy League Message Board wrote:
5 more days till the Keeper lock date that I set.. after that you will have to go through me to edit or select your keepers..

Please select your keepers soon .. so people can prepare for the draft properly.

if you could also pass this info along to your bro bobbitt
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball 2013   Fantasy Baseball 2013 - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 12:37 pm

GolbeZ wrote:
5 more days till the Keeper lock date that I set.. after that you will have to go through me to edit or select your keepers..

Please select your keepers soon .. so people can prepare for the draft properly.

So what if you wanted 4 keepers instead of 5? Would that allow you to get an extra draft pick? Just curious.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball 2013   Fantasy Baseball 2013 - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 3:20 pm

GolbeZ wrote:

He knows, deciding between 2 guys for his last keeper hopefully he picks soon
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball 2013   Fantasy Baseball 2013 - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 3:25 pm

OU wrote:
GolbeZ wrote:

So what if you wanted 4 keepers instead of 5? Would that allow you to get an extra draft pick? Just curious.
You can't keep 5 .. 4 is the max you can keep in our league .. But to answer your question .. I really don't like having people keep less than the allotted amount unless its their 1st year in the league .. Because they truly had nothing to do with the team they took over .. I'm at work right now I will respond better later
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball 2013   Fantasy Baseball 2013 - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 3:28 pm

GolbeZ wrote:
OU wrote:
GolbeZ wrote:

You can't keep 5 .. 4 is the max you can keep in our league .. But to answer your question .. I really don't like having people keep less than the allotted amount unless its their 1st year in the league .. Because they truly had nothing to do with the team they took over .. I'm at work right now I will respond better later

I was just curious to how that would work. I didn't know if someone thought there were better players out there then what they had if they could keep less keepers and get to pick from someone available. I figured it wouldn't work like that but I thought I'd ask.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball 2013   Fantasy Baseball 2013 - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 10:41 pm

Damn getting down to crunch time and I still haven't picked my keepers!
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball 2013   Fantasy Baseball 2013 - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 11:46 pm

GolbeZ wrote:
OU wrote:
GolbeZ wrote:

Alright so this is how i see it.

Yes if you keep less than 4 keepers than you will get a supplemental pick before the draft starts. But to me it takes away from the point of having a keeper league. I feel like if someone wants another keeper than they should have to try and trade for it or draft it in the draft.. plus it takes away from the person who gets 1st pick in the draft.. who will always be the team with the worse record from the year before..

but like I said if its a new owner and I agree there isn't 4 good keepers than I understand because they actually had nothing to do with the team they had..

but this isn't a dictatorship, thats just my opinion on the matter if everyone is okay with it than its all the same .. but either way I would think that that decision should be made by march 23rd as well
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball 2013   Fantasy Baseball 2013 - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 9:05 am

Well I think I could have benefited from that last season, I don't think my keepers stacked up to the rest. However this time I think I have some legit keepers. I was just curious if it worked that way or not.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball 2013   Fantasy Baseball 2013 - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 1:27 pm

OU wrote:
Well I think I could have benefited from that last season, I don't think my keepers stacked up to the rest. However this time I think I have some legit keepers. I was just curious if it worked that way or not.

well to be honest I would prefer it to never happen.. but in a money/keeper league its sometimes hard to replace an owner if somebody feels like they could possibly be just giving money away .. that goes for all sports.. that hasn't had to happen here

and yes thats true.. you did take over the team who had the worse record from the previous year and you turned that team around into a team that should have made the playoffs IMO.. but you did have the first pick and was able to draft Longo .. who in a 4 player keeper league was ranked #13 or something and shouldnt have been on the board ..

