Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Michael Bisping, Over hated, Or Underrated

Go down 
+8
KingsOwn19
chorky777
bobbitt15
Wolfgangsta
LA
OU
Andrew the Raider King
icebergsnoopy
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
icebergsnoopy
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Michael Bisping, Over hated, Or Underrated Empty
PostSubject: Michael Bisping, Over hated, Or Underrated   Michael Bisping, Over hated, Or Underrated EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 9:30 am

by Jason Kelly

A pale faced, pompous, resemblance of royalty is the stereotype for an accomplished British male, conveniently enough following suite with Michael Bisping’s characteristics, from the outside looking in that is. The moment he stepped on to the Ultimate Fighter television set, his egotism grew, as well as fans detest for Bisping.

Holding the title of the primary international TUF winner has been Bisping’s gift and curse, he won the show, knowing there would be a target on his back but, the target gets larger the more he opens his mouth. He is one of the last few TUF winners who paid their dues before accepting a request to join the cast and he executed his skills on the show to perfection. After capturing the TUF crown decisively, his skills attracted fighters to shut him down, they wanted knock off his buzz but, it was his mouth fighters wanted fasten following his coaching season on TUF 9, by then we had all witnessed his brash ways of presenting himself.

Dan Henderson, Bisping`s opposite coach during TUF 9, has been the sole person to finish Bisping, the Brit has only lost to Rashad Evans, Wanderlei Silva, and Henderson, that’s two legends and a legend in the making, while also owning 19 wins which were finishes for the most part. Bisping doesn’t get criticized often for boring fights, he’s just got a mug on him fighters want to distort, possibly being the reason he hasn’t strayed too far from Wolf`s Lair, the majority of his peers are not interested in training with the smug Bisping. Even though Bisping’s record reads 3 losses, I think it’s safe to say we all deem it to read 4 by way of his insupportable success over Matt Hamill, that’s the instance the extreme dislike seemed to amplify. Bisping handled a win he must have recognized was a loss, like an immature child, flaunting the victory.

Watching this man execute at his paramount is truly a delight, he dismissed Charles McCarthy marvellously and ran a train from end to end of the TUF house contenders, but with his shrewdness, I don’t foresee Michael Bisping ever attaining the acknowledgment he deserves as a fighter from the fans. He may be a gentleman to his friends but, from Oxford to UCLA, the bloke is hated, and even if he were to grasp the middleweight title one day, I still believe he will always be a combination of; over hated and underrated.

http://www.mmareligion.com/site2/?p=1002
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bisping, Over hated, Or Underrated   Michael Bisping, Over hated, Or Underrated EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 9:37 am

Umm I think the UFC/Zuffa wanted him to be the champ to pump European support, but he doesn't have what it takes. Though he has been more humble since getting the shit knocked out of him by Hendo, he is still a douche.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bisping, Over hated, Or Underrated   Michael Bisping, Over hated, Or Underrated EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 9:39 am

How about delusional?
http://www.mmamania.com/2010/10/7/1737162/michael-bisping-wanderlei-silva-knows-deep-down-inside-his-soul-that
Quote :
"I mean, I had a [loss] to Dan Henderson last year, you know, I made some mistakes. And, in hindsight, that was the best thing to ever happen to me. It made me go away and work hard on (finding) mistakes I was making. But other than the Dan Henderson fight, other than the bullshit decision to Wanderlei Silva, I don’t think I’ve lost any of the fights at middleweight. I got beat by Dan Henderson, and that’s it. You know, I feel I won the fight against Wanderlei, and other than Dan Henderson, I’ve never been beat at middleweight ... I’d love to avenge the loss to Wanderlei. I feel I beat him on that night, and I’d love to fight him again ... You know, I mean, Wanderlei asked for the rematch. I think if he wants a rematch, that’s because he knows deep down inside his soul that I beat him. I didn’t have a mark on me that night, and his face was quite totally messed up."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bisping, Over hated, Or Underrated   Michael Bisping, Over hated, Or Underrated EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 9:48 am

I had it 29-28 Wanderlei but it was close.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bisping, Over hated, Or Underrated   Michael Bisping, Over hated, Or Underrated EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 10:04 am

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
I had it 29-28 Wanderlei but it was close.

