Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kongo point deduction?

Go down 
+2
bobbitt15
timthebim
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

Kongo point deduction? Empty
PostSubject: Kongo point deduction?   Kongo point deduction? EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 11:54 pm

What do u guys think about it? I thought it was a BS call and cost Kongo a much needed win. I know u arent supposed to hold on to the other fighters shorts but really? That ref took a point away in a very close fight and I was just surprised if nothing else.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Kongo point deduction?   Kongo point deduction? EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 12:02 am

Didn't have a problem with it. The fact that he kept doing it just showed how big of a mental midget this guy is in the cage. He's finished (not that he was ever really started)
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Kongo point deduction?   Kongo point deduction? EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 12:04 am

I just thought it was a real shitty call in a very close fight. Bobbitt do ever recall this being called in a fight? I cant think of 1?
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Kongo point deduction?   Kongo point deduction? EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 12:09 am

good deduction. sooner or later the ref was going to need to take a point away, cause Kongo kept doing it.

Much needed win? 4 what? Dude aiin't making no title run. He looked straight lousy out there. he's not even a legit gate keeper.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Kongo point deduction?   Kongo point deduction? EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 12:10 am

captain organic wrote:
good deduction. sooner or later the ref was going to need to take a point away, cause Kongo kept doing it.

Much needed win? 4 what? Dude aiin't making no title run. He looked straight lousy out there. he's not even a legit gate keeper.

To keep his job.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Kongo point deduction?   Kongo point deduction? EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 12:17 am

Kongo should go fight in Japan or something. Either that or go get taken down and pounded on by Konrad. He has nothing left to offer the UFC. His striking doesn't even look good anymore, he's consistently on the verge of getting points taken away, and even when he has a clearly gassed fighter he'd rather clinch against the cage then separate and finish
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Kongo point deduction?   Kongo point deduction? EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 12:20 am

I think he was gassed himself but u maybe right Bobbitt maybe he doesnt have much left for the UFC right now, but I did think he deserved the win tonight.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Kongo point deduction?   Kongo point deduction? EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 12:23 am

Even if he did deserve the win that doesn't mean much. This Browne dude looks like a massive pile of shit
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Kongo point deduction?   Kongo point deduction? EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 12:24 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
Even if he did deserve the win that doesn't mean much. This Browne dude looks like a massive pile of shit

Tough for me to argue against that LOL.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Kongo point deduction?   Kongo point deduction? EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 12:26 am

Was Kongo this cautious on the feet before Mir dropped him like a mofo? This is like 2-3 fights now where he almost seems afraid of getting hit. Not good for a dude that brings nothing to the table but his standup and the threat of a takedown against the 5% of people that have worse takedown games than he does
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Kongo point deduction?   Kongo point deduction? EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 12:27 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
Was Kongo this cautious on the feet before Mir dropped him like a mofo? This is like 2-3 fights now where he almost seems afraid of getting hit. Not good for a dude that brings nothing to the table but his standup and the threat of a takedown against the 5% of people that have worse takedown games than he does

I think he is alittle gun shy now because of the Mir fight but it didnt help that early in this fight he got rocked again.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Kongo point deduction?   Kongo point deduction? EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 1:03 am

Kongo would have won an undeserved decision. Browne deserved that win. 10-9(8 with deduction) is probably what I would have scored for Brown anyway, but at the very least the last round was a draw. Which would still make it 10-9.

Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Kongo point deduction?   Kongo point deduction? EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 1:05 am

See I thought Kongo won the 2nd and 3rd and deserved a close decision win.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Kongo point deduction?   Kongo point deduction? EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 1:15 am

He won the second big but no way would I score him the last round, especially since any control he was maintaining was partially because of his illegal holding of the shorts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Kongo point deduction?   Kongo point deduction? EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 1:18 am

Well that could be a bigger key to the fight than I am giving it credit for but I thought as little as Kongo did Browne did absolutely nothing in the 3rd.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kongo point deduction?   Kongo point deduction? EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 1:27 am

I had no issue with it, the ref warned Congo multiple times.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Kongo point deduction?   Kongo point deduction? EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 1:31 am

I just hate to see fights decided like that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kongo point deduction?   Kongo point deduction? EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 1:34 am

timthebim wrote:
I just hate to see fights decided like that.

What I want to know is how the buck did it end up a draw ?? Didn't Browne win at least two rounds ?
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Kongo point deduction?   Kongo point deduction? EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 1:35 am

No the judges gave the 2nd and 3rd to Kongo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kongo point deduction?   Kongo point deduction? EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 1:36 am

timthebim wrote:
No the judges gave the 2nd and 3rd to Kongo.

How can you give the third to Kongo when he's a point down, ugh more horrible judging.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Kongo point deduction?   Kongo point deduction? EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 1:38 am

Thats what made the round even and made it a draw. Kongo won 10-9 but lost a point and made it 9-9. Browne won the first and Kongo won the second.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kongo point deduction?   Kongo point deduction? EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 1:43 am

timthebim wrote:
Thats what made the round even and made it a draw. Kongo won 10-9 but lost a point and made it 9-9. Browne won the first and Kongo won the second.

See I had that round for Browne.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Kongo point deduction?   Kongo point deduction? EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 1:44 am

Yeah there wasnt a ton to judge on in that round although I had it for Kongo.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Kongo point deduction?   Kongo point deduction? EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 1:47 am

I thought Kongo won the 2nd and 3rd rounds pretty easily. Browne didn't do anything
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Kongo point deduction?   Kongo point deduction? EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 1:48 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
I thought Kongo won the 2nd and 3rd rounds pretty easily. Browne didn't do anything

Same here Bobbitt. I didnt think Kongo did a ton in the 3rd but Browne did nothing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kongo point deduction?   Kongo point deduction? Empty

Back to top Go down

Kongo point deduction?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next