Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever?

Go down 
+15
OU
Andrew the Raider King
Bigs03
captain organic
muayjitsu
Wolfgangsta
GDPofDRC
Ninja
bobbitt15
GolbeZ
acccardinal12
KingsOwn19
Farmer1906
timthebim
LA
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever?
GSP
What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? Vote_lcap44%What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? Vote_rcap
 44% [ 12 ]
Anderson Silva
What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? Vote_lcap22%What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? Vote_rcap
 22% [ 6 ]
Lyoto Machida
What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? Vote_lcap15%What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? Vote_rcap
 15% [ 4 ]
BJ Penn
What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? Vote_lcap4%What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Brock Lesnar
What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? Vote_lcap0%What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Cain
What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? Vote_lcap0%What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Other
 0% [ 0 ]
No one will ever pass Fedor
What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? Vote_lcap15%What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? Vote_rcap
 15% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 27

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? Empty
PostSubject: What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever?   What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 7:17 pm

As always if you pick other post the fighter

With Brock being on there, relax, if he went unbeaten the rest of his career and beat Fedor in doing so, there could be an argument at very least.

Cain's on there because of ridiculous potential
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever?   What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 7:22 pm

I took Machida because if he runs through the LHW division beating Shogun again, Rampage, and then somehow fought and beat Spider he would have potential to move to HW. Then if he fought and somehow won the HW title I think he would be in the arguement of best ever. Alot of ifs but he has the best chance to me.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever?   What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 7:25 pm

Not only do I think GSP can, but I'm pretty sure he will.

He's already cleared out the division twice and is about to move up to MW so he can fight the top contenders there.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever?   What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 7:28 pm

That's a tough one. Right now with Lyoto being undefeated...i say Dragon.

GSP a close second. Penn 3rd.

Anderson has been touched too many times by fairly average fighters to be conidered somebody who can touch Fedor in the greatness department.

I really don't see Brock fighting long enough. I can see him stopping at around 10-11 fights because he's already in his mid 30's and not all that active anyway even before the illness

A lot of this depends on how Fedor goes out. If he retires with only 1 loss, it will be hard to imagine anybody overtaking him in the near future. If he retires with 2-3 losses, than GSP, BJ and Anderson will be in that discussion...but as of now...Machida is the only one who has a long running streak of ownage and can soon challenge Fedor if he keeps it up.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever?   What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 7:36 pm

I voted Fedor. Machida was close, but I can't say anyone will top a guy with over 30 wins and no losses until they get close to it. Wonder how long this thread lasts before Wolf tosses it in the trash and Farmer pats his rear end for doing so?
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever?   What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 7:44 pm

we do not speak of anyone greater than fedor around these parts... daddy beats us.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever?   What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 8:36 pm

Machida is the front runner becuase he's unbeaten, but Anderson, GSP even BJ have a shot.

GSP already has a great resume, if he stays unbeaten at WW and went up to MW and say beat Anderson, I could see it being him.

Anderson may have lost early in his career, but he's on a tear and if he keeps it rollin with Maia, Sonnen, Vitor, then fought GSP and won or fought the LHW Champ, I could see it being Anderson.

BJ would have to go on a crazy run at LW and win a couple at WW, but he's at a disadvantage due to GSP.

Brock honestly, if he went unbeaten the rest of his career, beating Carwin, Mir, Cain, Dos, and then Fedor himself, there could be an argument for him.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever?   What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 8:40 pm

I would go GSP. I see Machida losing a few fights over the course of his career and GSP already has two wins over BJ. With Anderson it will depend on how long he continues to fight
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever?   What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 8:43 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Machida is the front runner becuase he's unbeaten, but Anderson, GSP even BJ have a shot.

GSP already has a great resume, if he stays unbeaten at WW and went up to MW and say beat Anderson, I could see it being him.

Anderson may have lost early in his career, but he's on a tear and if he keeps it rollin with Maia, Sonnen, Vitor, then fought GSP and won or fought the LHW Champ, I could see it being Anderson.

BJ would have to go on a crazy run at LW and win a couple at WW, but he's at a disadvantage due to GSP.

Brock honestly, if he went unbeaten the rest of his career, beating Carwin, Mir, Cain, Dos, and then Fedor himself, there could be an argument for him.