How can you really argue that hard when you ended the fight extremely dazed laying in the corner?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bisping, Over hated, Or Underrated   Michael Bisping, Over hated, Or Underrated EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 1:48 pm

Bisping would be better if he sat down on his punches. He can beat the Leben's of the world but crumbles against the elite.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bisping, Over hated, Or Underrated   Michael Bisping, Over hated, Or Underrated EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 2:18 pm

Overrated?

Agree there Ali but he also might get dropped more by commiting
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bisping, Over hated, Or Underrated   Michael Bisping, Over hated, Or Underrated EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 2:26 pm

LA wrote:
Overrated?

Agree there Ali but he also might get dropped more by commiting

That's possible but I've only seen Michael dropped by heavy handed guys. I can understand being cautious against the Hendo's of the world but he needs to be sitting down alot more when he's facing a Dan Miller.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bisping, Over hated, Or Underrated   Michael Bisping, Over hated, Or Underrated EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 2:34 pm

Yeah doubt Miller could straight KO him, but his weird uncommiting style protects him from getting countered and dropped, overall though yeah he'd be better if he sat down on his punches more.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bisping, Over hated, Or Underrated   Michael Bisping, Over hated, Or Underrated EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 5:02 pm

Bisping is criminally underrated and gets criticized for saying shit every other fighter also says. Happens to all British fighters. I think an aversion to the accent over there has evolved naturally in Americans.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bisping, Over hated, Or Underrated   Michael Bisping, Over hated, Or Underrated EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 5:28 pm

Can a guy that gets as much discussion as Bisping does despite never being top 10 in his division really be underrated?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bisping, Over hated, Or Underrated   Michael Bisping, Over hated, Or Underrated EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 7:12 pm

That is the problem, he is a top ten UFC MW, easily, skill for skill.
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bisping, Over hated, Or Underrated   Michael Bisping, Over hated, Or Underrated EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 7:58 pm

Agreed. Underrated.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bisping, Over hated, Or Underrated   Michael Bisping, Over hated, Or Underrated EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 7:59 pm

I agree with you Wolf, but it doesn't mean he doesn't come across as a douche. Sonnen is a douche, but he's an American doche!

border="0" alt="Flags" />

Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bisping, Over hated, Or Underrated   Michael Bisping, Over hated, Or Underrated EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 8:49 pm

They forgot the overrated option. The only reason for me to bash Bisping is that UFC treats him like a top contender when he's an ordinary, middle of the pack, sub top 10 fighter. They are looking for any excuse to give this guy a shot at the belt.

No way he got robbed against Wanderlei. See, American Judging has fucked the game up so much that when all a fighter achieves a lot of takedowns despite the fact that he was rocked and knocked down countless times as well as being outstruck the entire fight they actually think they won a fight. I don't know how anybody who took the whooping Bisping took in the fight thinks his takedowns should have won him the fight or be worth anything at all. To me, Takedowns should not mean dick unless they lead to something or if it's simply the only thing that happened in a fight worth scoring.

Takedown. Sleep. No points for you.
Takedown. Get back up. No points for you.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bisping, Over hated, Or Underrated   Michael Bisping, Over hated, Or Underrated EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 10:06 pm

He's wrong to think he got robbed I agree but I don't agree with the idea he doesn't have top ten skill, the MW division is not exceptional under any stretch of the imagination.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bisping, Over hated, Or Underrated   Michael Bisping, Over hated, Or Underrated EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 10:35 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
He's wrong to think he got robbed I agree but I don't agree with the idea he doesn't have top ten skill, the MW division is not exceptional under any stretch of the imagination.

