Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lou DiBella "Boxing is in decline"

Go down 
+4
RUM CAPITAL
Birdofthad
Canvas
SlickMoneyXL
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Lou DiBella "Boxing is in decline" Empty
PostSubject: Lou DiBella "Boxing is in decline"   Lou DiBella "Boxing is in decline" EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 9:26 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lou DiBella "Boxing is in decline"   Lou DiBella "Boxing is in decline" EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 9:46 pm

Lou really sounds depressed and frustrated with the state of boxing right now, I wouldn't be shocked if he walked away from the sport soon.
Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Miguel Cotto, Efrain Escudero

PostSubject: Re: Lou DiBella "Boxing is in decline"   Lou DiBella "Boxing is in decline" EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 9:50 pm

Lou needs to talk to his boy Andre Berto. He's part of the problem.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Lou DiBella "Boxing is in decline"   Lou DiBella "Boxing is in decline" EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 9:50 pm

I'm of the same mind as Lou at the moment as a fan....
Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

Being inactive and picking on 140 pounders isnt helping boxing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lou DiBella "Boxing is in decline"   Lou DiBella "Boxing is in decline" EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 9:54 pm

SlickMoneyXL wrote:
Lou needs to talk to his boy Andre Berto. He's part of the problem.

I am sure Lou has tried too.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Lou DiBella "Boxing is in decline"   Lou DiBella "Boxing is in decline" EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 10:02 pm

Yes, I think a big part of Lou's frustration is dealing with stupid, ignorant, egotistical fighters with badly inflated senses of self worth and entitlement....
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Lou DiBella "Boxing is in decline"   Lou DiBella "Boxing is in decline" EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 10:03 pm

he sounds burned out
Back to top Go down
RUM CAPITAL
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
RUM CAPITAL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Carlos Ortiz,Henry Armstrong and Wilfredo Gomez

PostSubject: Re: Lou DiBella "Boxing is in decline"   Lou DiBella "Boxing is in decline" EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 10:17 pm

i watch broadway boxing every friday and they have a section where they speak to him and he comes up with ideas on how to save the sport and he always brings up having better undercards. i like lou but in reality the super six has helped start all these little tournaments which will give us great fights.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Lou DiBella "Boxing is in decline"   Lou DiBella "Boxing is in decline" EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 10:20 pm

The biggest problem I have with promoters saying negative things about boxing, is most of them are a big part of the problem.
Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

PostSubject: Re: Lou DiBella "Boxing is in decline"   Lou DiBella "Boxing is in decline" EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 10:24 pm

RUM CAPITAL wrote:
i watch broadway boxing every friday and they have a section where they speak to him and he comes up with ideas on how to save the sport and he always brings up having better undercards. i like lou but in reality the super six has helped start all these little tournaments which will give us great fights.

He calls for better undercards but has yet to do it. He has 3 fighters that are "HBO caliber". He should be stacking cards with Berto, Martinez, and Caballero.
Back to top Go down
RUM CAPITAL
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
RUM CAPITAL

PostSubject: Re: Lou DiBella "Boxing is in decline"   Lou DiBella "Boxing is in decline" EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 10:27 pm

well caballero's more than willing to fight anybody and so is martinez. is not their fault juanma,gamboa,angulo and williams have all bitched out. as for berto...well he's a complete different story.
Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

PostSubject: Re: Lou DiBella "Boxing is in decline"   Lou DiBella "Boxing is in decline" EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 10:29 pm

RUM CAPITAL wrote:
well caballero's more than willing to fight anybody and so is martinez. is not their fault juanma,gamboa,angulo and williams have all bitched out. as for berto...well he's a complete different story.

I'm sure there's Top 10 fighters at 126 or 130 that'll fight Caballero on HBO. Same goes for Martinez at 154-160.
Back to top Go down
RUM CAPITAL
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
RUM CAPITAL

PostSubject: Re: Lou DiBella "Boxing is in decline"   Lou DiBella "Boxing is in decline" EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 10:30 pm

SlickMoneyXL wrote:
RUM CAPITAL wrote:

I'm sure there's Top 10 fighters at 126 or 130 that'll fight Caballero on HBO. Same goes for Martinez at 154-160.
no doubt, but will hbo want those fights??? i mean if im martinez and i just defeated pavlik i want another big fight. if its a tube up im having i'll have it home in argentina.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Lou DiBella "Boxing is in decline"   Lou DiBella "Boxing is in decline" EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 10:31 pm

If only Ray Robinson were here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

PostSubject: Re: Lou DiBella "Boxing is in decline"   Lou DiBella "Boxing is in decline" EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 10:33 pm

RUM CAPITAL wrote:
SlickMoneyXL wrote:
RUM CAPITAL wrote:

no doubt, but will hbo want those fights??? i mean if im martinez and i just defeated pavlik i want another big fight. if its a tube up im having i'll have it home in argentina.

