Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fedor vs. Hendo, loser may leave Strikeforce

Go down 
+11
KingsOwn19
LA
bobbitt15
josh200612
gomez1012
captain organic
GDPofDRC
OU
acccardinal12
killerofchicken
Primetyme199
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

Fedor vs. Hendo, loser may leave Strikeforce Empty
PostSubject: Fedor vs. Hendo, loser may leave Strikeforce   Fedor vs. Hendo, loser may leave Strikeforce EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 2:03 pm

Fedor Emelianenko and Dan Henderson meet in a Chicago area cage a little less than two weeks from today, it will likely be the last time one of them competes under the promotion’s banner.

According to multiple sources, one of the core components of the matchmaking process in regards to their headlining bout on July 30 was the ability to sever professional ties with the loser based on the amount each earns in comparison to their perceived market value, as contracts are generally structured to allow for immediate release in the event of defeat.

ESPN reported the two fighters are scheduled to earn $2.3 million combined for their July 30 fight with Henderson taking home an $800,000 paycheck and Fedor the remaining amount. The entire disclosed payroll of UFC 132, the most recent PPV event for the world’s foremost MMA promotion, was more than a million dollars less.

Whether Zuffa would renegotiate terms with “Hendo” if he loses, or if the former Olympic wrestler would even want to re-sign, are unknown.

A third consecutive stumble for Fedor would not only be disastrous on a professional level, but also likely mark the end of his Strikeforce career given the kingly sum demanded by “The Last Emperor”.

Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs. Hendo, loser may leave Strikeforce   Fedor vs. Hendo, loser may leave Strikeforce EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 2:09 pm

PT dropping a bombshell, i find it hard to believe they can just drop their LHW champ but nothing seems to surprise me lately in this crazy world of MMA
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs. Hendo, loser may leave Strikeforce   Fedor vs. Hendo, loser may leave Strikeforce EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 2:38 pm

Fedor should leave either way. I want Fedor vs Anderson now!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs. Hendo, loser may leave Strikeforce   Fedor vs. Hendo, loser may leave Strikeforce EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 3:00 pm

I don't really see this happening. Maybe Fedor or even Dan can make more money in Japan, but the loser might just need to take a major pay cut and stay with Zuffa if they want to continue to fight. The loser might have to sign for less money but still probably more then they could make with any other organization.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs. Hendo, loser may leave Strikeforce   Fedor vs. Hendo, loser may leave Strikeforce EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 3:09 pm

Either should be in the upper level group of the pay scale still, which should be higher generally and more inclusive for more top fighters. I'm sure if something is said it will be along the lines of "we cannot pay so and so this and that becasue of Fedor and Hendo". But suits and brass are like politicians.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs. Hendo, loser may leave Strikeforce   Fedor vs. Hendo, loser may leave Strikeforce EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 3:17 pm

I can't see Hendo, the current lhw champ who has won his previous 2 fights, losing a hwy fight and then get cut. I just can't see it.

Fedor, sure, def. 0-3 in his last 3 while making that much $$$ is def reason to be given the ax.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs. Hendo, loser may leave Strikeforce   Fedor vs. Hendo, loser may leave Strikeforce EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 3:19 pm

OU wrote:
I don't really see this happening. Maybe Fedor or even Dan can make more money in Japan, but the loser might just need to take a major pay cut and stay with Zuffa if they want to continue to fight. The loser might have to sign for less money but still probably more then they could make with any other organization.

If Fedor were to get axed, and he still wanted to fight, I could def see him fighting for M-1.

Actually I could see Fedor going M-1 even if he wins out on his contract. Zuffa is outty on showtime, M-1 will be there to fill the void.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs. Hendo, loser may leave Strikeforce   Fedor vs. Hendo, loser may leave Strikeforce EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 3:25 pm

captain organic wrote:
OU wrote:

If Fedor were to get axed, and he still wanted to fight, I could def see him fighting for M-1.

Actually I could see Fedor going M-1 even if he wins out on his contract. Zuffa is outty on showtime, M-1 will be there to fill the void.
Well technically he still fights for M-1 and every card he is on is M-1 co-promoted. But I could see him in DREAM making some bank.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs. Hendo, loser may leave Strikeforce   Fedor vs. Hendo, loser may leave Strikeforce EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 3:28 pm

That is Showtime/M-1's nearly complete deal also, so he will def never see that kind of contract again if he is allowed to continue with Zuffa, win or lose.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs. Hendo, loser may leave Strikeforce   Fedor vs. Hendo, loser may leave Strikeforce EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 3:48 pm

I think Fedor is done, Hendo
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs. Hendo, loser may leave Strikeforce   Fedor vs. Hendo, loser may leave Strikeforce EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 3:53 pm