According to you four out of five of the main divisions are sub par. We've heard the "no contenders left at 155", the "170 is hot garbage", the "185 isn't exceptional", and the "Heavyweight division is weak". Admittedly the last one isn't very far from the truth at all but this is getting old.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bisping, Over hated, Or Underrated   Michael Bisping, Over hated, Or Underrated EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 12:15 am

underhated
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bisping, Over hated, Or Underrated   Michael Bisping, Over hated, Or Underrated EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 12:17 am

UFC overate him
Public underate him

He's top 10 in my books but will never be top 3.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bisping, Over hated, Or Underrated   Michael Bisping, Over hated, Or Underrated EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 12:48 am

LudoCain wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

According to you four out of five of the main divisions are sub par. We've heard the "no contenders left at 155", the "170 is hot garbage", the "185 isn't exceptional", and the "Heavyweight division is weak". Admittedly the last one isn't very far from the truth at all but this is getting old.

You're misconstruing how I used those arguments.

The MW in the UFC is what I specifically referred to earlier, and that is what I meant here as well. Nate, Vitor, Chael and Anderson are the guys I don't think he'd beat but Palharas, Maia, and Okami are very winnable fights for him.

The WW division is hot garbage in the UFC. Christ Lytle is the most interesting fighter besides the increasingly bland GSP. Alves can't make weight, Fitch is a boremonster of suckage etc. There is Jake for after Kos gets done but what else is there?

The LW division in the UFC isn't totally out of contenders, but they're running low. I said that in the context of PPV ready challengers, and in questioning the logic behind saying 6-2 UFC Joe Lauzon isn't a worthy fight for a title contender in Sotiropoulos. Who is the number one behind Maynard? With Dunham's loss, Sherk's bad win, and possible George loss, who would be next in line? This is not the same as criticizing the entire division.

The HW division has a dearth of depth on the top 25 level, so splitting the weight class is a ridiculous idea, but HW is probably the best set contenderwise in both SF and the UFC right now.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bisping, Over hated, Or Underrated   Michael Bisping, Over hated, Or Underrated EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 1:00 am

It's tough to call divisions garbage when they consist of about 80% of the best fighters in the World in those divisions. So there's guys at the top of some of those divisions that are completely dominant, the divisions are still solid none the less.

Last edited by LA on Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bisping, Over hated, Or Underrated   Michael Bisping, Over hated, Or Underrated EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 1:02 am

On Bisping, maybe top 10 in the UFC MW division, but check it

In no order

Anderson
Sonnen
Nate
Vitor
Okami
Maia
Sheilds
Jacare
Hendo
Wandy
Santiago
Belcher
Leben
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bisping, Over hated, Or Underrated   Michael Bisping, Over hated, Or Underrated EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 2:14 am

Middleweight-

01. Anderson Silva
02. Vitor Belfort
03. Nate Marquardt
04. Demian Maia
05. Wanderlei Silva
06. Ronaldo Souza
07. Alan Belcher
08. Yushin Okami
09. Michael Bisping
10. Chris Leben

Chael Sonnen is off mine for taking steroids, Jake Shields is a Welterweight now and Dan Henderson a Light-Heavyweight.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bisping, Over hated, Or Underrated   Michael Bisping, Over hated, Or Underrated EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 2:25 am

I actually think MW is the deepest weight class across all the mainstream orgs with HW and nowadays FW coming close. There are more than 10 guys i can name that i think are flat out better than Bisping, and there is probably 5-10 more that i think are as good if not better than Bisping.

I hold Bisping in the same regard as Jason Miller. Solid all around but not great at anything and more like gatekeepers to the top 10...not guys that would actually possess a spot in the top 10 if they actually had to go through a top 10 fighter to get there. Actually, Bisping vs. Mayhem would be an awesome fight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bisping, Over hated, Or Underrated   Michael Bisping, Over hated, Or Underrated EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 2:29 am

MW is the worst in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bisping, Over hated, Or Underrated   Michael Bisping, Over hated, Or Underrated Empty

Back to top Go down

Michael Bisping, Over hated, Or Underrated
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next