Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

FEDOR VS ROGERS

Go down 
+15
EliteAcidBurn
GDPofDRC
SOKO
CombatSports4Life
KingsOwn19
CainVelasquezFan
discovery99
Wolfgangsta
captain organic
LA
oggy420
JimboJones1
OU
NoRegret
Farmer1906
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

FEDOR VS ROGERS Empty
PostSubject: FEDOR VS ROGERS   FEDOR VS ROGERS EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 4:43 pm

Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

FEDOR VS ROGERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FEDOR VS ROGERS   FEDOR VS ROGERS EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 4:44 pm

FEDOR VS ROGERS Fedor_medium
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

FEDOR VS ROGERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FEDOR VS ROGERS   FEDOR VS ROGERS EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 4:44 pm

isnt MMA illegal in New York?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

FEDOR VS ROGERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FEDOR VS ROGERS   FEDOR VS ROGERS EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 4:47 pm

NoRegret wrote:
isnt MMA illegal in New York?

Unless I'm reading it wrong, the fight was announced in NY during his open workout.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

FEDOR VS ROGERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FEDOR VS ROGERS   FEDOR VS ROGERS EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 4:50 pm

it says "to fight at Fedor's public workout in NYC" I believe that is false information because you cannot legally have an MMA fight in New York, if that is what it is implying.
Back to top Go down
JimboJones1
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

FEDOR VS ROGERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FEDOR VS ROGERS   FEDOR VS ROGERS EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 4:58 pm

Fedor by whatever he chooses. Rogers only chance is to land a haymaker, which won't happen.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

FEDOR VS ROGERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FEDOR VS ROGERS   FEDOR VS ROGERS EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 4:58 pm

no fedor had an open workout today in nyc where coker mase the announcement of the fight.

Fedor by armbar round 1
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

FEDOR VS ROGERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FEDOR VS ROGERS   FEDOR VS ROGERS EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 5:00 pm

NoRegret wrote:
it says "to fight at Fedor's public workout in NYC" I believe that is false information because you cannot legally have an MMA fight in New York, if that is what it is implying.

If you use the 1st line as a headline then it makes sense.

FEDOR VS ROGERS Fedor_medium
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

FEDOR VS ROGERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FEDOR VS ROGERS   FEDOR VS ROGERS EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 5:12 pm

Lets get these 3 fights over already, give Fedor Grimm, Werdum and Overreem in the same night
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

FEDOR VS ROGERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FEDOR VS ROGERS   FEDOR VS ROGERS EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 5:24 pm

excellent. IMO the most intriguing of the Strikeforce match ups. I don't care what you all say, but it is not in Fedor's interest to keep this fight standing.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

FEDOR VS ROGERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FEDOR VS ROGERS   FEDOR VS ROGERS EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 5:27 pm

captain organic wrote:
excellent. IMO the most intriguing of the Strikeforce match ups. I don't care what you all say, but it is not in Fedor's interest to keep this fight standing.

Please don't type cast us all here. Obviously it's not in your best interest to play into your opponents strengths.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

FEDOR VS ROGERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FEDOR VS ROGERS   FEDOR VS ROGERS EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 5:50 pm

I guess SF realizes Rogers is probably the easiest for Fedor to take out and is trying to set up a bigger 2nd and 3rd fight with Overeem and/or Werdum because they have more than a punchers chance....kind of
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

FEDOR VS ROGERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FEDOR VS ROGERS   FEDOR VS ROGERS EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 6:01 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
I guess SF realizes Rogers is probably the easiest for Fedor to take out and is trying to set up a bigger 2nd and 3rd fight with Overeem and/or Werdum because they have more than a punchers chance....kind of

I tend to think the MUCH bigger Rogers is a MUCH tougher match up then Werdum. Hard to make a judgement concerning the newly humungous Overeem cause he so rarely fights.
Back to top Go down
discovery99
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
discovery99

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ Penn

FEDOR VS ROGERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FEDOR VS ROGERS   FEDOR VS ROGERS EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 6:15 pm

Puncher's chance for Rogers but that's it. Fedor by armbar.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

FEDOR VS ROGERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FEDOR VS ROGERS   FEDOR VS ROGERS EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 6:18 pm

Werdum and Rogers both lose via non-well roundedness. Werdum because he isn't an explosive striker, Rogers because he has never shown a ground game, doesn't come from a ground heavy camp with a track record, and has no pre mma predigree to build on.
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

FEDOR VS ROGERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FEDOR VS ROGERS   FEDOR VS ROGERS EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 7:13 pm

not liking them throwing rogers in vs. Fedro rite now...
Back to top Go down

FEDOR VS ROGERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FEDOR VS ROGERS   FEDOR VS ROGERS EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 9:30 pm

Fedor by submission in the first round.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

FEDOR VS ROGERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FEDOR VS ROGERS   FEDOR VS ROGERS EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 9:39 pm

CainVelasquezFan wrote:
not liking them throwing rogers in vs. Fedro rite now...

My thought's on that are.

