Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Moderate Islam

Go down 
+3
Tobe06
Wolfgangsta
4445Frank
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Moderate Islam - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderate Islam   Moderate Islam - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 11:08 am

Okay, fuck it. (1) Show me a Muslim State that is an allie of America. (2) Show me a moderate Muslim sect that has significant support for that state.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Moderate Islam   Moderate Islam - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 11:10 am

By the way, I am not a Christian.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Moderate Islam   Moderate Islam - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 11:12 am

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
I'm muslim and I don't know what moderate Islam means either. All I will say is that it is a massive insult to any muslim for someone to draw a cartoon about our prophet.
i am/was a muslim, for all i care you could draw whatever the fuck you want and im cool with it. all these ppl crying about religion need wake up and look at whats happening in the world, its fucking stupid!
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Moderate Islam   Moderate Islam - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 11:13 am

Your choice of words was a reflection on how you view the existence.

"So called" is usually only used to question the validity concept the writer is speaking about i.e. "So called boxing fans say they want the sport to get back to it's glory days but they don't buy or follow the good cards in boxing or reward exciting fighters with their fanship"

Even if you weren't aware of it, the usage appeared to reflect the true nature of your opinion on Islam in the United States.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Moderate Islam   Moderate Islam - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 11:15 am

4445Frank wrote:
Okay, fuck it. (1) Show me a Muslim State that is an allie of America. (2) Show me a moderate Muslim sect that has significant support for that state.

Egypt is pretty moderate and is a fairly close ally with us. Turkey as well. Not sure about the political/religious dynamics inside those states though.

You not being a Christian should have been the very first thing you said in defending yourself today. That changes the game entirely.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moderate Islam   Moderate Islam - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 11:17 am

killerofchicken wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:
I'm muslim and I don't know what moderate Islam means either. All I will say is that it is a massive insult to any muslim for someone to draw a cartoon about our prophet.
i am/was a muslim, for all i care you could draw whatever the fuck you want and im cool with it. all these ppl crying about religion need wake up and look at whats happening in the world, its fucking stupid!

Sorry man but everytime I read 1 of your posts that Simple Jack pic cracks me up.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Moderate Islam   Moderate Islam - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 11:17 am

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:

Sorry man but everytime I read 1 of your posts that Simple Jack pic cracks me up.
you never go full retard!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moderate Islam   Moderate Islam - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 11:25 am

Wolf, personally I would never kill anyone for something they draw but I know people that would. I also wouldn't do something that would offend a race just to say I can because of freedom of speech. People can draw anything they want. Why draw something just to enrage a lot of people? You don't see muslims drawing pictures of Priests raping little boys or pictures of Rabies doing some weird crap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moderate Islam   Moderate Islam - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 11:26 am

killerofchicken wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:

You ma ma ma make me happy.

Last edited by freakzilla316ftw on Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tobe06
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
Tobe06

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ali

PostSubject: Re: Moderate Islam   Moderate Islam - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 11:28 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Quote :
Really, you guys are at war with Islam? Good to know. When do you invade "Islamistan"?

Pathetic.

I am truly puzzled by this. On the one hand you seem to acknowledge the problem American Christians such as Frank(no offense frank, please) have with Islam, yet now you deny our country is in de facto war with Islam? Maybe I am misreading you.

The US is not at war with Islam. It is engaged in a nebulous "war on terror" which bascially means jihadist extremists. Jihadist extremists do not equal Islam. That's my point.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Moderate Islam   Moderate Islam - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 11:32 am

Tobe06 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
Quote :
Really, you guys are at war with Islam? Good to know. When do you invade "Islamistan"?

Pathetic.

I am truly puzzled by this. On the one hand you seem to acknowledge the problem American Christians such as Frank(no offense frank, please) have with Islam, yet now you deny our country is in de facto war with Islam? Maybe I am misreading you.

The US is not at war with Islam. It is engaged in a nebulous "war on terror" which bascially means jihadist extremists. Jihadist extremists do not equal Islam. That's my point.

Ah. Makes sense. Well this is where I respectfully disagree. I believe the United States is at war with the enemies of Israel, and has successfully been able to group a valid political/religious position held by a good majority of the Muslim world into the "jihadist fruitcakes" basket, and has successfully obscured the entire gripe and platform of the Jihadists in the first place. Please see my debate with jimbo over the last few days for the details of how I feel on that.
Back to top Go down
Tobe06
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
Tobe06

PostSubject: Re: Moderate Islam   Moderate Islam - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 11:33 am

4445Frank wrote:

1) Morocco and Jordan for two

2) The people of Morocco and Jordan (mostly Sunni Muslims)
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Moderate Islam   Moderate Islam - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 1:09 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Tobe06 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
Quote :

Pathetic.

Ah. Makes sense. Well this is where I respectfully disagree. I believe the United States is at war with the enemies of Israel, and has successfully been able to group a valid political/religious position held by a good majority of the Muslim world into the "jihadist fruitcakes" basket, and has successfully obscured the entire gripe and platform of the Jihadists in the first place. Please see my debate with jimbo over the last few days for the details of how I feel on that.

Too broad a stroke Wolf. I don't believe the US is at war with just or all enemies of Israel. There is a legitimate cause against true terrorists that have targeted us for reasons beyond our ties with Israel.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Moderate Islam   Moderate Islam - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 1:10 pm

Tobe06 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
Quote :

Pathetic.

