Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rumors flying about Nog having a bad training camp.

Go down 
+2
Farmer1906
Wolfgangsta
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Rumors flying about Nog having a bad training camp. Empty
PostSubject: Rumors flying about Nog having a bad training camp.   Rumors flying about Nog having a bad training camp. EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 10:36 am

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/8/22/999035/is-antonio-rodrigo-nogueiras-ufc

Maybe choosing to fight and not properly rehabbing after the staph infection and knee, coupled with the damage after a long career has taken it's toll on Nog.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Rumors flying about Nog having a bad training camp.   Rumors flying about Nog having a bad training camp. EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 11:23 am

I'm not sure rehabbing the staph and leg 8+ months later should effect getting dropped easily. I think it has more to do with wear and tear on the body. Not everyone can hold up like Couture & Hendo. Nog is famous for wearing shots and even took one from a truck as a child.

If true, it sucks to see Big Nog like this.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Rumors flying about Nog having a bad training camp.   Rumors flying about Nog having a bad training camp. EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 12:00 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:

Maybe choosing to fight and not properly rehabbing after the staph infection and knee, coupled with the damage after a long career has taken it's toll on Nog.

Pretty sure me and u already talked about this Wolf. I think his bad training camp is due to the fact he is done. Randy will beat him and Nog will continue to fight but will never be relevent in the title picture.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Rumors flying about Nog having a bad training camp.   Rumors flying about Nog having a bad training camp. EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 12:35 pm

timthebim wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

Pretty sure me and u already talked about this Wolf. I think his bad training camp is due to the fact he is done. Randy will beat him and Nog will continue to fight but will never be relevent in the title picture.

Hate to say it, but +1

He is still good enough to sub some decent guys, but with the way some of these guys are evolving I just think his time has passed.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Rumors flying about Nog having a bad training camp.   Rumors flying about Nog having a bad training camp. EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 12:47 pm

Illness and cardio can effect durability, and also the fact Nog took a lot of damage in a weakened state in his fight with Mir. I went to the gym once with the flu and got the shit beat out of me fast. Don't spar or fight when sick.

I might change my pick to Randy, or withdraw one all together. The UFC needs Nog to win this fight. No one of Randy's real fans desires to see him mauled by Cain, Shane or by Brock again. I'd literally fear for his safety. Also, not that this is realistic, but what would a 47 year old HW champion mean for the sport? For that matter, what does a 46 or 47 year old challenger say about the UFC's division either way, win or lose? Fedor and Strikeforce would have a real argument against UFC legitimacy.

Nog really being done means the UFC HW division is based around three rookie wrestlers, a rookie kickboxer, and Frank Mir. Not that great imo.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Rumors flying about Nog having a bad training camp.   Rumors flying about Nog having a bad training camp. EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 1:17 pm

Obviously illness effects training, cardio and overall makes you weak, but that was 8 months ago. That should not effect what goes on today unless Nog is still sick (that is a long ass time to be sick) or received permanent damage (not sure he'd be cleared to fight if that happened).

These so called rookie wrestlers are damn good at what they do plus they are huge. I'd easily put Carwin, Cain, & Lesnar vs anyone outside of Fedor and think they go 3-0 or 2-1 vs them all.

I think you are making too big of a deal about Randy's age. He's up there, but still competing at a high level. His greco, cardio, ground control, and boxing is good enough to give anyon trouble. He takes care of his body, stays in great shape, and maybe even gets some extra help. As for the Cain or Carwin match up I would love to see it.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Rumors flying about Nog having a bad training camp.   Rumors flying about Nog having a bad training camp. EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 2:09 pm

He is 46 in a sport where his 33 year old opponent is washed up and too old.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Rumors flying about Nog having a bad training camp.   Rumors flying about Nog having a bad training camp. EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 2:26 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Illness and cardio can effect durability, and also the fact Nog took a lot of damage in a weakened state in his fight with Mir. I went to the gym once with the flu and got the shit beat out of me fast. Don't spar or fight when sick.

I might change my pick to Randy, or withdraw one all together. The UFC needs Nog to win this fight. No one of Randy's real fans desires to see him mauled by Cain, Shane or by Brock again. I'd literally fear for his safety. Also, not that this is realistic, but what would a 47 year old HW champion mean for the sport? For that matter, what does a 46 or 47 year old challenger say about the UFC's division either way, win or lose? Fedor and Strikeforce would have a real argument against UFC legitimacy.

Nog really being done means the UFC HW division is based around three rookie wrestlers, a rookie kickboxer, and Frank Mir. Not that great imo.

