Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Michael Bisping Spits on Rivera's Corner

Go down 
+11
SOKO
MMAEYES
OU
bobbitt15
icebergsnoopy
timthebim
josh200612
acccardinal12
KingsOwn19
killerofchicken
Birdofthad
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

Favorite Fighter(s) : Marvin Hagler,Ben Henderson,Rich Franklin,Clay Guida

Michael Bisping Spits on Rivera's Corner - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Bisping Spits on Rivera's Corner   Michael Bisping Spits on Rivera's Corner - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 1:21 pm

OU wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
Vitor is lobbying for a fight with Bisping around May on Twitter. Fingers crossed

Belfort seems to come up short in big fights,but he should have enough to kick Bitchsping's ass.

This isn't that "big" of a fight for Vitor. He showed up just fine vs Rich Franklin.

He did dispose of Franklin easily,but I'm not sure if Rich wasn't on his way down at that point.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bisping Spits on Rivera's Corner   Michael Bisping Spits on Rivera's Corner - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 1:27 pm

WinstonSmith wrote:
OU wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
Vitor is lobbying for a fight with Bisping around May on Twitter. Fingers crossed

Belfort seems to come up short in big fights,but he should have enough to kick Bitchsping's ass.

This isn't that "big" of a fight for Vitor. He showed up just fine vs Rich Franklin.

He did dispose of Franklin easily,but I'm not sure if Rich wasn't on his way down at that point.
maybe Vitor doesn't have what it takes for big fights? just a thought, still love watching him fight tho
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bisping Spits on Rivera's Corner   Michael Bisping Spits on Rivera's Corner - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 1:31 pm

To this day I can't figure out how he got out-boxed by Couture.I 'm not sure he has what it takes to endure a long and tough fight.Just my take on him.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bisping Spits on Rivera's Corner   Michael Bisping Spits on Rivera's Corner - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 1:32 pm

WinstonSmith wrote:
To this day I can't figure out how he got out-boxed by Couture.I 'm not sure he has what it takes to endure a long and tough fight.Just my take on him.
the couture fight im not gonna hold against him cuz he had a lot of personal problems back then
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bisping Spits on Rivera's Corner   Michael Bisping Spits on Rivera's Corner - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 1:33 pm

WinstonSmith wrote:
OU wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

Franklin has looked good against very good competition before and after that fight.
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bisping Spits on Rivera's Corner   Michael Bisping Spits on Rivera's Corner - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 1:36 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:
the couture fight im not gonna hold against him cuz he had a lot of personal problems back then

Didn't the situation concerning his sister come after the Couture fight?I could be wrong.
Back to top Go down
jimbojones1950
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bisping Spits on Rivera's Corner   Michael Bisping Spits on Rivera's Corner - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 1:37 pm

Bisping acted unprofessionally after the fight. He took antics personally, that were purely business. Look, Bisping is not an idiot. He, just like most of us, knew that Rivera is an old fighter who doesn't have many big fights left in his career. So what did Rivera do? He tried his best to make this fight relevant by trash talking. Bisping's reaction to the trash talk was great, and to me, I thought he was going along with the storyline because it makes them both more money in the end. But his reaction after the fight, which showed that he clearly took the trash talk of Rivera personally was ridiculous. Bisping was still pissed after the fight for no reason. This is a business and he should know the business by now. This was Rivera's last big fight on a ppv card...how can you blame the 38 year old fighter for trying to make it as relevant as possible.
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bisping Spits on Rivera's Corner   Michael Bisping Spits on Rivera's Corner - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 1:41 pm

WinstonSmith wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:

Didn't the situation concerning his sister come after the Couture fight?I could be wrong.

I am wrong.His sister was kidnapped(killed) a few days before his first fight with Couture.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bisping Spits on Rivera's Corner   Michael Bisping Spits on Rivera's Corner - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 1:42 pm

WinstonSmith wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:

I am wrong.His sister was kidnapped(killed) a few days before his first fight with Couture.
yeah, that was a major factor in the fight.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bisping Spits on Rivera's Corner   Michael Bisping Spits on Rivera's Corner - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 1:45 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:

Are you sure you are not talking about the 1997 fight? Yes they did fight in 04 shortly after the deal with Vitor's sister. But they also fought in 97.
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bisping Spits on Rivera's Corner   Michael Bisping Spits on Rivera's Corner - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 1:47 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:

I'm surprised he went through with it.How could a fighter's head be straight with that going on?To his credit he won the first fight(granted it was due to a freak cut to Couture).
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bisping Spits on Rivera's Corner   Michael Bisping Spits on Rivera's Corner - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 1:48 pm

WinstonSmith wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:

I'm surprised he went through with it.How could a fighter's head be straight with that going on?To his credit he won the first fight(granted it was due to a freak cut to Couture).

