Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lou DiBella signs Peter Manfredo

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Lou DiBella signs Peter Manfredo Empty
PostSubject: Lou DiBella signs Peter Manfredo   Lou DiBella signs Peter Manfredo EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 1:38 am

DiBella told ESPN.com that he signed super middleweight Peter Manfredo Jr. (35-6, 19 KOs) to a multi-year agreement after Manfredo split with TKO Boxing, the financially crippled promoter. Manfredo, 29, a former title challenger and star of "The Contender" reality series, has won four fights in a row since being stopped in the third round by Sakio Bika in November 2008. In his only title shot, Manfredo, 29, of Providence, R.I., was also stopped in three rounds by then-super middleweight champ Joe Calzaghe in 2007. DiBella said Manfredo's debut under his banner will likely come in October in New England. "I've always liked Peter and I think he's an exciting fighter," DiBella said. "I think you have to match him right, but I think he's better at 160 than at 168 and it's a wide open division. He's a good ticket seller in New England and even though he's not going to be on the pound-for-pound list, he's never going to be in a bad fight. I'm happy to work with him."

http://espn.go.com/sports/boxing/notebook/_/id/5459504/becoming-best-light-heavyweight-piques-chad-dawson-interest
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Lou DiBella signs Peter Manfredo   Lou DiBella signs Peter Manfredo EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 1:40 am

why would anyone tell anyone they jsut signed him

that would be like me announcing i just paid money for a turd ata garage sale
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Lou DiBella signs Peter Manfredo   Lou DiBella signs Peter Manfredo EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 6:31 pm

Maybe getting him as an opponent for Martinez

Why not make Manfredo vs Martinez after the Williams bout
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lou DiBella signs Peter Manfredo   Lou DiBella signs Peter Manfredo EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 6:33 pm

Sacrifice Manfredo to Pirog.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Lou DiBella signs Peter Manfredo   Lou DiBella signs Peter Manfredo EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 6:34 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
Sacrifice Manfredo to Pirog.

Another good option
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lou DiBella signs Peter Manfredo   Lou DiBella signs Peter Manfredo Empty

Back to top Go down

Lou DiBella signs Peter Manfredo
Page 1 of 1