Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fantasy Baseball 2013

Go down 
+2
bobbitt15
TheHoff
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Fantasy Baseball 2013 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball 2013   Fantasy Baseball 2013 - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 3:37 pm

GolbeZ wrote:
OU wrote:
Up to #2 on the Roto! I wish I could re-draft, would have done some things differently. But I'm glad I got the draft experience so I will have a better idea next time.

wanna see my craziness?

https://2img.net/h/i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv281/m83slowly/photo1_zps7970961a.jpg

who I was gunning for in each pick of each round .. if I circled that means I got'em.. as you can see I got more than I thought with getting both players I was shooting for in that 1 pick.. players kept falling to me in the next round

Yeah I didn't have any specific player in mind. I figured I would just feel it out and draft the best rated player at whatever position seemed to be going. I would check out the top 3 or so for a position and then pick which one I thought would do better. A couple times I got caught way off guard when my turn came up and I just picked the top guy at a position I needed. Smoking between picks didn't help lol
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball 2013   Fantasy Baseball 2013 - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 3:45 pm

OU wrote:
GolbeZ wrote:
OU wrote:
Up to #2 on the Roto! I wish I could re-draft, would have done some things differently. But I'm glad I got the draft experience so I will have a better idea next time.

wanna see my craziness?

https://2img.net/h/i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv281/m83slowly/photo1_zps7970961a.jpg

who I was gunning for in each pick of each round .. if I circled that means I got'em.. as you can see I got more than I thought with getting both players I was shooting for in that 1 pick.. players kept falling to me in the next round

Yeah I didn't have any specific player in mind. I figured I would just feel it out and draft the best rated player at whatever position seemed to be going. I would check out the top 3 or so for a position and then pick which one I thought would do better. A couple times I got caught way off guard when my turn came up and I just picked the top guy at a position I needed. Smoking between picks didn't help lol

yeah well trust me it never ends up like that .. usually after the 1st round I am already having to change everything up because the players I was gunning for are gone..

I hope my team keeps it up

Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball 2013   Fantasy Baseball 2013 - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 6:12 pm

nice pickup on Montero OU.. I was gonna pick him up on FA if he cleared Waivers.. didnt really need him so I didn't want to drop to the bottom of the Waiver Order..

I will say though .. this league is very drop happy.. its mostly Makin Stinkees (he dropped Montero) .. he dropped me Ryan Zimmerman last year.. though in his defense, he was playing like shit before I picked him up, right when I picked him up was when he got his first cortisone shot but still..

anyway.. main reason I am real Waiver Order concise .. gonna wait for him to drop me Matt Kemp .. (half kidding.. I hope he wouldnt do that)
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball 2013   Fantasy Baseball 2013 - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 9:15 am

GolbeZ wrote:
nice pickup on Montero OU.. I was gonna pick him up on FA if he cleared Waivers.. didnt really need him so I didn't want to drop to the bottom of the Waiver Order..

I will say though .. this league is very drop happy.. its mostly Makin Stinkees (he dropped Montero) .. he dropped me Ryan Zimmerman last year.. though in his defense, he was playing like shit before I picked him up, right when I picked him up was when he got his first cortisone shot but still..

anyway.. main reason I am real Waiver Order concise .. gonna wait for him to drop me Matt Kemp .. (half kidding.. I hope he wouldnt do that)

Weiters isn't doing as well as I would have hoped and catchers sit more often then most other positions so between the 2 I should have a catcher starting most days. Unless one of them falls off or takes off and then I can just keep the better one.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball 2013   Fantasy Baseball 2013 - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 1:59 pm

My pitchers have been getting blasted but I have Kershaw and Cain today to hopefully stop the bleeding. Gio throws on Sunday so I got my 3 big dogs to hopefully bail me out before the matchup is over.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball 2013   Fantasy Baseball 2013 - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 10:40 pm

Catching zero breaks and getting my ass kicked so far. Beltre and Posey doing nothing. Votto getting walked 2-3 times every night. Kipnis, Morse, Hill, all missing games banged up. Ugh.....
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball 2013   Fantasy Baseball 2013 - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 9:19 am

My best pitchers continue to get blasted. Actually most of my pitchers are getting blasted. Good thing I won every offensive category. 2-0 in my matchups so far and 1st in the division. Can't complain too much.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball 2013   Fantasy Baseball 2013 - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 3:52 pm

Good luck this week bobbit
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball 2013   Fantasy Baseball 2013 - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 11:15 am