Of course, if he went 11-1 or something with a win aganst Fedor...that would put him in the discussion for sure. He is in the UFC though. They don't really like guys retiring on top with the airtight champions clause and exclusive rights. They are firm believers in passing or losing the torch. I don't see him retiring without losing again.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever?   What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 8:45 pm

Fedor has never been Matt Serra'ed or Ryo Chonan'ed.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever?   What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 8:45 pm

I go GSP because of what I think of him as a fighter. I want to go BJ because I believe 155 is the most talent stacked, competitive division in the sports short history. But it's GSP for me. He is complete in his game as any fighter has ever been and seems like he will continue to dominate and eventually become a mainstay as the p4p #1 fighter for a substantial amount of time.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever?   What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 8:46 pm

Ninja\Rua/Fan wrote:
Fedor has never been Matt Serra'ed or Ryo Chonan'ed.

It's true but at this point in GSP's career I don't think that eliminates him from having a chance to be considered the greatest ever.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever?   What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 8:48 pm

Yeah I don't think those losses kill their chances, but they do hurt them, either still could do it.

This is why Machida has the best chance, and he'd be beating some great fighters to do it.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever?   What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 8:50 pm

A reclamation of extended dominance in LHW would be hard to ignore, that has always been a top division as well.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever?   What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 9:58 pm

Fedor fights only losers and all his top ten wins don't count because Dana said so.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever?   What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 10:16 pm

I am not surprised all the GSP huggers on here voted him. I say Penn because he has that dynamic where he is fun to watch and skilled in a way nobody has ever been able to achieve. GSP is an awesome dominate champ like anderson and what not. GSP is like a better skilled Matt hughes(not saying thats a bad thing) and we seen this before. My heart says Cain but I went with BJ cause he will go back up to WW and beat GSP.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever?   What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 10:20 pm

muayjitsu wrote:
I am not surprised all the GSP huggers on here voted him. I say Penn because he has that dynamic where he is fun to watch and skilled in a way nobody has ever been able to achieve. GSP is an awesome dominate champ like anderson and what not. GSP is like a better skilled Matt hughes(not saying thats a bad thing) and we seen this before. My heart says Cain but I went with BJ cause he will go back up to WW and beat GSP.

I am far from a GSP nuthugger. I am a Hughes fan, but it is painfully obvious GSP is amazing. He has clearly shown why BJ has no business even being in this poll. He has ripped through one of the deepest divisions in MMA and he's only 28. He's about to go through another division.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever?   What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 10:44 pm

What division is he gonna rip through???
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever?   What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 10:50 pm

muayjitsu wrote:
What division is he gonna rip through???

I was thinking that earlier. I think he will do well, but I don't think he will manhandle the MW division. It's like BJ going up to WW, there will always be close to a handful of guys that can beat him.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever?   What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 10:55 pm

I can understand why people pick GSP because he is a great athlete. I just to think he is special. I mean think of fedor he is a stone faced unassuming killer. Thats what makes him so great he doesnt play it safe he just wins. GSP plays it to safe and is trying to hard to be a perfect role model that he feels robotic to me. Kinda how now everyone is mad at Tiger Woods cause he proved to be a human man and not some super human like he tried to portray.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever?   What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 11:07 pm

I went spider because of his success at the higher weight, and the potential of that continuing. But I also think he is the most talented guy on that list.

GSP would be my 2nd choice because of his age, dude is already dominant and still young.

I think Fedor is passable because for a good chunk of his prime he was not fighting at the top of the hill.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever?   What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 12:46 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Fedor fights only losers and all his top ten wins don't count because Dana said so.

So? Are you voting Lesnar or what?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever?   What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 12:47 am

Wolfy is secretly a Brock fan
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever?   What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 1:42 am

Great topic LA,

I go with GSP and for me it's not even close. It's been quite a while since GSP has even been challenged in the cage and all the while he's been fighting great opponents.

Anderson would be my second but he would have to dominate the LHW division to become greatest ever. The MW division just isn't strong enough to warrant such a distinction.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever?   What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 2:59 am

Only two others voted for The Spider? I guess that reason alone precludes him from being seen as the greatest ever, regardless of whether he actually ever might be.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever?   What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next