Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rumors of Hendo being injured, Hendo says he training and happy

Go down 
+8
captain organic
Cu Bu
josh200612
Farmer1906
Ninja
Ludo
GDPofDRC
OU
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Rumors of Hendo being injured, Hendo says he training and happy Empty
PostSubject: Rumors of Hendo being injured, Hendo says he training and happy   Rumors of Hendo being injured, Hendo says he training and happy EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 9:49 am

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/8/23/3262423/dan-henderson-injury-ufc-151-rumors-jon-jones-hurt-mma
When was the last time former Strikeforce Light Heavyweight Champion Dan Henderson pulled out of a fight? Or the last time he mucked up his testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and couldn't get licensed?

Anyone?

Despite being the model for consistency, the mixed martial arts (MMA) media helped fan the flames on the possibility of an injury to Henderson, because everyone was "hearing" the ex-PRIDE superstar was down and out -- but no one could (or would) confirm it.

Here's what "Hendo" had to say to the boys working the mill.

Quote :
"Just got done with a great training session with the boys. @CyrilleDiabate @tarecfighter @heathlsims @RFBJJ @rockholdMMA. Headed to the house to get worked on by @msmariahv to finish of the day happy."
The fact Tarec Saffiedine mentioned on Twitter that he hasn't seen "Dangerous Dan" since his last fight (despite being tagged) kicked this thing into overdrive, but as of this moment, nothing official has come from the brass at Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) or its president, Dana White.

For now, it's business as usual.

That means Jon Jones still has an opponent for the UFC 151 pay-per-view (PPV) main event, which takes place a week from Saturday (Sept. 1, 2012) at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, for "Bones" 205-pound title.

At least, that's "what I'm hearing."

Stay tuned to MMAmania.com for any changes to the "Jones vs. Henderson" fight card and line-up, as well as any other breaking news coming out of "Sin City," as it develops.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Rumors of Hendo being injured, Hendo says he training and happy   Rumors of Hendo being injured, Hendo says he training and happy EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 9:50 am

After Pitbull vs Curran being scratched, I don't think I could handle this one doing the same.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Rumors of Hendo being injured, Hendo says he training and happy   Rumors of Hendo being injured, Hendo says he training and happy EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 10:00 am

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/8/23/3262148/ufc-151-dan-henderson-injury-rumors-twitter-jon-jones
Twitter has been going crazy with a lot of people discussing apparent rumors that the much anticipated UFC 151 main event bout between Jon Jones and Dan Henderson is off. No one has actually stepped in and went on the record to confirm these rumors, but here's how it all started:
Quote :

Kenny Florian: "Hearing that we may have some disappointed @ufc fans soon due to some unfortunate circumstances for an upcoming card."
Quote :

Jeremy Botter: "If what I'm hearing is correct, UFC 151 may be in desperate need of a main event. And that sucks."
People started doing some digging, and rumors started flying that it was Dan Henderson who was injured and was pulled off the card. After tons of speculation Henderson then decided to go on twitter to try dispel these rumors:
Quote :

Dan Henderson: "Just got done with a great training session with the boys. @CyrilleDiabate @tarecfighter @heathlsims @RFBJJ @rockholdMMA"
Quote :
Dan Henderson: "Headed to the house to get worked on by @msmariahv to finish of the day happy."
The problem though is that his story doesn't exactly check out. Much more after the jump.

Quote :

Every person attached to that Hendo tweet promptly retweeted it in some form moments later. Impressive.
— Ariel Helwani (@arielhelwani) August 23, 2012

Tarec Saffiedine, one of the guys mentioned to be "training" with Dan on his tweet, has already stated earlier that he hasn't seen Henderson for a while now. Here's him replying to the injury rumors, on a tweet that he has since deleted after Hendo tried to dispel the rumors: (HT: DeryckRipley for the screengrab)
Rumors of Hendo being injured, Hendo says he training and happy A09YNaMCEAI_dVm_medium
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rumors of Hendo being injured, Hendo says he training and happy   Rumors of Hendo being injured, Hendo says he training and happy EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 10:17 am

Any chance Hendo could be replaced with a decent opponent ?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Rumors of Hendo being injured, Hendo says he training and happy   Rumors of Hendo being injured, Hendo says he training and happy EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 10:25 am

Ali wrote:
Hopefully he isn't injured. But I doubt they would attempt to replace him this late.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rumors of Hendo being injured, Hendo says he training and happy   Rumors of Hendo being injured, Hendo says he training and happy EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 10:26 am

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
Hopefully he isn't injured. But I doubt they would attempt to replace him this late.

No LHW's have fights round about that date ?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Rumors of Hendo being injured, Hendo says he training and happy   Rumors of Hendo being injured, Hendo says he training and happy EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 10:28 am

Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:

No LHW have fights round about that date ?
Nope, I checked. Unless somehow Hamill is ready to go and Jones wants to avenge that "loss". Maybe someone is out there staying in shape and ready? But will they have the acceptable name value? Mousasi would be a cool replacement. But I doubt he is ready to go, might not even be able to fight in UFC.(Showtime)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rumors of Hendo being injured, Hendo says he training and happy   Rumors of Hendo being injured, Hendo says he training and happy EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 10:29 am

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:

Nope, I checked. Unless somehow Hamill is ready to go and Jones wants to avenge that "loss". Maybe someone is out there staying in shape and ready? But will they have the acceptable name value? Mousasi would be a cool replacement. But I doubt he is ready to go, might not even be able to fight in UFC.(Showtime)

Let's hope Machida's been keeping in shape.