1)if we consider what Strikeforce has to offer in Overeem Rogers and Werdum, imo Werdum is the least threatening to Fedor. And thus as a first fight, not so intriguing. Again I point back to Nog. Fedor was never in trouble vs Nog, and I don't see Werdum offering anything that Nog hadn't already. The lack of comp criticism, warranted or not, only grows louder if Werdum goes out there 1st.

Overeem is the most well rounded of the 3, he is the strikeforce champ, and has recently become a huge guy. though his career has shown that he is def beatable, he is probably the most legit of the challengers, and could if he wins some fights for strikeforce in the near future, could provide some serious hype in a Fedor matchup. If Strikeforce is trying to build any of the 3 up, to generate hype out of of em, it prob should be Overeem. If only because of the Belt situation it prob behoves strikeforce to hold him until last.

So that leaves Rogers, though certainly unproven in certain areas of his game, we know he is a big dude, and he has proven that he has very legit pop. He makes for an intriguing matchup right off the bat, not out of the question that even if we see a 1st round submission from Fedor that Brett puts a scare into Fedor while it's standing. And he probably won't fail a drug test(can't say the same for Overeem) so the Barnett situation most likely will be avoided in Fedor's 1st match.

2)From a Rogers perspective, A loss for Rogers, to Fedor, at this point in his career, is not damaging in the least, espeically if it's a matter of ground work submission, and even more so if he does indeed give Fedor trouble while standing. Onc could say the more time Brett has to prepare the better. But I don't see how another 8-9 months makes a big difference in terms of Rogers improving his ground game.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

FEDOR VS ROGERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FEDOR VS ROGERS   FEDOR VS ROGERS EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 10:29 pm

Man ur really drinking the Rogers kool aid Nets

Personally I think Kongo would beat Rogers, his strength is the same as Rogers, but he's better at it. IMO Rogers has the most question marks of any of the top 15 or whatever HW's.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

FEDOR VS ROGERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FEDOR VS ROGERS   FEDOR VS ROGERS EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 11:05 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Man ur really drinking the Rogers kool aid Nets

Personally I think Kongo would beat Rogers, his strength is the same as Rogers, but he's better at it. IMO Rogers has the most question marks of any of the top 15 or whatever HW's.

No doubt, Im on the Rogers train. Rogers vs Kongo is on my top 10 wish list. That fight would be classic. Does Kongo have better striking? Maybe, but Rogers has about 30 lbs on him. Hard to say for sure, but I'd say Rogers throws with more pop. I don't deny his ground game is 100% untested, but I put him at the top in terms of dangerous strikers.

But whatever, Fedor vs Rogers, im pretty psyched.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

FEDOR VS ROGERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FEDOR VS ROGERS   FEDOR VS ROGERS EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 11:34 pm

Rogers has been improving his muay thai every fight. I think he'd knee Kongo to death. But on that topic, soon as he tries to clinch Fedor he'd eat an uppercut that would cut his tongue off.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

FEDOR VS ROGERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FEDOR VS ROGERS   FEDOR VS ROGERS EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 11:47 pm

Fedor should win sometime in the first round which would be my pick against any HW except for Nog(who would just get pummeled for 3-5 rounds).

Anyways, Strikeforce can sell this show. Grim is definetly marketable as anybody outside of Brock and geezer Couture for a fight with Fedor. They have pretty much all his big highlights which consists of brutal knockouts, he has an exciting style, he's undefeated, he has a intimidating and marketable look. Strikeforce can now take a page out of UFC's book and hype this fight to the moon and they can do it.

The video package won't be AA friendly though.

I want the card to look like this

Overeem vs. Werdum
Fedor vs. Rogers
Melendez vs. Thomson
Shields vs. Miller
Cyborg vs. Coenen(that fights gonna happen, anyone hear?)

The reason i have Overeem vs. Werdum as the main event is because it's the title fight. Strikeforce could sell their credibility better by not making it the Fedor show and treating their champs like champions. Obviously Fedor vs. Rogers is the sell, but hype Overeem and Werdum just as much. Do what UFC does, make your HW's out to be way more than they are. You say "best in the world" enough, chronic nuthuggers will eventually start nuthugging. king

Last edited by KingsOwn19 on Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

FEDOR VS ROGERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FEDOR VS ROGERS   FEDOR VS ROGERS EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 11:53 pm

Yeah Grimm is gonna finish Kongo via knee's???
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

FEDOR VS ROGERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FEDOR VS ROGERS   FEDOR VS ROGERS EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 11:56 pm

Dude Kongo sucks. Rogers would finish Hardonk and Al Turk any day of the week. Also, if he knee'd CroCop's nuts all up to his throat, he would beat him to. Im not saying this to hype Rogers. Like i said, i think his only credible win was kind of a fluke, but Kongo? www.ufchypemachine.com
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

FEDOR VS ROGERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FEDOR VS ROGERS   FEDOR VS ROGERS EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 12:02 am

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Yeah Grimm is gonna finish Kongo via knee's???

Ya, or strikes from the clinch. That's what my prediction would be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

FEDOR VS ROGERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FEDOR VS ROGERS   FEDOR VS ROGERS Empty

Back to top Go down

FEDOR VS ROGERS
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next