Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

FEDOR VS ROGERS

Go down 
+15
EliteAcidBurn
GDPofDRC
SOKO
CombatSports4Life
KingsOwn19
CainVelasquezFan
discovery99
Wolfgangsta
captain organic
LA
oggy420
JimboJones1
OU
NoRegret
Farmer1906
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

FEDOR VS ROGERS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FEDOR VS ROGERS   FEDOR VS ROGERS - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 12:12 am

It does NOTHING for Strikeforce's "credibility" to market Overeem over Fedor, Fedor is the undisputed MMA HW champion and the original unbroken UFC HW title lineage rests with Fedor though Couture's loss to Overeem, who lost to Nog, who lost to Fedor. He is the Pride HW champion. Those titles don't die. They exist in the minds and hearts of all the fans. Fedor is champion, weather Strikeforce recognizes him as one or not.

He is the best fighter in history and should be treated as champion in all fights he is in. Alistair I lost seven fights in 24 months Overeem should never ever be treated better than Fedor.

Also, Overeem will never fight Fedor in the US. I believe that hand injury was over stated so Overeem could get out of defending in the US. Before Strikeforce blew up Alistair made it clear he didn't have much interest in fighting for them again. He's juiced up incredibly and like Barnett has to understand if you're fighting the Emperor you can't do it on just what god/genetics gave you. Overeem wants this fight in Japan. He's a dirty fighter. He probably won't ever defend his strikeforce title. If anyone chases cans it's Alistair.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: FEDOR VS ROGERS   FEDOR VS ROGERS - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 12:13 am

Yeah Kongo Kings, much better standup, are u even gonna try and debate this? Kongo has like top 5 standup among HW's, and what is Grimm's strength? Kongo isn't a glass jaw like AA, I'd say even with below average wrestling skills, he's more well rounded then Grimm, what are you going off the fact he was outwrestled by Cain? He's one of the best HWs in terms of wrestling.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: FEDOR VS ROGERS   FEDOR VS ROGERS - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 12:53 am

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Yeah Kongo Kings, much better standup, are u even gonna try and debate this? Kongo has like top 5 standup among HW's, and what is Grimm's strength? Kongo isn't a glass jaw like AA, I'd say even with below average wrestling skills, he's more well rounded then Grimm, what are you going off the fact he was outwrestled by Cain? He's one of the best HWs in terms of wrestling.

LOL. Poor AA. He gets dropped by total HEAT and people bitch about his chin. Kongo would be on his ass after a flurry that AA took.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: FEDOR VS ROGERS   FEDOR VS ROGERS - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 1:03 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
It does NOTHING for Strikeforce's "credibility" to market Overeem over Fedor, Fedor is the undisputed MMA HW champion and the original unbroken UFC HW title lineage rests with Fedor though Couture's loss to Overeem, who lost to Nog, who lost to Fedor. He is the Pride HW champion. Those titles don't die. They exist in the minds and hearts of all the fans. Fedor is champion, weather Strikeforce recognizes him as one or not.

He is the best fighter in history and should be treated as champion in all fights he is in. Alistair I lost seven fights in 24 months Overeem should never ever be treated better than Fedor.

Also, Overeem will never fight Fedor in the US. I believe that hand injury was over stated so Overeem could get out of defending in the US. Before Strikeforce blew up Alistair made it clear he didn't have much interest in fighting for them again. He's juiced up incredibly and like Barnett has to understand if you're fighting the Emperor you can't do it on just what god/genetics gave you. Overeem wants this fight in Japan. He's a dirty fighter. He probably won't ever defend his strikeforce title. If anyone chases cans it's Alistair.

Actually, i did not say market it OVER Fedor. I just said put it after Fedor. Im not talking about OVEREEM VS. WERDUM plus fedor emelianenko in action. Just saying market that as a big deal as well. Having it on the midcard to Carano vs. Cyborg was not smart imo. Now that Fedor is on board, you need to HYPE THE SHIT OUT OF THESE GUYS. Im just putting my hype machine cap on.

What i mainly want out of this is for Strikeforce to grow and making it about one guy, one girl is not going to help that. They need to hype Fedor for his accomplishments and the reputed best HW ever, but you need to be able to build your shows on the strength on more than one fighter for it to succeed and respect your titles, especially when people think they are a joke at the moment with guys like Overeem and Cung Le never defending.

Fedor is main eventing the show. Im just saying what i would like to see.
Back to top Go down
CombatSports4Life
Green Belt
Green Belt
CombatSports4Life

Favorite Fighter(s) : FEDOR

PostSubject: Re: FEDOR VS ROGERS   FEDOR VS ROGERS - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 1:31 am

Man this fight is going to be tough. Match up wise it just scares me I'm sorry because of Rogers power. Of course I think Fedor is going to win but I'm surprised SF puts Fedor up against Rogers right off the bat with all the money they have riding on him.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: FEDOR VS ROGERS   FEDOR VS ROGERS - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 8:53 am

cant fuckin wait this is the one I have been waiting to see.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: FEDOR VS ROGERS   FEDOR VS ROGERS - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 9:01 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

Actually, i did not say market it OVER Fedor. I just said put it after Fedor. Im not talking about OVEREEM VS. WERDUM plus fedor emelianenko in action. Just saying market that as a big deal as well. Having it on the midcard to Carano vs. Cyborg was not smart imo. Now that Fedor is on board, you need to HYPE THE SHIT OUT OF THESE GUYS. Im just putting my hype machine cap on.

