Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers?

Go down 
+14
bobbitt15
oggy420
discovery99
Wolfgangsta
timthebim
ohiovol62
Ninja
redvexx8
KingsOwn19
LTFG
GDPofDRC
Andrew the Raider King
KmacLamb23
Skyab23
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Fedor
Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers? - Page 2 Vote_lcap81%Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 81% [ 22 ]
Brett
Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers? - Page 2 Vote_lcap19%Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 19% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 27

AuthorMessage
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers?   Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 5:30 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
OHIO: I don't disagree about the Carwin comment, that was more hype than anything else. You got a name fighter bad mouthing the champ? That just sells tickets.

I did re-watch the fight and I agree that Fedor had better control, but barely. He might take Grim down, but just couldn't do anything. As for the attempted subs? Just because he grabbed a guys arm does not mean a whole lot nor does it give points to the arm grabber.

RED: Whos has he ought since 2005? A fat Tim Sylvia, Glass Joe Arlovski, HMC? I mean if you want to throw a washed up Matt Lindland and Mark Coleman as stiff competition, I guess you can...

As far as I can tell his last REAL challenge was Cro Cop on 08/25/2005. Who should he have fought or be fighting? Lesnar, Couture, Mir just to name a few. But as Finky whined in his sleep "We want to co-promote! WHAAAAH!" You do realize that the reason they wanted to fight Brett Rogers was because they knew it was a tailor made victory against someone with little experience right?

I agree with you on Linland and HMC. But as far as Timmy and AA I'm skeptical, they both ruled the UFC for years. And that wasn't but a year and a half ago. I think you can play that game with a lot of HWs. The only reason why some of these scrubs are ranked in the top 10 is because the isn't 10 good HWs IMO. Didn't want to get in an argument.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers?   Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 5:43 pm

Fedor won 4 minutes and 50 seconds of the round so i'll go with him
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers?   Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 5:46 pm

Hey oggy, I freakin love that gif. I want it! lol
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers?   Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 6:26 pm

Damn, that is well done lol
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers?   Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 6:36 pm

imagine if that actually happened on CBS during primetime...
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers?   Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 6:40 pm

yea this is probably my favoite gif right next to

Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers? - Page 2 2dcg3le
Back to top Go down
CombatSports4Life
Green Belt
Green Belt
CombatSports4Life

Favorite Fighter(s) : FEDOR

PostSubject: Re: Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers?   Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 7:06 pm

I have a hard time seeing how this is a debate. Fedor had 2 takedowns, 2 sub attempts, was the agressor, had the dominant position for the majority of the first round, only landed 1 less strike than Rogers but had a far higher percentage than Rogers and ROCKED HIM.

Rogers had 3 secs of ground and pound, landed 1 more strike than Fedor and cut him. How exactly does that override all of what Fedor did in the first?
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers?   Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 7:47 pm

Oggy that is a Great gif. I don't normally see that many good ones, but that fucking rocks!
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers?   Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 7:58 pm

I hope ur talking about the Gina 1 lol but the other is funny also.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers?   Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers? - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 1:41 am

[quote="Andrew the Raider King"]OHIO: I don't disagree about the Carwin comment, that was more hype than anything else. You got a name fighter bad mouthing the champ? That just sells tickets.

I did re-watch the fight and I agree that Fedor had better control, but barely. He might take Grim down, but just couldn't do anything. As for the attempted subs? Just because he grabbed a guys arm does not mean a whole lot nor does it give points to the arm grabber.

RED: Whos has he ought since 2005? A fat Tim Sylvia, Glass Joe Arlovski, HMC? I mean if you want to throw a washed up Matt Lindland and Mark Coleman as stiff competition, I guess you can...

As far as I can tell his last REAL challenge was Cro Cop on 08/25/2005. Who should he have fought or be fighting? Lesnar, Couture, Mir just to name a few. But as Finky whined in his sleep "We want to co-promote! WHAAAAH!" You do realize that the reason they wanted to fight Brett Rogers was because they knew it was a tailor made victory against someone with little experience right?[/quote]

How was Rogers tailor made? I think that thought would have been validated if Rogers proved to be Kimbo the 2nd on the ground, but he proved himself pretty capable, and was never really in trouble on the ground. Thus the "tailor made opponent" critique should be put to bed.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers?   Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers? - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 10:54 am

[quote="captain organic"]
Andrew the Raider King wrote:
OHIO: I don't disagree about the Carwin comment, that was more hype than anything else. You got a name fighter bad mouthing the champ? That just sells tickets.

As far as I can tell his last REAL challenge was Cro Cop on 08/25/2005. Who should he have fought or be fighting? Lesnar, Couture, Mir just to name a few. But as Finky whined in his sleep "We want to co-promote! WHAAAAH!" You do realize that the reason they wanted to fight Brett Rogers was because they knew it was a tailor made victory against someone with little experience right?[/quote]

How was Rogers tailor made? I think that thought would have been validated if Rogers proved to be Kimbo the 2nd on the ground, but he proved himself pretty capable, and was never really in trouble on the ground. Thus the "tailor made opponent" critique should be put to bed.

Im not saying he was taylor made but there was no 1 that knew he could handle himself on the ground the way he did, until now that is.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers?   Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers? - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 4:13 pm

Why do we even discuss things with Andrew, he is a second year UFC homer who wasn't around even for Rampage's title run. He wouldn't even be here if people knew who he was before he was invited.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers?   Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers? - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 5:56 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Why do we even discuss things with Andrew, he is a second year UFC homer who wasn't around even for Rampage's title run. He wouldn't even be here if people knew who he was before he was invited.

No need to be an MMA snob. You admitted you stop watching for years and only back more recently. Everyone starts somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers?   Who Won the First Round Between Fedor v Rogers? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2