I hope Hendo isn't injured too but if that fight is delayed that will suck big time.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Rumors of Hendo being injured, Hendo says he training and happy   Rumors of Hendo being injured, Hendo says he training and happy EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 10:35 am

Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:

I hope Hendo isn't injured too but if that fight is delayed that will suck big time.
This PPV would be wrecked. Without the Main event this is a FUEL level card.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rumors of Hendo being injured, Hendo says he training and happy   Rumors of Hendo being injured, Hendo says he training and happy EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 10:40 am

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:

I agree, would this even stay a PPV ?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Rumors of Hendo being injured, Hendo says he training and happy   Rumors of Hendo being injured, Hendo says he training and happy EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 10:45 am

Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:

I agree, would this even stay a PPV ?
We are less then 10 days from the event. I'm not sure if the UFC would even have the option at this point? They could already be tied into the PPV, I don't know how that works. But this was a very weak card outside of the main event anyways. It would be a disaster.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rumors of Hendo being injured, Hendo says he training and happy   Rumors of Hendo being injured, Hendo says he training and happy EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 11:11 am

Machida, Vitor or Franklin could step in maybe?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Rumors of Hendo being injured, Hendo says he training and happy   Rumors of Hendo being injured, Hendo says he training and happy EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 11:16 am

freakzilla wrote:
I'm thinking Fedor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rumors of Hendo being injured, Hendo says he training and happy   Rumors of Hendo being injured, Hendo says he training and happy EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 11:34 am

Perhaps they could push forward Bisping vs. Stann.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rumors of Hendo being injured, Hendo says he training and happy   Rumors of Hendo being injured, Hendo says he training and happy EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 11:43 am

OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
I'm thinking Fedor.

No chance Fedor ever makes 205.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Rumors of Hendo being injured, Hendo says he training and happy   Rumors of Hendo being injured, Hendo says he training and happy EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 11:45 am

freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
I'm thinking Fedor.

I bet if they made that fight today, Fedor and Jon would be within 10lbs at weigh in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rumors of Hendo being injured, Hendo says he training and happy   Rumors of Hendo being injured, Hendo says he training and happy EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 11:57 am

OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
I'm thinking Fedor.

I bet if they made that fight today, Fedor and Jon would be within 10lbs at weigh in.

It wouldn't surprise me if Jones walks around at a bigger weight.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Rumors of Hendo being injured, Hendo says he training and happy   Rumors of Hendo being injured, Hendo says he training and happy EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 11:58 am

Only the great Dan Henderson can tweet about his happy ending after a hard days work. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Rumors of Hendo being injured, Hendo says he training and happy   Rumors of Hendo being injured, Hendo says he training and happy EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 12:00 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Only the great Dan Henderson can tweet about his happy ending after a hard days work. Very Happy
Rumors of Hendo being injured, Hendo says he training and happy Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcqH_ciXVU9ZVxva3lu-w7ul2QtTHKO4703b4o0RVzyMBs_RJB
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Rumors of Hendo being injured, Hendo says he training and happy   Rumors of Hendo being injured, Hendo says he training and happy EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 12:03 pm

freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
I'm thinking Fedor.

Aren't you the one always saying Cormier could drop down if he wanted to, in spite of his documented Kindney problems? But now Fedor couldn't do this if he wanted to?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rumors of Hendo being injured, Hendo says he training and happy   Rumors of Hendo being injured, Hendo says he training and happy EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 12:08 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
I'm thinking Fedor.

Aren't you the one always saying Cormier could drop down if he wanted to, in spite of his documented Kindney problems? But now Fedor couldn't do this if he wanted to?

No chance he ever makes it because he doesn't want to and no chance on 10 days notice. If he wanted to fight at 205 he would've done it already.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Rumors of Hendo being injured, Hendo says he training and happy   Rumors of Hendo being injured, Hendo says he training and happy EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 12:23 pm

Um, so no chance ever, unless he wanted to which he would of. Okay....
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Rumors of Hendo being injured, Hendo says he training and happy   Rumors of Hendo being injured, Hendo says he training and happy EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 12:35 pm

Fedor weighed 235 for his last fight. Losing 30lbs in 10 days isn't impossible by any means. Whether or not he'd want to is another matter but he could absolutely make weight in the time frame if he had the motivation.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Rumors of Hendo being injured, Hendo says he training and happy   Rumors of Hendo being injured, Hendo says he training and happy EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 12:36 pm

The talk around town is Machida vs Jones 2. The announcement to be made at 2.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Rumors of Hendo being injured, Hendo says he training and happy   Rumors of Hendo being injured, Hendo says he training and happy EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 12:39 pm

Also for anyone that wants to know Soko caused Hendo's knee injury.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rumors of Hendo being injured, Hendo says he training and happy   Rumors of Hendo being injured, Hendo says he training and happy Empty

Back to top Go down

Rumors of Hendo being injured, Hendo says he training and happy
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next