They fought 3 times.
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bisping Spits on Rivera's Corner   Michael Bisping Spits on Rivera's Corner - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 1:50 pm

OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:

Are you sure you are not talking about the 1997 fight? Yes they did fight in 04 shortly after the deal with Vitor's sister. But they also fought in 97.
You're spot on.I forgot about that fight.It came right after he turtled Tank Abbott.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bisping Spits on Rivera's Corner   Michael Bisping Spits on Rivera's Corner - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 2:32 pm

Bisping is a chump. The knee was deliberate because he was losing the fight. He will never be a top fighter.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bisping Spits on Rivera's Corner   Michael Bisping Spits on Rivera's Corner - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 3:09 pm

Michael Bisping to Be Disciplined for UFC 127 Spitting Incident

Quote :
White said he has yet to make a decision on whether Bisping will be fined and/or suspended for his actions, but confirmed that he will be subject to some punishment.

Despite insisting he had not spit directly at Rivera's corner, Bisping (21-3) apologized for his behavior in post-fight interviews, saying he momentarily lost control because of the pre-fight videos made by Rivera which mocked him. In the videos, Bisping was portrayed by Phinney. But when told Rivera's camp was demanding a punishment for his actions, he took umbrage.

"It doesn't surprise me really," he said. "It's just one classless move after another."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/02/28/michael-bisping-to-be-disciplined-for-ufc-127-spitting-incident/?a_dgi=aolshare_twitter
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bisping Spits on Rivera's Corner   Michael Bisping Spits on Rivera's Corner - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 3:10 pm

Punishment should be Vitor.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bisping Spits on Rivera's Corner   Michael Bisping Spits on Rivera's Corner - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 3:13 pm

OU wrote:
Punishment should be Vitor.

muhahaha, what an excellent idea
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bisping Spits on Rivera's Corner   Michael Bisping Spits on Rivera's Corner - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 4:38 pm

He should get that second Wanderlei Silva fight he has been begging for. Wandy will bum rush him and destroy him inside a round this time out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bisping Spits on Rivera's Corner   Michael Bisping Spits on Rivera's Corner - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 4:40 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
He should get that second Wanderlei Silva fight he has been begging for. Wandy will bum rush him and destroy him inside a round this time out.

Let someone else pound his head in this time. I choose Vitor.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bisping Spits on Rivera's Corner   Michael Bisping Spits on Rivera's Corner - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 4:59 pm

OU wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

Either fight works for me. I kinda agree with wolf though, this time Wandy would finish him
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bisping Spits on Rivera's Corner   Michael Bisping Spits on Rivera's Corner - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 5:02 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
OU wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

Either fight works for me. I kinda agree with wolf though, this time Wandy would finish him

Fine with me, I love Wandy.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bisping Spits on Rivera's Corner   Michael Bisping Spits on Rivera's Corner - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 5:12 pm

OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
OU wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

Fine with me, I love Wandy.
i agree on the wand finishing him, but i'd rather see Vitor do it. i dont know how many fights wand has left, id rather he fight some1 else
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bisping Spits on Rivera's Corner   Michael Bisping Spits on Rivera's Corner - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 6:59 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/2/28/2020882/the-week-in-quotes-february-20th-26th-bisping-rivera-ufc-127
Quote :
"You know, I take my job very, very seriously and I try to be a good
ambassador for the sport and a good role model for my children."
-Michael Bisping
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bisping Spits on Rivera's Corner   Michael Bisping Spits on Rivera's Corner - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 8:27 pm

OU wrote:
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/2/28/2020882/the-week-in-quotes-february-20th-26th-bisping-rivera-ufc-127
Quote :
"You know, I take my job very, very seriously and I try to be a good
ambassador for the sport and a good role model for my children."
-Michael Bisping

What a fucking idiot.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bisping Spits on Rivera's Corner   Michael Bisping Spits on Rivera's Corner - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 1:50 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bisping Spits on Rivera's Corner   Michael Bisping Spits on Rivera's Corner - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Michael Bisping Spits on Rivera's Corner
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next