Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kongo point deduction?

Go down 
+2
bobbitt15
timthebim
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Kongo point deduction? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kongo point deduction?   Kongo point deduction? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 2:08 am

Brown didn't cheat his ass off in the third and did get some takedowns. I also saw him land more clean punches. I'd have to see the numbers though and watch it again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Kongo point deduction?   Kongo point deduction? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 4:45 am

I kind of kept dozing off for a few seconds at a time throughout the fight because it was incredibly boring. I thought that Browne guy should have won the fight..but maybe Kongo scored some points after he knocked me out.

Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Kongo point deduction?   Kongo point deduction? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 12:19 pm

Kongo held his shorts all of the second and some in the first round. I heard the ref get on him in the second. That helped Kongo keep Browne on the fence a couple times in the second. Kongo should have lost that fight imo. He did enough grabbing of the shorts that I think he cheated. The point taken was well deserved. It is hard enough to grapple with a guy without him having extra leverage.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Kongo point deduction?   Kongo point deduction? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 12:26 pm

I also thought Browne won straight(ie b4 the point deduction).

Kongo def looked afraid to get hit, the Mir shot is in his head.

I thought Browne looked OK. He's a big guy that has pretty fluid standup(Kongo looked very stiff in comparison), and has KO power. Yeah he swings wild, drops his hands, and gassed out late, but I do think their is something to work with there. Still very young.

And though Kongo does not have great takedowns he has shown an ability to get certain guys down, but Browne was able to stuff his attempts. That may not be a big thing, but it's something.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Kongo point deduction?   Kongo point deduction? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 1:34 pm

captain organic wrote:

I thought Browne looked OK. He's a big guy that has pretty fluid standup(Kongo looked very stiff in comparison), and has KO power. Yeah he swings wild, drops his hands, and gassed out late, but I do think their is something to work with there. Still very young.

And though Kongo does not have great takedowns he has shown an ability to get certain guys down, but Browne was able to stuff his attempts. That may not be a big thing, but it's something.

My opinion mirrors the above.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Kongo point deduction?   Kongo point deduction? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 1:39 pm

Guess I have to watch the fight again. Thought Kongo won the 2nd easily and I don't remember Browne doing a damn thing in the 3rd round, he was visibly gassed
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Kongo point deduction?   Kongo point deduction? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 1:42 pm

I'm not that sold on Browne, he still looks like a club fighter.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Kongo point deduction?   Kongo point deduction? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 2:21 pm

Browne looked like shit. He seemingly had no skills. Just very active and agressive for about 5 minutes. He seems like the Al Turk type that Kongo should destroy but i had Browne winning the fight.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Kongo point deduction?   Kongo point deduction? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 2:44 pm

I thought Kongo won. He fought like shit but I thought he deserved the UD.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Kongo point deduction?   Kongo point deduction? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 2:46 pm

Well he didn't deserve it given the point deduction though
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Kongo point deduction?   Kongo point deduction? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 4:06 pm

He deserved to lose, regardless of whether Browne actually won, which he probably did.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Kongo point deduction?   Kongo point deduction? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 4:10 pm

It deserved to be a draw given that it was possibly the worst HW fight of the year in the UFC. Neither man should have left feeling like a winner
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Kongo point deduction?   Kongo point deduction? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 8:17 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
captain organic wrote:

My opinion mirrors the above.

Browne gassed a little bit because of the short grabbing by Kongo. If any of you watch the fight a second time you will see what I am talking about. Kongo held his shorts up to 20 times in that fight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kongo point deduction?   Kongo point deduction? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kongo point deduction?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2