Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is there any argument now that Jon Jones isn't the numer 1 P4P King?

Go down 
+6
Andrew the Raider King
cheekynffc
Farmer1906
bobbitt15
Ninja
Ludo
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Is there any argument now that Jon Jones isn't the numer 1 P4P King? Empty
PostSubject: Is there any argument now that Jon Jones isn't the numer 1 P4P King?   Is there any argument now that Jon Jones isn't the numer 1 P4P King? EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 1:28 am

He just had the greatest year ever by an MMA fighter and looks unstoppable. If he beats Dan Henderson and Rashad Evans then he has cleaned out the division. He is basically undefeated and I can't see him losing unless he moves up to heavyweight.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Is there any argument now that Jon Jones isn't the numer 1 P4P King?   Is there any argument now that Jon Jones isn't the numer 1 P4P King? EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 1:55 am

#1 pound for pound is going a bit far. Best year ever he has it hands down.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Is there any argument now that Jon Jones isn't the numer 1 P4P King?   Is there any argument now that Jon Jones isn't the numer 1 P4P King? EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 2:30 am

Bones has had definitely the best year in MMA history, but he is number 3 behind GSP and Anderson. Bones has held the UFC belt for one year. Spider and GSP have held their belts for many, many years, which in MMA is very unheard of. In my opinion talk of him being number one P4P is a little premature. With GSP injured and Anderson being at the tail end of his career I could see Bones reaching number one if he keeps winning.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Is there any argument now that Jon Jones isn't the numer 1 P4P King?   Is there any argument now that Jon Jones isn't the numer 1 P4P King? EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 3:57 am

I would've thought Anderson retiring would be bigger news
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is there any argument now that Jon Jones isn't the numer 1 P4P King?   Is there any argument now that Jon Jones isn't the numer 1 P4P King? EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 4:09 am

I can't have Anderson above Jones. Anderson got dominated for 4.5 rounds against Sonnen and cuts down over 30 pounds to fight at MW. I think it's between Jones and GSP for the P4P title.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Is there any argument now that Jon Jones isn't the numer 1 P4P King?   Is there any argument now that Jon Jones isn't the numer 1 P4P King? EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 4:33 am

freakzilla wrote:
I can't have Anderson above Jones. Anderson got dominated for 4.5 rounds against Sonnen and cuts down over 30 pounds to fight at MW. I think it's between Jones and GSP for the P4P title.

Yet he still found a way to come back and win before the end of the fight. Which happens to be the first fight he hasn't utterly dominated to the point where he was behaving like a buffoon out of a lack of respect for his opponents. Like I said Jones hands down has had the single best year of all time until this point. This blows away Shoguns 2006 which was pretty damn spectacular in it's own right.

If it truly comes down to GSP and Jon Jones for pound for pound king it's GSP, but Anderson is still ahead of Jones and ahead of GSP right at this moment. When Jones moves up to heavyweight and starts straight smashing on former champions like they are complete amateurs we can talk about him being #1, and maybe not even then if GSP is still around racking up 10-8 rounds every time out.

Also, Jones cuts at least 30 if not more to make 205.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/300262/Jon-Jones-up-to-221-after-weigh-ins/

The very next morning after weigh ins(about 13 to 15 hours later) he's up to 221lbs according to his tweet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is there any argument now that Jon Jones isn't the numer 1 P4P King?   Is there any argument now that Jon Jones isn't the numer 1 P4P King? EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 4:59 am

Anderson beat Forrest Griffin who was scared shitless of Anderson and was tailor made for Anderson. Jon Jones destroys Anderson within 2 rounds if they ever fight. Dana in the post fight conference said Anderson and Jones are in 2 different divisions and they wont fight. Hmmm... hasn't stopped him trying to get GSP and Anderson to fight.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Is there any argument now that Jon Jones isn't the numer 1 P4P King?   Is there any argument now that Jon Jones isn't the numer 1 P4P King? EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 5:07 am

freakzilla wrote:
Anderson beat Forrest Griffin who was scared shitless of Anderson and was tailor made for Anderson. Jon Jones destroys Anderson within 2 rounds if they ever fight. Dana in the post fight conference said Anderson and Jones are in 2 different divisions and they wont fight. Hmmm... hasn't stopped him trying to get GSP and Anderson to fight.

You can make the argument that everyone Jones has fought in the last year was scared shitless of and tailor made for him as well. When it's made to look easy people start saying that. If there's anything we learned last night it's that Jones doesn't destroy Anderson within two rounds. He just dropped a round to the lesser Black House product.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is there any argument now that Jon Jones isn't the numer 1 P4P King?   Is there any argument now that Jon Jones isn't the numer 1 P4P King? EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 5:27 am

Machida's TDD is much better than Anderson's and I think against Anderson he takes him down straight away. I don't like Jones though so I hope Evans or Hendo solve the puzzle.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Is there any argument now that Jon Jones isn't the numer 1 P4P King?   Is there any argument now that Jon Jones isn't the numer 1 P4P King? EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 8:41 am

Standing I'd still take Anderson over Jones. But Jones wrestling would put Andy down easily. If GSP was bigger and Jones was smaller then him vs GSP would be ideal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is there any argument now that Jon Jones isn't the numer 1 P4P King?   Is there any argument now that Jon Jones isn't the numer 1 P4P King? EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 9:14 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
Standing I'd still take Anderson over Jones. But Jones wrestling would put Andy down easily. If GSP was bigger and Jones was smaller then him vs GSP would be ideal.