I'm sure HBO would make a reasonable offer. Would the fighters take it?, is the question.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lou DiBella "Boxing is in decline"   Lou DiBella "Boxing is in decline" EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 10:33 pm

SlickMoneyXL wrote:
RUM CAPITAL wrote:

He calls for better undercards but has yet to do it. He has 3 fighters that are "HBO caliber". He should be stacking cards with Berto, Martinez, and Caballero.

It's not that simple though, putting all three on the same card costs a fortune. Neither HBO or Showtime have the budget to pay for a card like that unless it's put on pay per view.
Back to top Go down
RUM CAPITAL
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
RUM CAPITAL

Wolfgangsta wrote:
wtf is up with that picture you have??? why are they biting of the mosley-mayweather idea?
Back to top Go down
Diego408
Green Belt
Green Belt
Diego408

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Marquez Brothers, Robert Guerrero, Abner Mares, Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez, Devon Alexander, Jose Benavidez Jr and Nick Diaz

PostSubject: Re: Lou DiBella "Boxing is in decline"   Lou DiBella "Boxing is in decline" EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 10:35 pm

Its the promoters who are at fault. We can blame all the ABC organizations but theyve been around for a while and they never affected much. Promoters arent promoting which is boxing biggest problems. I dont give a fuck what all of you guys say about Arum, but that man is a genius. I always find myself being the lone Arum fan, hes helped the sport so much. He made DLH, Flomo, Pacquiao, Cotto and Margarito. Those are guys who can draw as of now. 4 of those 5 guys mentioned have craked a million PPV buys in a fight. All these promoters like Shaw, Goossen, DiBella are guys who just collect HBO money from their fighters.They aint breaking a sweat trying to sell a ticket because they are already profiting. The only time it cost promoters is for PPV.
Back to top Go down
RUM CAPITAL
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
RUM CAPITAL

PostSubject: Re: Lou DiBella "Boxing is in decline"   Lou DiBella "Boxing is in decline" EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 10:36 pm

SlickMoneyXL wrote:
RUM CAPITAL wrote:
SlickMoneyXL wrote:
RUM CAPITAL wrote:

I'm sure HBO would make a reasonable offer. Would the fighters take it?, is the question.
slick who at 154 can martinez fight?? williams and angulo BOTH turned him down. so who's there??? kirkland was THE MAN or at least looked that way but then he went to jail. there's other prospects there but martinez IS the man. the only one i could think of is serg dzurkin (spelling) but is hbo willing to pay to have that fight since sergei is not that well known. maybe joel julio but if im martinez i want another big fight...heck he just came from getting robbed against martinez and beating pavlik he deserves it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lou DiBella "Boxing is in decline"   Lou DiBella "Boxing is in decline" EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 10:37 pm

Don King and Bob Arum are old men, how will boxing in America cope without those two high profile promoters once they retire ?
Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

PostSubject: Re: Lou DiBella "Boxing is in decline"   Lou DiBella "Boxing is in decline" EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 10:37 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
SlickMoneyXL wrote:
RUM CAPITAL wrote:

It's not that simple though, putting all three on the same card costs a fortune. Neither HBO or Showtime have the budget to pay for a card like that unless it's put on pay per view.

HBO overpaying fighters is the problem. Pay the fighters their REAL worth. Berto 400k. Caballero 200K. Martinez around 700k.
Back to top Go down
Diego408
Green Belt
Green Belt
Diego408

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Marquez Brothers, Robert Guerrero, Abner Mares, Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez, Devon Alexander, Jose Benavidez Jr and Nick Diaz

RUM CAPITAL wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
wtf is up with that picture you have??? why are they biting of the mosley-mayweather idea?
Hes mocking the creativeness of GBP lol
Back to top Go down
RUM CAPITAL
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
RUM CAPITAL

PostSubject: Re: Lou DiBella "Boxing is in decline"   Lou DiBella "Boxing is in decline" EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 10:38 pm

Diego408 wrote:
Its the promoters who are at fault. We can blame all the ABC organizations but theyve been around for a while and they never affected much. Promoters arent promoting which is boxing biggest problems. I dont give a fuck what all of you guys say about Arum, but that man is a genius. I always find myself being the lone Arum fan, hes helped the sport so much. He made DLH, Flomo, Pacquiao, Cotto and Margarito. Those are guys who can draw as of now. 4 of those 5 guys mentioned have craked a million PPV buys in a fight. All these promoters like Shaw, Goossen, DiBella are guys who just collect HBO money from their fighters.They aint breaking a sweat trying to sell a ticket because they are already profiting. The only time it cost promoters is for PPV.
yeah but arums undercard have absolutely stunk. i mean that pac-clottey undercard was the worst thing i've ever een. nevermind when he has chavez jr lololol
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Lou DiBella "Boxing is in decline"   Lou DiBella "Boxing is in decline" EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 10:38 pm

Who gives a shit about HBO??? How about as a promoter helping your guy build a fanbase before this point?????
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lou DiBella "Boxing is in decline"   Lou DiBella "Boxing is in decline" Empty

Back to top Go down

Lou DiBella "Boxing is in decline"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next