My stud pitchers may be struggling but I have done a decent job of picking up guys that get the W. I might have more wins from pickups then I do from guys I keep on my roster.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball 2013   Fantasy Baseball 2013 - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 1:07 pm

OU wrote:
My stud pitchers may be struggling but I have done a decent job of picking up guys that get the W. I might have more wins from pickups then I do from guys I keep on my roster.

havnt had to make too many pick ups so far.. i keep not wanting to jynx my team though.. they are rolling
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball 2013   Fantasy Baseball 2013 - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 1:16 pm

GolbeZ wrote:
OU wrote:

havnt had to make too many pick ups so far.. i keep not wanting to jynx my team though.. they are rolling

I drafted my team with the intention that I would have atleast 1, probably 2 pitchers on roster that I could drop whenever and pickup a starter throughout the week. One of the reasons I didn't stock up more on top level pitchers, although I kind of wish I would have went for 1 more.
But still a big part of my strategy is having a high level of pickups and starts. Seemed to work out for me when I made my playoff push late in the season and seems to be working well so far. Like I said my pickups are outperforming my roster guys.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball 2013   Fantasy Baseball 2013 - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 1:42 pm

OU wrote:
GolbeZ wrote:
OU wrote:

I drafted my team with the intention that I would have atleast 1, probably 2 pitchers on roster that I could drop whenever and pickup a starter throughout the week. One of the reasons I didn't stock up more on top level pitchers, although I kind of wish I would have went for 1 more.
But still a big part of my strategy is having a high level of pickups and starts. Seemed to work out for me when I made my playoff push late in the season and seems to be working well so far. Like I said my pickups are outperforming my roster guys.

streaming has its perks and its downfalls
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball 2013   Fantasy Baseball 2013 - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 2:01 pm

just checked this week.. and I have no 2 starters and meet the minimum 7 starts total .. hopefully majority of them gets wins and my k/9 stays as high as it is.. other wise i could drop those stats ..
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball 2013   Fantasy Baseball 2013 - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 2:17 pm

GolbeZ wrote:
just checked this week.. and I have no 2 starters and meet the minimum 7 starts total .. hopefully majority of them gets wins and my k/9 stays as high as it is.. other wise i could drop those stats ..

Yeah I hate when I see those stats get dropped because the minimum wasn't met. Cheap wins right there.
I have been lucky in the past that I grabbed some starters that I ended up keeping and turning into solid keepers. Another reason why I like to keep 2 spots open to drop. In case I run into a guy I'm considering keeping.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball 2013   Fantasy Baseball 2013 - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 8:01 pm

Gonna have to look around for 2B/SS trades...Hill goes down for 4-6 weeks and that free agent pool was a disaster
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball 2013   Fantasy Baseball 2013 - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 11:43 pm

yea hill injury just screwed me too, literally no 2b worth a damn on waivers though. Im gonna plug danny Espinosa in for now...
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball 2013   Fantasy Baseball 2013 - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 11:45 pm

if matt carpenter gets 2b eligibility that would be a big help
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball 2013   Fantasy Baseball 2013 - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 9:03 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
Gonna have to look around for 2B/SS trades...Hill goes down for 4-6 weeks and that free agent pool was a disaster

I got lucky and snagged Peralta when I did. Picked him up at the perfect time. He has really been hitting lately. Should give me options when Aybar comes off he DL.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball 2013   Fantasy Baseball 2013 - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 11:07 am

Crawford has been hitting as well I'm just not sure how much I buy it. I'll give him a shot though
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball 2013   Fantasy Baseball 2013 - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 12:51 pm

my bats went off last night
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball 2013   Fantasy Baseball 2013 - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 2:41 pm

Jean Segura is looking pretty good so far .. was able to scoop him up last week.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball 2013   Fantasy Baseball 2013 - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 2:47 pm

The pitcher I picked up yesterday didn't get a chance to pitch because the game got delayed. Shitty luck on that one. I didn't even consider checking weather conditions for the game before picking him up. What a waste.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball 2013   Fantasy Baseball 2013 - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 10:09 pm

I have 6 SPs going off tomorrow .. for some reason all my pitchers are on the same rotation
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball 2013   Fantasy Baseball 2013 - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 10:44 pm

Once again my pickup gets the win while one of my studs gets hammered.(Cain)
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball 2013   Fantasy Baseball 2013 - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 2:15 pm

well I got me Ryan Howard .. I dunno what that means exactly ..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball 2013   Fantasy Baseball 2013 - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Baseball 2013
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next