Its really a lose-lose for the UFC no matter who wins. Look at how Mir destroyed Nog and then was killed by brock and Randy has already been beaten by Brock also. Neither really deserve a shot at the belt at this stage. But the main thing i disagree with is how u fear for Randys safety lol after Nog fight I fear for his safety against Randy let alone Brock, Shane, or Cain. Thats a crazy statement to me. Nog is done. U know what happens when u get old Wolf u start to break down and thats exactly what is happening here. If Nog does somehow beat Randy do u give him any shot at Brock at all?? If u really think about it no way in hell.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Rumors flying about Nog having a bad training camp.   Rumors flying about Nog having a bad training camp. EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 2:47 pm

If he's as good as he was in Pride Lesnar is toast. TOAST.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Rumors flying about Nog having a bad training camp.   Rumors flying about Nog having a bad training camp. EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 2:48 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
If he's as good as he was in Pride Lesnar is toast. TOAST.

He isnt and u know that so somebody is toast but u got the wrong guy.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Rumors flying about Nog having a bad training camp.   Rumors flying about Nog having a bad training camp. EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 2:52 pm

The rumors concern me, but the staph infection and knee in his fights with CC, Herring, Barnett, Sylvia or Fedor would have ended up much worse for him. Based on the Mir fight alone and the circumstances around it I cannot judge his future. How can you?
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Rumors flying about Nog having a bad training camp.   Rumors flying about Nog having a bad training camp. EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 2:55 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
The rumors concern me, but the staph infection and knee in his fights with CC, Herring, Barnett, Sylvia or Fedor would have ended up much worse for him. Based on the Mir fight alone and the circumstances around it I cannot judge his future. How can you?

Im judgeing not just on the Mir fight. I thought he looked OK against Herring but was hurt in that fight also and the fight against Timmy he had no business winning. He was dominated the whole fight and pulled that out of his ass. The Mir fight enough said lol. Thats what I base it on.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Rumors flying about Nog having a bad training camp.   Rumors flying about Nog having a bad training camp. EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 3:07 pm

I disagree. I think the Sylvia fight was similar to several others and the kick was literally the only offense Herring had at all.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Rumors flying about Nog having a bad training camp.   Rumors flying about Nog having a bad training camp. EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 3:09 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:

true guys like nog and wandy fight for the show, like wany fighting hunt and hendo while having fever and nog fighting mir with gang green of the leg
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Rumors flying about Nog having a bad training camp.   Rumors flying about Nog having a bad training camp. EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 4:01 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
He is 46 in a sport where his 33 year old opponent is washed up and too old.

Nog has more miles on his body plus he doesn't take care of himself like Couture does. Randy only fights like twice a year and started when he was Nog's age.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Rumors flying about Nog having a bad training camp.   Rumors flying about Nog having a bad training camp. EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 4:21 pm

Randy has been in his share of wars and taken his share of damage at this point.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Rumors flying about Nog having a bad training camp.   Rumors flying about Nog having a bad training camp. EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 4:29 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Randy has been in his share of wars and taken his share of damage at this point.

Ur right there Randy has had his share of wear and tear but he is a fitness freak. He works out constantly and it shows. The guy is nearly 50 and is still relevent in the sport.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Rumors flying about Nog having a bad training camp.   Rumors flying about Nog having a bad training camp. EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 4:44 pm

You can't forget the gym Nog comes out of. The best martial arts academy in the world, blackhouse.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Rumors flying about Nog having a bad training camp.   Rumors flying about Nog having a bad training camp. EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 6:50 pm

I was going with Randy regardless, but it's sad to see either of these guys lose. I wish they both could just put on an epic fight incase this is the end of the road for the loser. Something just tells me Nog's career is coming to an end, and this reports aren't incouraging, nothing besides maybe Chuck getting Ko'd by Rashad made me as sad/pissed as when Nog looked like a zombie against Mir.

And man I have a lot of catching up to do on the board
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Rumors flying about Nog having a bad training camp.   Rumors flying about Nog having a bad training camp. EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 6:52 pm

Ya youve been gone a few weeks and your spelling and basic ability for form a sentence has been completely erroded.

'Something just tells me Nog's career is coming to an end, and this reports aren't incouraging'

wtf really?
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Rumors flying about Nog having a bad training camp.   Rumors flying about Nog having a bad training camp. EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 6:55 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Ya youve been gone a few weeks and your spelling and basic ability for form a sentence has been completely erroded.

'Something just tells me Nog's career is coming to an end, and this reports aren't incouraging'

wtf really?

lol!
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Rumors flying about Nog having a bad training camp.   Rumors flying about Nog having a bad training camp. EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 6:58 pm

Hey Wolfy, you've and eroded bro
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Rumors flying about Nog having a bad training camp.   Rumors flying about Nog having a bad training camp. EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 6:58 pm

I already thought Randy would win a relatively easy decision in this fight. Those reports aren't changing anything
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Rumors flying about Nog having a bad training camp.   Rumors flying about Nog having a bad training camp. EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 6:59 pm

mine was never great to begin with tho. sucka
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Rumors flying about Nog having a bad training camp.   Rumors flying about Nog having a bad training camp. EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Well since it's rare case I do make gramatical/spelling errors, I think I should be given a pass on that one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rumors flying about Nog having a bad training camp.   Rumors flying about Nog having a bad training camp. Empty

Back to top Go down

Rumors flying about Nog having a bad training camp.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next