Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers?

Go down 
+14
bobbitt15
oggy420
discovery99
Wolfgangsta
timthebim
ohiovol62
Ninja
redvexx8
KingsOwn19
LTFG
GDPofDRC
Andrew the Raider King
KmacLamb23
Skyab23
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Fedor
Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers? Vote_lcap81%Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers? Vote_rcap
 81% [ 22 ]
Brett
Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers? Vote_lcap19%Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers? Vote_rcap
 19% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 27

AuthorMessage
Skyab23
White Belt
White Belt
Skyab23

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor, GSP, Nog

Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers? Empty
PostSubject: Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers?   Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers? EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 3:11 pm

Winner of the first round between Rogers and Fedor since there seems to be some people who believe Rogers may have won the first round(their argument is based mostly on the ground and pound).
Back to top Go down
Skyab23
White Belt
White Belt
Skyab23

PostSubject: Re: Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers?   Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers? EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 3:16 pm

I believe Fedor won the first round after watching it 3 times since the original airing. He landed a nice left hand on Rogers and then took him down twice during the course of the round. He also had 2 submission attempts and was on top of Rogers for the most part of their ground match. Other than the ground and pound by Rogers, I think Fedor controlled the first round.
Back to top Go down
KmacLamb23
White Belt
White Belt
KmacLamb23

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor, Bones Jones, Hendo

PostSubject: Re: Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers?   Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers? EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 3:19 pm

Fedor landed more and had a couple of takedowns and sub attempts but didn't do much with them. (other than rocking him once standing up) Rogers cut him with the jab and flirted with ending the fight in the GnP. As a Fedor fan, i was very worried at that moment. And Rogers defended the sub attempts very well. I would give the round to Rogers but very close. It could have gone either way. I'm just happy to say this debate doesn't mean a damn think because Rogers got KTFO in the 2nd Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers?   Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers? EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 3:29 pm

In all honesty, taking someone down and garnering an amount of controll over them are two different things. I didn't see any actual control, but will re-watch it.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers?   Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers? EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 3:50 pm

I give it to Fedor, but only because he was the champion and that counts for extra points. study
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers?   Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers? EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 3:53 pm

Rogers claim to the first is entirely based on a jab that cut the nose, holding the fence to keep Fedor pinned while kneeing the legs and 10 seconds of top position where he landed a few shots and a couple of escapes. Fedor did much more, IMO. 2 takdowns, multiple big punches leading to one of the takedowns, short punches from top position on 2 different occasions, 3 submission attempts and control on the ground for all but about 20 seconds. The only way anyone could see this as a round for Rogers is if they had those special glasses on, IMO...
Back to top Go down
Skyab23
White Belt
White Belt
Skyab23

PostSubject: Re: Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers?   Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers? EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 3:56 pm

I agree completely and you are right on the 3 submission attempts, I had previously stated 2.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers?   Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers? EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 4:00 pm

If you go by damage and give him points for submission escapes, than Rogers.

If you want to go by points like takedowns, strikes landed, and submission attempts Fedor won the round soundly.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers?   Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers? EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 4:13 pm

I always love the fan that thinks that escaping and sub defense scores higher than takedowns and submission attempts... Somehow, the realization that you have to be in a shitty spot to be on your ass or in sub danger in the first place seems to escape their minds. And of course a jab that cuts is more impressive than two huge bombs that leave a fighter reeling and ultimately on his back. Now there's not very many members of the Cecil People's Fan Club, but this type of thinking tells you exactly who the card carriers are...
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers?   Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers? EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 4:26 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
I always love the fan that thinks that escaping and sub defense scores higher than takedowns and submission attempts... Somehow, the realization that you have to be in a shitty spot to be on your ass or in sub danger in the first place seems to escape their minds. And of course a jab that cuts is more impressive than two huge bombs that leave a fighter reeling and ultimately on his back. Now there's not very many members of the Cecil People's Fan Club, but this type of thinking tells you exactly who the card carriers are...

I agree, i don't think sub escapes mean shit.
Back to top Go down
redvexx8
Green Belt
Green Belt
redvexx8

PostSubject: Re: Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers?   Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers? EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 4:36 pm

KmacLamb23 wrote:
Rogers cut him with the jab and flirted with ending the fight in the GnP.
That just simply isnt true because Fedor was not even close to being finished there and the jab just re opened up a cut he received in training from Alek although I still think it might be broken too.

Fedor won the round.

Fedor
controled dominant positions for the majority of the round
Landed the harder shots on their feet.
3 sub attempts
2 takedowns

Brett
Landed a jab
Landed some shots from mount while Fedor was setting up the arm bar

Last edited by redvexx8 on Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KmacLamb23
White Belt
White Belt
KmacLamb23

PostSubject: Re: Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers?   Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers? EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 4:41 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:

If you're referring to me, I think Cecil's an idiot and I thought Shogun beat Machida 4 rounds to 1
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers?   Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers? EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 4:56 pm

KmacLamb23 wrote:
Fedor landed more and had a couple of takedowns and sub attempts but didn't do much with them. (other than rocking him once standing up) Rogers cut him with the jab and flirted with ending the fight in the GnP. As a Fedor fan, i was very worried at that moment. And Rogers defended the sub attempts very well. I would give the round to Rogers but very close. It could have gone either way. I'm just happy to say this debate doesn't mean a damn think because Rogers got KTFO in the 2nd Very Happy

Please Rewatch the fight when Rogers was GnP Fedor. Only 3 punches really connected.....
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers?   Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers? EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 5:12 pm

Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers? 8

I count 3 punches actually landing....
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers?   Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers? EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 5:39 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
In all honesty, taking someone down and garnering an amount of controll over them are two different things. I didn't see any actual control, but will re-watch it.