What i mainly want out of this is for Strikeforce to grow and making it about one guy, one girl is not going to help that. They need to hype Fedor for his accomplishments and the reputed best HW ever, but you need to be able to build your shows on the strength on more than one fighter for it to succeed and respect your titles, especially when people think they are a joke at the moment with guys like Overeem and Cung Le never defending.

I think you both have a point, Wolf's is a bit stronger. My solution would be to put them on seperate cards. They are expecting at least 2, maybe 3 more fights this year.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: FEDOR VS ROGERS   FEDOR VS ROGERS - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 9:14 am

CombatSports4Life wrote:
Man this fight is going to be tough. Match up wise it just scares me I'm sorry because of Rogers power. Of course I think Fedor is going to win but I'm surprised SF puts Fedor up against Rogers right off the bat with all the money they have riding on him.

I agree that Roger's has a legit puncher's chance, but if Strikeforce needs to protect Fedor, then what is all this p4p goat talk? Conversely they might be trying to protect Rogers here. IE get him in against Fedor while he is still undefeated.

One also needs to know just what the terms of Fedor's contract are. How much is M-1 paying? Do they pay less if Fedor doesn't fight 3 times in that 1 year?

And if Rogers does win it gives a huge boost to a guy who I assume will be with SF longer then Fedor will. It would also set up a rematch which can be fullfilled within Fedor's contract.

But I think the fear of Roger's power is what makes this a legit 1st fight for Fedor.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: FEDOR VS ROGERS   FEDOR VS ROGERS - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 11:47 am

captain organic wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

I think you both have a point, Wolf's is a bit stronger. My solution would be to put them on seperate cards. They are expecting at least 2, maybe 3 more fights this year.

I hear ya. I did not know they had shows for October and November. They should put Overeem vs. Werdum on the October card...also, it was just a thought i was throwing around.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: FEDOR VS ROGERS   FEDOR VS ROGERS - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 11:59 am

I'm gonna go out on a limb.. Fedor wins like this.
https://2img.net/h/oi30.tinypic.com/2vhxaox.jpg
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
EliteAcidBurn
Green Belt
Green Belt
EliteAcidBurn

Favorite Fighter(s) : GSP

PostSubject: Re: FEDOR VS ROGERS   FEDOR VS ROGERS - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 12:18 pm

yea i agree Rogers will be subbed for sure
Back to top Go down
MikeyLikesIt
White Belt
White Belt

PostSubject: Re: FEDOR VS ROGERS   FEDOR VS ROGERS - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 12:44 pm

This fight scares me a bit as a Fedor fan because Rogers is still kind of an unknown. Hasn't really been tested but could do damage. And it wouldn't SHOCK me if Fedor lost. Just think of the past year of guys who were upset. Werdum to Dos Santos. Nog to Mir. Rampage to Forrest. The list goes on and I think it COULD happen.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: FEDOR VS ROGERS   FEDOR VS ROGERS - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 1:56 pm

I am rooting for Rogers, but he loses by kneebar in the first!
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: FEDOR VS ROGERS   FEDOR VS ROGERS - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 2:07 pm

Fedor via 2nd round submission.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: FEDOR VS ROGERS   FEDOR VS ROGERS - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 4:32 pm

I think Fedor will knock him out. Rogers isn't fast enough to get to Fedor...or crafty enough.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: FEDOR VS ROGERS   FEDOR VS ROGERS - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 4:39 pm

Bigs03 wrote:
I think Fedor will knock him out. Rogers isn't fast enough to get to Fedor...or crafty enough.

I doubt to KOs him but I could see him landing a punch that sets up a sub like he did vs Timmy.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: FEDOR VS ROGERS   FEDOR VS ROGERS - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 4:41 pm

I see it like this, Rogers comes out aggressive and gets caught, goes down and gets beat on.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: FEDOR VS ROGERS   FEDOR VS ROGERS - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 5:04 pm

captain organic wrote:
excellent. IMO the most intriguing of the Strikeforce match ups. I don't care what you all say, but it is not in Fedor's interest to keep this fight standing.

LOL, Private... You are teatering dangerously close to a formal request to Ninja to change your handle to Captain No Shit or Captain Obvious...
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: FEDOR VS ROGERS   FEDOR VS ROGERS - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 5:22 pm

Am I the only person here that thinks of the current options for Fedor, Grim is probably the most tailor made for him to crush? I mean we all know that any striker has that punchers chance, but I don't see where this guy has any advantage therefore almost no chance to win this fight, no less make it competitive. I'd rather see Werdum, Monson, Overeem, Buentello... Shit, I'd rather see Lindland again...
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: FEDOR VS ROGERS   FEDOR VS ROGERS - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 5:27 pm

LTFG, Thats funny! Why do you think Finky was wanting him for the replacement in Affliction? Like most of his fights, tailor made to staying undefeated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FEDOR VS ROGERS   FEDOR VS ROGERS - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

FEDOR VS ROGERS
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2