I agree with your point. What's the problem?
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Moderate Islam   Moderate Islam - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 1:11 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:

You ma ma ma make me happy.
lmao
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Moderate Islam   Moderate Islam - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 1:13 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Wolf, personally I would never kill anyone for something they draw but I know people that would. I also wouldn't do something that would offend a race just to say I can because of freedom of speech. People can draw anything they want. Why draw something just to enrage a lot of people? You don't see muslims drawing pictures of Priests raping little boys or pictures of Rabies doing some weird crap.
Freak, I know you mean well and I'm in no way trying to draw a general picture of all Muslims being bigots or terrorists. That said, if you look in publications that are made in Egypt, Palestine, etc, there are plenty of pics depiciting Jews and Americans as sub human animals. A large population of Muslims in the midde east believe a Jew is a cross between a gorilla and a pig.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moderate Islam   Moderate Islam - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 1:16 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Tobe06 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
Quote :

Pathetic.

Wolf did you ever answer my post on that topic? You asked me what I thought and I asked you about what.
Back to top Go down
Tobe06
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
Tobe06

PostSubject: Re: Moderate Islam   Moderate Islam - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 1:19 pm

4445Frank wrote:
Tobe06 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
Quote :

Pathetic.

The problem (as I already pointed out) is when people constantly insult Islam by using terms like "moderate muslim" which imply that most or all muslims are radical jihadists it further contributes to the hatred and fear of muslims everywhere; which in turn adds fuel to the fire of jihadist extremism and terrorism.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moderate Islam   Moderate Islam - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 1:21 pm

Tobe06 wrote:
4445Frank wrote:
Tobe06 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
Quote :

Pathetic.

The problem (as I already pointed out) is when people constantly insult Islam by using terms like "moderate muslim" which imply that most or all muslims are radical jihadists it further contributes to the hatred and fear of muslims everywhere; which in turn adds fuel to the fire of jihadist extremism and terrorism.
Usually I dont agree with things like that Tobe. I just think people need to get a tougher skin and not take things so personal all the time but this time I fully agree.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Moderate Islam   Moderate Islam - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 1:22 pm

Tobe06 wrote:
4445Frank wrote:
Tobe06 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
Quote :

Pathetic.

I see you point, but if you don't like the term moderate muslim, you have a helluva battle on your hands, Tobe. It's a generalized term mostly used by leftists to suggest that most Muslims are moderate. They have your good intention in mind but disagree with your theory.
Back to top Go down
Tobe06
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
Tobe06

PostSubject: Re: Moderate Islam   Moderate Islam - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 1:27 pm

[quote="4445Frank"][quote="Tobe06"]
4445Frank wrote:
Tobe06 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
Quote :

I see you point, but if you don't like the term moderate muslim, you have a helluva battle on your hands, Tobe. It's a generalized term mostly used by leftists to suggest that most Muslims are moderate. That have your good intention in mind but disagree with your theory.

What it is is lazy political shorthand that people use because there's the pre-existing notion out there that all muslims are terrorists. It's that flawed notion that's actually the problem, the term is just a symptom.

BTW - sorry your other post got hijacked (oooohh, probably not the best choice of term either, eh?) by this symantics discussion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moderate Islam   Moderate Islam - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 1:29 pm

[quote="Tobe06"][quote="4445Frank"]
Tobe06 wrote:
4445Frank wrote:
Tobe06 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
Quote :

I see you point, but if you don't like the term moderate muslim, you have a helluva battle on your hands, Tobe. It's a generalized term mostly used by leftists to suggest that most Muslims are moderate. That have your good intention in mind but disagree with your theory.

What it is is lazy political shorthand that people use because there's the pre-existing notion out there that all muslims are terrorists. It's that flawed notion that's actually the problem, the term is just a symptom.

BTW - sorry your other post got hijacked (oooohh, probably not the best choice of term either, eh?) by this symantics discussion.
LOL The problem is the WASP crowd in the south.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Moderate Islam   Moderate Islam - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 2:04 pm

I'll believe there is such a thing as "Moderate Islam" when suicide bombers and terrorists who act in the name of the Islamic faith and those who kill those who draw cartoons of Muhammad are broadly and deeply condemned within the Islamic world and then are hunted down, tried, convicted and executed by the authorities of Isalmic nations to general acclaim.

In other words when the Islamic world treats men like bin Laden the way the US treated Timothy McVeigh, I'll believe there is such a thing as moderate Islam.

Right now it looks to me like there is Islamic Fundamentalism and Islamic quailing in fear of Islamic Fundamentalism.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moderate Islam   Moderate Islam - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 2:07 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
I'll believe there is such a thing as "Moderate Islam" when suicide bombers and terrorists who act in the name of the Islamic faith and those who kill those who draw cartoons of Muhammad are broadly and deeply condemned within the Islamic world and then are hunted down, tried, convicted and executed by the authorities of Isalmic nations to general acclaim.

In other words when the Islamic world treats men like bin Laden the way the US treated Timothy McVeigh, I'll believe there is such a thing as moderate Islam.

Right now it looks to me like there is Islamic Fundamentalism and Islamic quailing in fear of islamic Fundamentalism.
Great point. I have no way to argue against that either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moderate Islam   Moderate Islam - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 2:15 pm

4445Frank wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Freak, I know you mean well and I'm in no way trying to draw a general picture of all Muslims being bigots or terrorists. That said, if you look in publications that are made in Egypt, Palestine, etc, there are plenty of pics depiciting Jews and Americans as sub human animals. A large population of Muslims in the midde east believe a Jew is a cross between a gorilla and a pig.

I was born, raised and lived my whole life in Australia so we're raised different here. Never came across that before.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moderate Islam   Moderate Islam - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Moderate Islam
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next