Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Opinions of Charles Oliveira

Go down 
+5
KingsOwn19
SOKO
LTFG
OU
MMAEYES
9 posters
AuthorMessage
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

Opinions of Charles Oliveira  Empty
PostSubject: Opinions of Charles Oliveira    Opinions of Charles Oliveira  EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 12:15 pm

Just wondering what everyone thought of this undefeated 20-year-old(14-0)? Is he the next big thing or just a flash in the pan? I usually route for bjj guys but for some reason I'm not liking this guy but he does have talent.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Opinions of Charles Oliveira    Opinions of Charles Oliveira  EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 12:21 pm

I sent a text before the fight to my buddy saying "Effrian is about to get fucked up". It took a little longer then expected but Oliveira delivered. I think the kid is legit. I like this guy.

Last edited by OUSOONERSOU on Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Opinions of Charles Oliveira    Opinions of Charles Oliveira  EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 12:32 pm

He's def talented. Maybe it's the excessive celebrating that gets to me I don't know.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Opinions of Charles Oliveira    Opinions of Charles Oliveira  EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 12:36 pm

At his age, he has tons of time to improve his already impressive skills. I don't think they should push him too fast... Now that he's made the big show, he should only be fighting every 5 months or so.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opinions of Charles Oliveira    Opinions of Charles Oliveira  EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 12:37 pm

I hated all the bloody hugging. They were fighting not love making
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opinions of Charles Oliveira    Opinions of Charles Oliveira  EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 12:39 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
At his age, he has tons of time to improve his already impressive skills. I don't think they should push him too fast... Now that he's made the big show, he should only be fighting every 5 months or so.

He didn't take much punishment. He could fight every 3 months right now. He's the lightweight's answer to Jon Jones.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Opinions of Charles Oliveira    Opinions of Charles Oliveira  EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 12:43 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
He's def talented. Maybe it's the excessive celebrating that gets to me I don't know.

I have never liked Effrian so it didn't bother me lol
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Opinions of Charles Oliveira    Opinions of Charles Oliveira  EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 12:44 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
He's the lightweight's answer to Jon Jones.

I don't think he's that yet. But he might be
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Opinions of Charles Oliveira    Opinions of Charles Oliveira  EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 12:53 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
LikesToFightGuy wrote:

He didn't take much punishment. He could fight every 3 months right now. He's the lightweight's answer to Jon Jones.

See, that's what I don't like though. Unless you're going to give him cans every 3 months until he's ready for contender fights, but that does no one any good. He's 20 years old. The mind is so impressionable and a couple of ugly losses to contenders could ruin him forever. Let him develop at a normal rate is all. After he's racked up 4 or 5 more wins over middle talent over the next 2 years, throw him in the fire.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Opinions of Charles Oliveira    Opinions of Charles Oliveira  EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 12:57 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:
LikesToFightGuy wrote:

See, that's what I don't like though. Unless you're going to give him cans every 3 months until he's ready for contender fights, but that does no one any good. He's 20 years old. The mind is so impressionable and a couple of ugly losses to contenders could ruin him forever. Let him develop at a normal rate is all. After he's racked up 4 or 5 more wins over middle talent over the next 2 years, throw him in the fire.

Why not give him someone like Cole Miller? I think that is a good matchup for him. We can act like Cole is something after this win but don't forget Effrian knocked his ass out about a year ago.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Opinions of Charles Oliveira    Opinions of Charles Oliveira  EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 12:57 pm

I will be honest he took longer than I expected to choke him out but he came through.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Opinions of Charles Oliveira    Opinions of Charles Oliveira  EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 1:18 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Why not give him someone like Cole Miller? I think that is a good matchup for him. We can act like Cole is something after this win but don't forget Effrian knocked his ass out about a year ago.

I'd take Cole in a rematch with Effrian
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Opinions of Charles Oliveira    Opinions of Charles Oliveira  EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 1:29 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

Why? It was almost exactly a year ago. It's not like Cole can take Evan Dunham or probably even Oliveria either. The both beat Dan Louzon since then. I think people are making too much of Cole's last win.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Opinions of Charles Oliveira    Opinions of Charles Oliveira  EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 2:35 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

Why? It was almost exactly a year ago. It's not like Cole can take Evan Dunham or probably even Oliveria either. The both beat Dan Louzon since then. I think people are making too much of Cole's last win.

Why? Cause I think Cole can sub Effrian. Maybe Effrian would catch him first but I don't think it's insane to think Cole can win that fight.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Opinions of Charles Oliveira    Opinions of Charles Oliveira  EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 2:45 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

Why? Cause I think Cole can sub Effrian. Maybe Effrian would catch him first but I don't think it's insane to think Cole can win that fight.

I didn't say he couldn't, I just don't see any reason why to pick him in that matchup. Smart money IMO is on Efrian winning again.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Opinions of Charles Oliveira    Opinions of Charles Oliveira  EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 2:48 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

I didn't say he couldn't, I just don't see any reason why to pick him in that matchup. Smart money IMO is on Efrian winning again.

That maybe true my friend but that's also what I was told about his fight with Pearson
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Opinions of Charles Oliveira    Opinions of Charles Oliveira  EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 2:50 pm

Yeah but did Pearson already have a win over Cole? A brutal KO win? I was at that fight in Dallas, Cole was pretty fucked off. Exactly a year later....I'm still taking that doucher Efrian.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Opinions of Charles Oliveira    Opinions of Charles Oliveira  EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 2:54 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Yeah but did Pearson already have a win over Cole? A brutal KO win? I was at that fight in Dallas, Cole was pretty fucked off. Exactly a year later....I'm still taking that doucher Efrian.

LOL
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Opinions of Charles Oliveira    Opinions of Charles Oliveira  EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 2:17 am

I like him. He moves like a bantamweight out there.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Opinions of Charles Oliveira    Opinions of Charles Oliveira  EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 2:23 am

Looks like he's having a seizure at times when he's feinting but this kid is going to be the shit in a couple years. Efrain had nothing for him
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Opinions of Charles Oliveira    Opinions of Charles Oliveira  EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 4:44 am

Cole is ten times the striker he used to be. He'd have killed Efrain that night too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Opinions of Charles Oliveira    Opinions of Charles Oliveira  EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 4:42 am

Cole vs. Oliviera seems like a natural next fight for both
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Opinions of Charles Oliveira    Opinions of Charles Oliveira  EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 8:53 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Cole is ten times the striker he used to be. He'd have killed Efrain that night too.

Wow any fighter that can improve their striking like that in just 1 years time has to be a phenom. That means Cole will be the best in the word here in just a few shorts weeks. Watch out everyone, Cole Miller is beast mode now! Forget that 12 months ago he was brought back to life in the cage after being out for 20 min. It's a miracle!
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net/gallery/Personal-album-of-OUSOONERSOU/efrian-beats-miller-ufc-103-pic_17.htm
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Opinions of Charles Oliveira    Opinions of Charles Oliveira  EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 1:28 pm

Caused me to take serious notice. This was a good fight because a young guy like him can be tougher to judge early on when he gets to the UFC because he is fighting guys like himself or guys who have fallen off. Efrain is a guy like himself at the middle tier. Was real cool seeing him use that speed and striking, he has a bright future it is beginning to look like. Soto
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opinions of Charles Oliveira    Opinions of Charles Oliveira  Empty

Back to top Go down

Opinions of Charles Oliveira
Page 1 of 1