But Grim didn't control anything either. If you think takedowns shouldn't count for points, that opinion should be held in all fights, not just the ones Fedor fights in. Fedor won the round, if it was any other HW fighting, this question would have never been asked. He had more standing strikes, and strikes on the ground. Just beacuse Fedor dosn't submit the guy in 10 seconds via flying arm bar dosn't mean the round should go to Grim. This is the same deal with the shogun fight.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers?   Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers? EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 6:00 pm

I thought Fedor won the round but not by as much as some of u guys who seem to think he dominated the round. Ninja ur right 3 punches might have landed but there was no way the judges could tell only 3 landed cause live it looked like he was landing a ton in the position he was in even though now with replay we see it was only 3 that really landed.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers?   Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers? EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 6:03 pm

In the damage aspect, Fedor still wins since Rogers was wobbled twice, while Fedor sustained a cut. Being twice concussed > a bloody nose.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
KmacLamb23
White Belt
White Belt
KmacLamb23

PostSubject: Re: Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers?   Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers? EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 6:09 pm

Chill out people... Who cares???????? Fedor did us all a favor and put this debate to rest in the 2nd!!!
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers?   Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers? EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 6:32 pm

ohiovol62 wrote:

But Grim didn't control anything either. If you think takedowns shouldn't count for points, that opinion should be held in all fights, not just the ones Fedor fights in. Fedor won the round, if it was any other HW fighting, this question would have never been asked. He had more standing strikes, and strikes on the ground. Just beacuse Fedor dosn't submit the guy in 10 seconds via flying arm bar dosn't mean the round should go to Grim. This is the same deal with the shogun fight.

Not disagreeing Ohio, I just saw it the once and will re-watch it. But from my memory, Fedor ducking his head and throwing punches at the same time does not win points. Two, I am not a Fedor fan. I am the one person here who is unimpressed with his level of opponents of the last few years. So no heroe worship on my part. But as I said before I will watch again. And everybody, please quit talking about Fedor like he just beat the shit out Goro from Mortal Combat. He beat a guy who has only fought 1 named fighter previously who was Glass Joe Arlovski. Like any of you actually thought Grim was going to win.
Back to top Go down
redvexx8
Green Belt
Green Belt
redvexx8

PostSubject: Re: Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers?   Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers? EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 7:18 pm

Fedor ducking his head and throwing punches at the same time does not win points. I am the one person here who is unimpressed with his level of opponents of the last few years.

Maybe I misunderstood you but are you saying the punches he landed should not count because he had his head tucked????

Also who has he not faced in the last few years that leaves you unimpressed?
Back to top Go down
discovery99
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
discovery99

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ Penn

PostSubject: Re: Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers?   Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers? EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 6:10 am

Fedor won it and it wasn't even a close round... that would be obvious to everyone if Fedor didn't come into the fight with a cut on his nose.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers?   Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers? EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 8:55 am

ohiovol62 wrote:

Not disagreeing Ohio, I just saw it the once and will re-watch it. But from my memory, Fedor ducking his head and throwing punches at the same time does not win points. Two, I am not a Fedor fan. I am the one person here who is unimpressed with his level of opponents of the last few years. So no heroe worship on my part. But as I said before I will watch again. And everybody, please quit talking about Fedor like he just beat the shit out Goro from Mortal Combat. He beat a guy who has only fought 1 named fighter previously who was Glass Joe Arlovski. Like any of you actually thought Grim was going to win.

Carwin just beat Gonzaga. And that got him a title shot.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers?   Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers? EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 10:12 am

OHIO: I don't disagree about the Carwin comment, that was more hype than anything else. You got a name fighter bad mouthing the champ? That just sells tickets.

I did re-watch the fight and I agree that Fedor had better control, but barely. He might take Grim down, but just couldn't do anything. As for the attempted subs? Just because he grabbed a guys arm does not mean a whole lot nor does it give points to the arm grabber.

RED: Whos has he ought since 2005? A fat Tim Sylvia, Glass Joe Arlovski, HMC? I mean if you want to throw a washed up Matt Lindland and Mark Coleman as stiff competition, I guess you can...

As far as I can tell his last REAL challenge was Cro Cop on 08/25/2005. Who should he have fought or be fighting? Lesnar, Couture, Mir just to name a few. But as Finky whined in his sleep "We want to co-promote! WHAAAAH!" You do realize that the reason they wanted to fight Brett Rogers was because they knew it was a tailor made victory against someone with little experience right?
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers?   Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers? EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 2:42 pm

KmacLamb23 wrote:
LikesToFightGuy wrote:

If you're referring to me, I think Cecil's an idiot and I thought Shogun beat Machida 4 rounds to 1

Nah McSheep, if I was making reference to you I would have quoted you, pointed fingers, mocked, criticized and belittled. I think my post was fairly self explanatory.

Anyone who thinks that sub defense and takedown escapes score as highly or more than takedowns and sub attempts is an idiot and likely subscribes to the Cecil Peoples school of thought on judging a fight. And anyone who thinks a jab that leaves a cut should score more highly than two huge rights that send a fighter to the cage falls in that same category. Now if you are one of the few morons that fall into that line of thinking, then yes by all means my post was aimed at you as well and consider yourself called out, mocked, criticized and belittled for being an idiot when it comes to scoring a fight... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers?   Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers? EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 3:58 pm

lol@ Randy should be fighting Mir and Couture. Ha Arlovski would murder those two and it wouldn't even be competitive.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers?   Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next