Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor?

Go down 
+16
LTFG
Bigs03
chorky777
Andrew the Raider King
EliteAcidBurn
OU
captain organic
SOKO
Jruq
Farmer1906
NoRegret
KingsOwn19
bobbitt15
CombatSports4Life
oggy420
LA
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Anderson Silva
What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor? Vote_lcap9%What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor? Vote_rcap
 9% [ 3 ]
Brock Lesnar
What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor? Vote_lcap52%What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor? Vote_rcap
 52% [ 17 ]
Josh Barnett
What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor? Vote_lcap3%What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor? Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Lyoto Machida
What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor? Vote_lcap24%What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor? Vote_rcap
 24% [ 8 ]
Randy Couture
What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor? Vote_lcap3%What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor? Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Alistair Overreem
 3% [ 1 ]
Brett Rogers
What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor? Vote_lcap0%What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Other
What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor? Vote_lcap6%What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor? Vote_rcap
 6% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 33

AuthorMessage
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor? Empty
PostSubject: What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor?   What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 1:31 am

I'm curious to whom we all collectively think is Fedor's biggest threat, and it doesn't simply have to be a HW

Some guys I put on there just cause, if u pick other then post who the fighter is.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor?   What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 1:35 am

Silva
Back to top Go down
CombatSports4Life
Green Belt
Green Belt
CombatSports4Life

Favorite Fighter(s) : FEDOR

PostSubject: Re: What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor?   What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 2:07 am

Lesnar because the size and wrestling combo would be a tough match for him.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor?   What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 2:18 am

Brock
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor?   What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 2:21 am

The Super Shredder.

Kidding.

THE DRAGON VIA UNANIMOUS DECISION
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor?   What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 6:31 am

Lesnar.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor?   What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 8:20 am

I wanna say Silva but I feel like Fedor would get it to the ground and keep it there/finish the fight so I'll go with Machida. He just cannot be touched.
Back to top Go down
Jruq
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jruq

PostSubject: Re: What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor?   What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 8:26 am

I like Machida in this one with Brock a really close second and Spider third. Fedor has shown some weakness against smaller quick guys. Unlike with almost all other Fedor matchups, Machida would have a distinct speed advantage and with his amazing footwork and take down defense, he probably wouldn't have to spend time on his back.

Loyoto by ghost-like elusiveness and draconian sorcery.

Urine. It's all about drinkability. drunken
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor?   What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 8:51 am

machida and brock. wtf did I just pick brock to win a fight. oh well I guess its time to be realistic.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor?   What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 9:20 am

Gotta go Brock. Of the 3 most intersting challengers, Machida, Silva, and Brock, Lesnar is the only guy who would have both a big size adv. and an adv. on the ground vs Fedor. Fedor has both those adv's over the other 2. Typically it's pretty hard to overcome both of those advantages.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor?   What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 9:39 am

Captain America would win the rematch, I said it the day after the 1st fight and still believe it. Randy will beat Brock if they fight again.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor?   What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 9:47 am

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Captain America would win the rematch, I said it the day after the 1st fight and still believe it. Randy will beat Brock if they fight again.

The question is "who vs Fedor?"

But I think you're crazy, Brock is getting better, Randy is only getting older.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor?   What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 9:51 am

captain organic wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

The question is "who vs Fedor?"

But I think you're crazy, Brock is getting better, Randy is only getting older.

Ha ha damn I guess I haven't woke up yet. Need to shake those cob webs out. But yeah I stand by Randy over Brock. But not Fedor.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor?   What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 9:52 am

My answer to the Fedor question is Machida.
Back to top Go down
EliteAcidBurn
Green Belt
Green Belt
EliteAcidBurn

Favorite Fighter(s) : GSP

PostSubject: Re: What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor?   What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 12:20 pm

much as it makes me want to vomit...I have to pick Brock the Cock
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor?   What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 2:01 pm

I think the Spider would have a punchers chance, I think the Dragon would too, I believe that Randy would Jedi mind trick his ass. But Brock wins by taking him down and humping him to death!
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor?   What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 2:08 pm

I must be missing something here. Why are so many picking Machida over the Spider? I feel like Anderson's a better striker and is as elusive as Machida. Am I wrong?
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor?   What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 2:13 pm

chorky777 wrote:
I must be missing something here. Why are so many picking Machida over the Spider? I feel like Anderson's a better striker and is as elusive as Machida. Am I wrong?

Cus we are discussing who could beat Fredo the Tomato Can Killer.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor?   What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 2:18 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
chorky777 wrote:

you take Fedor hating to a new level, no respect.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor?   What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 2:23 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
chorky777 wrote:

I don't hate him. I just don't think he is all that. I mean for Christ Sake, certain individuals tried pumping up Hong Man Choi as a viable opponent Sooner. I do have him ranked first in his division, if that helps.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor?   What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 2:29 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
chorky777 wrote:

I don't hate him. I just don't think he is all that. I mean for Christ Sake, certain individuals tried pumping up Hong Man Choi as a viable opponent Sooner. I do have him ranked first in his division, if that helps.

I use to hate on Fedor for not fighting legit guys all the time, just ask Bigs. When we first started talking MMA awhile back I would talk about his lack of recent competition until I was blue in the face. I would say things like, Yes he use to be the best, but you need to prove your the best on a regular basis, you have to prove you still deserve to be called the best. Since then Fedor has stepped up the competition for sure and shut my mouth in the process. I never said he wasn't the best I just wanted him to prove he deserves to stay on top.
Back to top Go down
Jruq
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jruq

PostSubject: Re: What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor?   What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 2:47 pm

chorky777 wrote:
Silva has the reach, height and power. They are both impossible to hit when they feel like it, so that may be a wash, but it's Machida's take down defense, and sumo that make me think he would match up better with Fedor. I think Fedor would be able to take down Silva down and hurt him, while Machida could keep the fight standing more easily.
Back to top Go down
Jruq
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jruq

PostSubject: Re: What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor?   What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 2:51 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
chorky777 wrote:

You're pretty funny Andrew. You don't think he's all that, but you still think he's the best heavyweight in the world.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor?   What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 4:12 pm

First off, wow, 12 votes for Brock and more votes for Lyoto than Anderson. Also, the only fighters recieving votes so far are in the UFC.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor?   What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 4:38 pm

Brock, I'd love to see Anderson fight Fedor also, though.

As far as Machida...his body of work is nothing compared to those two guys. I need to see him dominate for awhile before I consider him a worthy opponent to Fedor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor?   What fighter would have the best chance at beating Fedor? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next