Fedor will lose get kicked out of Strikeforce then will never fight in the UFC cause he is scared. Fedor will be the GOAT of Shark Fights.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs. Hendo, loser may leave Strikeforce   Fedor vs. Hendo, loser may leave Strikeforce EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 3:55 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Well there isn't any way possible for Hendo to repeat Fedor's last two losses. He isn't big or strong enough to hold him down and if Hendo pulls off a triangle I'll buy a Texas Longhorns jersey. It's not like Fedor is taking naps on the canvas lately.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs. Hendo, loser may leave Strikeforce   Fedor vs. Hendo, loser may leave Strikeforce EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 3:55 pm

josh200612 wrote:
Fedor will lose get kicked out of Strikeforce then will never fight in the UFC cause he is scared. Fedor will be the GOAT of Shark Fights.
tryhard
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs. Hendo, loser may leave Strikeforce   Fedor vs. Hendo, loser may leave Strikeforce EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 3:58 pm

If Fedor loses I think he'll retire so that won't be much of an issue. They do need to restructure Dan's contract though
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs. Hendo, loser may leave Strikeforce   Fedor vs. Hendo, loser may leave Strikeforce EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 4:04 pm

OU wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:
Well there isn't any way possible for Hendo to repeat Fedor's last two losses. He isn't big or strong enough to hold him down and if Hendo pulls off a triangle I'll buy a Texas Longhorns jersey. It's not like Fedor is taking naps on the canvas lately.

Fedor blocks punches with his face. I like the fresher fighter, Henderson

When was the last time Fedor looked good again? 2008?
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs. Hendo, loser may leave Strikeforce   Fedor vs. Hendo, loser may leave Strikeforce EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 4:08 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
OU wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:

When he was in Pride.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs. Hendo, loser may leave Strikeforce   Fedor vs. Hendo, loser may leave Strikeforce EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 4:32 pm

I can understand letting Fedor go, he's on the decline and has precarious management, but to cut Hendo would be silly. Dan's the current LHW champ and hasn't shown any signs of decay.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs. Hendo, loser may leave Strikeforce   Fedor vs. Hendo, loser may leave Strikeforce EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 5:36 pm

Hendo loses, gets cut, contract reworked, fights UFC LHW Champion. IMO slowly but surely the top SF guys will be worked over while prospect level fighters are kept, I can't see why they'd be signing all these solid prospects otherwise.

Fedor loses, retires.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs. Hendo, loser may leave Strikeforce   Fedor vs. Hendo, loser may leave Strikeforce EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 5:47 pm

I don't think Hendo would get an immediate shot coming off a loss.

Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs. Hendo, loser may leave Strikeforce   Fedor vs. Hendo, loser may leave Strikeforce EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 5:55 pm

Could be right, but it would be the the greatest HW ever at HW. I suppose just a high level LHW fight would work as well, Hendo vs Champ or Hendo vs like Shogun or Machida, still feeling the contract reworked, worked back over to the UFC angle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs. Hendo, loser may leave Strikeforce   Fedor vs. Hendo, loser may leave Strikeforce EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 5:57 pm

LA wrote:
Could be right, but it would be the the greatest HW ever at HW. I suppose just a high level LHW fight would work as well, Hendo vs Champ or Hendo vs like Shogun or Machida, still feeling the contract reworked, worked back over to the UFC angle.

You just gave me wood.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs. Hendo, loser may leave Strikeforce   Fedor vs. Hendo, loser may leave Strikeforce EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 6:00 pm

how many fights does hendo have left on his current deal?

Seems to me Hendo would serve the UFC much better if he(or whomever the SF champ is at the time) was coming in off a win.

I think it more likely Hendo would switch if he beats Fedor then if he loses to him.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs. Hendo, loser may leave Strikeforce   Fedor vs. Hendo, loser may leave Strikeforce EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 6:14 pm

Oh it goes without saying he'd be better for them coming off a win, but it's not like he would have lost at LHW. They may want him to switch regardless just to rework his contract and just cause at least in some of our opinions all top guys will be getting moved over eventually anyways. He's getting like 800K gaurenteed for his next fight....which could be what big fighters really should be getting, but it's an outlier in the current landscape.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs. Hendo, loser may leave Strikeforce   Fedor vs. Hendo, loser may leave Strikeforce EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 7:06 pm

I think the loser or winner leaves SF. After this fight you won't see eitheir of them in SF again...win or lose.

They are both on last fights. M-1 won't get another co-pro deal and if Fedor wins and decides to deal without them..he'll likely end up in the UFC.

If Henderson wins the UFC will sign him. If Henderson loses, the UFC will likely still sign him as this fight is out of his weight class.

It's funny the thread title is "loser may leave SF" when i think the only case of one of these guys remaining in Strikeforce is if Dan Henderson loses.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs. Hendo, loser may leave Strikeforce   Fedor vs. Hendo, loser may leave Strikeforce EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 10:51 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
OU wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:

Fedor still rarely gets hit standing while Hendo lost to a WW in Jake and also was nearly finished in the first round of the Feijao fight. Slow your roll. Or keep it at the current speed with an opinion close to worth having or speaking on anyway...
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs. Hendo, loser may leave Strikeforce   Fedor vs. Hendo, loser may leave Strikeforce Empty

Back to top Go down

Fedor vs. Hendo, loser may leave Strikeforce
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next