Yep, I agree. If Sonnen could dominate Anderson with his wrestling then I think a much bigger Jones would have no problem.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: Is there any argument now that Jon Jones isn't the numer 1 P4P King?   Is there any argument now that Jon Jones isn't the numer 1 P4P King? EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 10:06 am

if jones were to beat silva would that automatically make him better p4p?

his physical advantages are such that he should win.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is there any argument now that Jon Jones isn't the numer 1 P4P King?   Is there any argument now that Jon Jones isn't the numer 1 P4P King? EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 10:20 am

cheekynffc wrote:
if jones were to beat silva would that automatically make him better p4p?

his physical advantages are such that he should win.

Jones walks around about 8-10 pounds heavier than Anderson which isn't much.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Is there any argument now that Jon Jones isn't the numer 1 P4P King?   Is there any argument now that Jon Jones isn't the numer 1 P4P King? EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 10:21 am

Nope Bones is 3rd and he doesn't have real KO power. His chin has only been slightly tested and that was by Lyoto. He may hae a year or two before he is number one...barring losses of course.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Is there any argument now that Jon Jones isn't the numer 1 P4P King?   Is there any argument now that Jon Jones isn't the numer 1 P4P King? EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 12:13 pm

Another problem I have with Bones being number one is his single biggest strength is physical size and reach. Yes, Anderson is one of the biggest 185ers also, but he still is comparable to other guys in his weight class. No one at 205 has as long of reach or cuts more weight than Jones does.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Is there any argument now that Jon Jones isn't the numer 1 P4P King?   Is there any argument now that Jon Jones isn't the numer 1 P4P King? EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 12:25 pm

Mine list goes

1. GSP
2. Anderson
3. Aldo
4. Bones
5. Edgar
6. Cruz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is there any argument now that Jon Jones isn't the numer 1 P4P King?   Is there any argument now that Jon Jones isn't the numer 1 P4P King? EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 1:04 pm

01. Jon Jones
02. Georges St. Pierre
03. Anderson Silva
04. Frankie Edgar
05. Junior Dos Santos
06. Jose Aldo
07. Gray Maynard
08. Rashad Evans
09. Jon Fitch
10. Dan Henderson
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is there any argument now that Jon Jones isn't the numer 1 P4P King?   Is there any argument now that Jon Jones isn't the numer 1 P4P King? EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 1:06 pm

Ninja wrote:
Another problem I have with Bones being number one is his single biggest strength is physical size and reach. Yes, Anderson is one of the biggest 185ers also, but he still is comparable to other guys in his weight class. No one at 205 has as long of reach or cuts more weight than Jones does.

Anderson has just as much of an advantage at MW as Jones does at 205. It was his takedown and elbows that beat Machida.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Is there any argument now that Jon Jones isn't the numer 1 P4P King?   Is there any argument now that Jon Jones isn't the numer 1 P4P King? EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 1:28 pm

freakzilla wrote:
Ninja wrote:

Anderson has just as much of an advantage at MW as Jones does at 205. It was his takedown and elbows that beat Machida.

Oh I thought it was the left hand that dropped Machida that beat him? That is why Jones landed the GnP and sunk in the choke.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is there any argument now that Jon Jones isn't the numer 1 P4P King?   Is there any argument now that Jon Jones isn't the numer 1 P4P King? EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 1:36 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
Ninja wrote:

Oh I thought it was the left hand that dropped Machida that beat him? That is why Jones landed the GnP and sunk in the choke.

As soon as he hit that elbow and cut Machida it was only going to end 1 way.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Is there any argument now that Jon Jones isn't the numer 1 P4P King?   Is there any argument now that Jon Jones isn't the numer 1 P4P King? EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 1:42 pm

My p4p king is a guy that can dominate his weight class and who has shown in fights that he has crazy skills.

Bones is my #1 guy because of the way he has dominated the toughest weight class against a bunch of champions. GSP lays on people and has greased in atleast one fight that I know of. Silva has fought inferior competition and has been somewhat protected if you compare the guys he has fought compared to Bones.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Is there any argument now that Jon Jones isn't the numer 1 P4P King?   Is there any argument now that Jon Jones isn't the numer 1 P4P King? EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 1:46 pm

freakzilla wrote:
Ninja wrote:

What? No one in any weight class right now has the physical advantages that Jones does. Certainly not Anderson
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Is there any argument now that Jon Jones isn't the numer 1 P4P King?   Is there any argument now that Jon Jones isn't the numer 1 P4P King? EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 1:47 pm

I've said this before and I'll say it again Rashad is the key to the lock. It's just that shit keeps getting in the way seems to be working out for Bones.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Is there any argument now that Jon Jones isn't the numer 1 P4P King?   Is there any argument now that Jon Jones isn't the numer 1 P4P King? EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 1:49 pm

josh200612 wrote:
I've said this before and I'll say it again Rashad is the key to the lock. It's just that shit keeps getting in the way seems to be working out for Bones.
the only thing that worries me here is Reshads chin... but im on board with ur kool aid
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Is there any argument now that Jon Jones isn't the numer 1 P4P King?   Is there any argument now that Jon Jones isn't the numer 1 P4P King? EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 1:54 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
josh200612 wrote:
the only thing that worries me here is Reshads chin... but im on board with ur kool aid

Is there any argument now that Jon Jones isn't the numer 1 P4P King? Icecubedrink

Drink up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there any argument now that Jon Jones isn't the numer 1 P4P King?   Is there any argument now that Jon Jones isn't the numer 1 P4P King? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is there any argument now that Jon Jones isn't the numer 1 P4P King?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next