Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass!

Go down 
+6
Andrew the Raider King
GDPofDRC
Wolfgangsta
WinstonSmith
LA
NoRegret
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass! Empty
PostSubject: Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass!   Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass! EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 12:14 pm

Alright...I argue with people all the fucking time on this shit.

Does shit happen for a reason...or not?

I believe that shit DOESNT happen for a reason and that life is just a piece of shit for everyone. What reason could "god" have for kids being born with cancer, people getting killed in car wrecks or going into vegitative states?

I could debate this til the end of time...just wondering if there are any hippy christians in here that believe that things happen for a reason?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass!   Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass! EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 12:24 pm

Valid topic, but the delivery is a bit crass

That sig pic would be cool if the girls weren't 16 and under
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass!   Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass! EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 12:25 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Valid topic, but the delivery is a bit crass

That sig pic would be cool if the girls weren't 16 and under

Hey...I dont need to deliver...just gettin the job done Wink

And nah, those are college girls, you can tell they're in a dorm hallway or something like that.
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

Favorite Fighter(s) : Marvin Hagler,Ben Henderson,Rich Franklin,Clay Guida

PostSubject: Re: Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass!   Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass! EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 12:38 pm

Too early in the day for existential debate.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass!   Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass! EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 12:39 pm

WinstonSmith wrote:
Too early in the day for existential debate.

That's quite alright, I am going to work til 11, so you guys can feel free to debate it up til I get home.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass!   Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass! EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 12:40 pm

1. LA is a pussy for ducking threads and areas I frequent.

2. The ages of those girls being in question adds to the hotness.

3. People's brains are wired to read too much into coincidences and you'll never change their beliefs. They'll keep throwin the bones in the bowl.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif

PostSubject: Re: Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass!   Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass! EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 12:42 pm

Not a hippie Christian but I do believe things happens for a reason. All the bad things you stated are just to test our faiths.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass!   Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass! EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 12:44 pm

Is there anything that really happens for no reason?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass!   Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass! EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 12:47 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Is there anything that really happens for no reason?

I believe bad things usually do not happen for a reason, and that bad things usually happen because of incompitence or acts of ignorance.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass!   Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass! EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 12:49 pm

Those are reasons aren't they?
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass!   Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass! EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 12:51 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Those are reasons aren't they?

You're not looking at the word "reasons" as some others do.

Others view bad things happening as a sign from god that that is what was supposed to happen.

I'm simply arguing that it didnt happen because of god's higher purpose for your life, and that it simply happened because of stupidity most times. And when something good happens it is not because of god, it is because you EARNED it.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass!   Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass! EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 12:53 pm

Well I can't speak for everyone's faith, but in my line of thinking, God has given us the gift of free will and free reign until the Return of Christ. Which means there is no answer, you can blame God, you can blame yourself, etc.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass!   Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass! EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 12:54 pm

So what your really wanting to debate is if things happen because of a god.

There is a reason behind all things that happen, god is not that reason.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass!   Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass! EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 12:57 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
Well I can't speak for everyone's faith, but in my line of thinking, God has given us the gift of free will and free reign until the Return of Christ. Which means there is no answer, you can blame God, you can blame yourself, etc.

Muslims and Christians are both waiting for the Return of Christ.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass!   Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass! EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 12:58 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:

What did you think the saying "everything happens for a reason" meant?

And who are the only people that believe that? Christians that think god is controlling their life and how things happen each step of the way.

I wonder how dumb people would feel if they realized that shit was all a hoax and realized how much time they wasted in a church praising someone that died thousands of years ago.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass!   Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass! EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 1:02 pm

NoRegret wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

And who are the only people that believe that? Christians that think god is controlling their life and how things happen each step of the way.

I wonder how dumb people would feel if they realized that shit was all a hoax and realized how much time they wasted in a church praising someone that died thousands of years ago.

That is as innacurate a statement about orthodox Christian Theology as one can make.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass!   Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass! EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 1:03 pm

Events in which people feel their fate or destiny has been impacted are not exclusively associated with divine interventions.

Last edited by GDPofDRC on Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass!   Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass! EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 1:04 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
NoRegret wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

That is as innacurate a statement about orthodox Christian Theology as one can make.

So you are telling me there arent people out there waiting for "god to tell them" the next step in their lives? I'm sorry man, but I know several people like that.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass!   Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass! EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 1:25 pm

NoRegret wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
NoRegret wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

So you are telling me there arent people out there waiting for "god to tell them" the next step in their lives? I'm sorry man, but I know several people like that.

I am telling you EXACTLY what I wrote. That orthodox Christian Theology does NOT teach that "God is controlling their life and how things happen each step of the way."

I refer you to the Catechism of the Roman Catholic Church for the Catholic view and to the works of say Karl Barth or Martin Luther for a mainstream Protestant view. I don't think event he most extreme Calvinist would argue that we are robots here on earth under God's control.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass!   Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass! EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 1:26 pm

I will politely and full-heartedly disagree. There are no actual ways of determining one way or the other on this topic.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass!   Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass! EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 1:27 pm

oh man here comes a big pile of steaming idiocy where one guy tells another guy what God says or what Christianity says.

News flash - God, the Bible, Christianity say anything you want it to.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass!   Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass! EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 1:30 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
oh man here comes a big pile of steaming idiocy where one guy tells another guy what God says or what Christianity says.

News flash - God, the Bible, Christianity say anything you want it to.

Not sure I understand what you're getting at Wolf.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass!   Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass! EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 1:33 pm

Any debate is for naught here as common sense will tell the "enlightened" there is no God, yet those who believe will never see the true light.

And those are the youngest looking college girls I've ever seen if they are, I certainly think they're 16ers, I was just back on a campus last week, and no girls looked that young. Like I said it'd be a cool pic if they were 18+.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass!   Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass! EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 1:33 pm

NoRegret wrote:
I will politely and full-heartedly disagree. There are no actual ways of determining one way or the other on this topic.

I appreciate the good manners, but disagree with what? Show me an orthodox Christian Theological source that says other than what I have written. There's lots to work from.

Barth, Calvin, Luther, Augustine, Aquinas, the Gospels, Rahner, Tertullian, Anselm, Bultmann, CS Lewis or Tillich for starters. That's a reasonable cross-section of Catholic and Protestant doctrinally orthodox thinkers.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass!   Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass! EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 1:35 pm

Id have them sign a contract if they were under 18 saying that they voluntarily and consentually had sex with myself lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass!   Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass! Empty

Back to top Go down

Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next