Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

THE RING'S REPORT CARD-ADAMEK

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

THE RING'S REPORT CARD-ADAMEK Empty
PostSubject: THE RING'S REPORT CARD-ADAMEK   THE RING'S REPORT CARD-ADAMEK EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 5:16 am

Next in the Ring series is Polish heavyweight Tomasz Adamek.

http://www.ringtv.com/blog/2366/the_ring_allstar_report_cards_tomasz_adamek/

Here are the Ring Ratings

Talent-B+
Achievement-B+
Marketability-A-
Support System-A-
Growth Potential-A-.

I'll post my ratings below. Please do the same if you are so inclined.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: THE RING'S REPORT CARD-ADAMEK   THE RING'S REPORT CARD-ADAMEK EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 5:31 am

My criteria is compared to THE MAN champions across boxing history

Talent-C-. Adamek is a manufactured rather than natural heavyweight. He doesn't have a big punch or the big chin he had at 175 or cruiser. He is extremely disciplined and mentally strong, but his physical talents are mediocre. I mean he got dominated by Chad Dawson.

Achievement-C
-. He's never been a THE MAN champion though he has some good wins. The thing one likes about Adamek is he behaves like someone who has a deep desire to be great.

Marketability-A-.
The guy sells out big arenas over and over again both in the US and in Europe. How many guys do that essentially by themselves?

Support System-A. I don't really know but I see a guy doing everything possible to be great.

Growth Potential-A-. Does anyone doubt that before Tomasz Adamek is done we are going to know EXACTLY how good he was? Here is a man who will test deep waters. He'll get either Wlad or Vitali. I doubt Haye will fight him until after Adamek fights one of the giants. If Adamek were to somehow defeat one of the brothers, anyone doubt he'd wan his next two fights to be Haye and the brother?

In an era of inactive, spoiled wannabe's, Tomasz Adamek is a breath of fresh air. By the end of 2010 he will have fought seven times in the last two years with four of them against considerably larger men. Not amazing by historical standards but absolutely stunning by today's. In that period Adamek will have fought as often as Thirteen, Floyd and Andre Berto combined!
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: THE RING'S REPORT CARD-ADAMEK   THE RING'S REPORT CARD-ADAMEK EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 10:31 am

marble ill agree with your thoughts here...rings vitali one was sooo wrong for sure.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: THE RING'S REPORT CARD-ADAMEK   THE RING'S REPORT CARD-ADAMEK EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 11:54 am

in the Dawson fight he looked like a dead man walking at the weigh in. He shouldn't have been at 175 anymore.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: THE RING'S REPORT CARD-ADAMEK   THE RING'S REPORT CARD-ADAMEK EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 12:00 pm

Talent B

Achievement B+
Solid LHW to go Top Cruiserweight to HW Contender, rare for this era

Marketability A
Proven Draw

Support System A
Can pack a house vs TBA

Growth Potential C
I think he's reached his peak
Back to top Go down
Groundhog_Day
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
Groundhog_Day

Favorite Fighter(s) : Manny Pacquiao

PostSubject: Re: THE RING'S REPORT CARD-ADAMEK   THE RING'S REPORT CARD-ADAMEK EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 7:46 pm

Was Adamek ever the Ring champ at 200 lbs? I think he might have been after he beat USS
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: THE RING'S REPORT CARD-ADAMEK   THE RING'S REPORT CARD-ADAMEK EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 7:57 pm

Groundhog_Day wrote:
Was Adamek ever the Ring champ at 200 lbs? I think he might have been after he beat USS

You are absolutely right.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THE RING'S REPORT CARD-ADAMEK   THE RING'S REPORT CARD-ADAMEK EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 9:03 pm

Talent - B-. He's quicker and better technically than just about everyone else in the division. His chin can handle some shots at Heavy and he's as determined as anyone fighting right now.

Achievement - B-. Great at Light Heavy and Cruiser, but he lost in his best fight at Light Heavy and scraped by in his biggest fight at Cruiser. His work across 3 divisions is impressive though.

Marketability - B. He seems like a great B-side to any fight, but a bad A-side. Great style, better attitude, and extremely likable.

Support System - A-. He stays active has taken risks and has a strong national following. He's a role model for the sport.

Growth Potential - A. I can see him beating Haye and using that momentum for a mega showdown with 1 or both of the Klits.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE RING'S REPORT CARD-ADAMEK   THE RING'S REPORT CARD-ADAMEK Empty

Back to top Go down

THE RING'S REPORT CARD-ADAMEK
Page 1 of 1