Imagine if the 9th pick (got second won $150) decided he'd rather have Longo than Elvis Andrus so he only kept 3.. Now of course all you would have to do is keep 3 yourself and you would get a higher supplemental pick than him but than he would still snag a player that would have been on your team.. or the person with the 2nd pick.. domino effect

and on the other side .. I have been trying to swing a deal with some of my players before the draft.. and with this; Tim or anyone else could be like no im not gonna trade with you.. i will just keep 3 and get him for free .. you start having 8 supplemental picks every year while the team that didnt need to watches his team and players he might have wanted get poached up 18 picks before he can draft

I dunno it just takes away the whole aspect of building your team IMO
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball 2013   Fantasy Baseball 2013 - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 1:43 pm

Yeah I get the whole domino effect and taking away from being a keeper league. I wasn't really giving it serious consideration I was more just curious to how that would work. It was my own fault I missed the playoffs I forgot my team for a portion of the season and didn't kick it into gear until too late.
This season I have legit keepers so it's not an issue. Last season though the keepers for my team were pretty weak IMO. But you are right about Longo being a steal for me.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball 2013   Fantasy Baseball 2013 - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 2:01 pm

OU wrote:
Yeah I get the whole domino effect and taking away from being a keeper league. I wasn't really giving it serious consideration I was more just curious to how that would work. It was my own fault I missed the playoffs I forgot my team for a portion of the season and didn't kick it into gear until too late.
This season I have legit keepers so it's not an issue. Last season though the keepers for my team were pretty weak IMO. But you are right about Longo being a steal for me.

I know you were just asking.. didnt mean to sound like I was upset or anything by it .. just wanted to tell everyone how I see that issue.. like I said its not a dictatorship

but im stoked.. its getting close
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball 2013   Fantasy Baseball 2013 - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 6:21 pm

Damn this was along discussion!
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball 2013   Fantasy Baseball 2013 - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 6:05 pm

Ou and bobbitt .. The lock for keepers is tomorrow at noon CST.. I can still edit them after that but id like them in
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball 2013   Fantasy Baseball 2013 - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 6:22 pm

Ou .. You never set your keepers .. I just picked 4 for the time being you need to get with me ASAP if that's not who you are wanting to keep
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball 2013   Fantasy Baseball 2013 - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 9:08 am

GolbeZ wrote:
Ou .. You never set your keepers .. I just picked 4 for the time being you need to get with me ASAP if that's not who you are wanting to keep

I logged in about 25 minutes before the deadline. I saw 4 keepers were set but I thought I might have done that at the end season and forgot about it. I looked it over, thought about switching off Adam Jones but I ended up keeping it as it was and saving it. I didn't know you picked the guys so I thought I was all good.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball 2013   Fantasy Baseball 2013 - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 12:32 pm

i know there was a lack of interest but i created a free league on espn.

Would like to get at least a couple of ninjas place people and then i'll fill the rest with public users.

OU, Tim, Golb, any interest? I know you guys already have a league so i don't expect you to be super active or anything
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball 2013   Fantasy Baseball 2013 - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 12:37 pm

oggy420 wrote:
i know there was a lack of interest but i created a free league on espn.

Would like to get at least a couple of ninjas place people and then i'll fill the rest with public users.

OU, Tim, Golb, any interest? I know you guys already have a league so i don't expect you to be super active or anything

I'll play.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball 2013   Fantasy Baseball 2013 - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 12:39 pm

cool just need your email i'll send you an invite
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball 2013   Fantasy Baseball 2013 - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 12:43 pm

oggy420 wrote:
cool just need your email i'll send you an invite
b00mers00ner@hotmail.com
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball 2013   Fantasy Baseball 2013 - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 12:44 pm

OU wrote:
GolbeZ wrote:

I logged in about 25 minutes before the deadline. I saw 4 keepers were set but I thought I might have done that at the end season and forgot about it. I looked it over, thought about switching off Adam Jones but I ended up keeping it as it was and saving it. I didn't know you picked the guys so I thought I was all good.

So you are going to roll with those guys? Let me know if not
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball 2013   Fantasy Baseball 2013 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Baseball 2013
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next