Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Check this debate out!

Go down 
+4
KingsOwn19
timthebim
Ninja
Skyab23
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Skyab23
White Belt
White Belt
Skyab23

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor, GSP, Nog

Check this debate out! Empty
PostSubject: Check this debate out!   Check this debate out! EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 10:16 pm

Between Ariel Helwani and Dana White
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIeo5bn1dbw&feature=player_embedded

-As usual Dana White is hating on Fedor
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Check this debate out!   Check this debate out! EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 10:20 pm

I don't even need to watch it. I have heard Dana's garbage opinions on Fedor a hundred times over.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Skyab23
White Belt
White Belt
Skyab23

PostSubject: Re: Check this debate out!   Check this debate out! EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 10:20 pm

Just in case you were wondering:

Dana said that since his PRIDE days, Fedor hasn't been fighting any top level guys.
He has fought:
Brett Rogers (Top 10 Heavyweight)
Andre Arlovski (Former UFC Champion)
Tim Sylvia (Former UFC Champion)

*He has been out of PRIDE for just over 3 years now.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Check this debate out!   Check this debate out! EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 10:29 pm

Skyab23 wrote:

Dana said that since his PRIDE days, Fedor hasn't been fighting any top level guys.
He has fought:

Well to Dana's point I dont think Fedor has been fighting the best in the world either. It also doesnt help when Fedor beats Timmy then he goes and loses to Mercer and after he beats AA he goes and gets KOed by Brett Rogers in like a minute and now if Brett loses his next fight which is very possible how can u really argue with Dana's point?
Back to top Go down
Skyab23
White Belt
White Belt
Skyab23

PostSubject: Re: Check this debate out!   Check this debate out! EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 10:32 pm

Because it's not Fedor's fault that these top ranked guys (and both AA and Sylvia were ranked by many as #2 Heavyweights in the world when they fought Fedor) start to have the Fedor-hangover and fight like shit afterwards.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Check this debate out!   Check this debate out! EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 10:38 pm

timthebim wrote:
Skyab23 wrote:

He has fought:

Well to Dana's point I dont think Fedor has been fighting the best in the world either. It also doesnt help when Fedor beats Timmy then he goes and loses to Mercer and after he beats AA he goes and gets KOed by Brett Rogers in like a minute and now if Brett loses his next fight which is very possible how can u really argue with Dana's point?

You can use the same argument against Anderson. How did Thales and Lutter do after they lost to Anderson? Oh ya that's right...they were both cut. How did Irvin do recently?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Check this debate out!   Check this debate out! EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 10:49 pm

I think Dana been saying that exact same thing word for word the last 2 years. His p4p arguement is arguable but i disagree on Fedor not fighting anybody since PRIDE. It's easy to say the guys he beat are nobody after the fact but Arlovski and Sylvia were top ranked when Fedor fought and knocked them out and Rogers is top 10. 2008 and 2009 were good years for Fedor as far as competition goes...it was 2007 where he fought Lindland and Choi where i was like "what the fuck?". Nothing against Lindland and Choi, they actually came to fight but those did not look like good fights going in and they don't look impressive looking back on them eitheir...but people were excited for those fights in Affliction only to spit on them when Fedor finished them quickly..not giving Fedor credit but rather discreditng AA and Tim.

I hate when people look at what guys are doing now in measuring past competition. If you looked at Anderson Silva's rap sheet over the last 4 years a lot of those guys are in the "what the fuck were they doing in the cage with Anderson Silva" category based on what they are doing now but nobody points that out when they say he fights the best of the best three times a year. From 2008-2010 only two matchups in two year back up Dana's claims and that is Dan Henderson and Forrest Griffin...other than that Irvin, Thales, Cote and now Maia. Good fighters but hardly making Fedor's competition at HW pale in comparison. Thats my opinion.

Somebody like GSP is a guy that has wins against guys who are just about all still making those wins look huge like Penn, Kos, Fitch, Hughes, Alves, Karo, Hieron, Sherk etc. Almost everybody he has defeated in UFC is still ranked or borderline ranked in the top 10 when healthy.

Last edited by KingsOwn19 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Check this debate out!   Check this debate out! EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 10:50 pm

red in the comments mixing it up with little fucklers lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Check this debate out!   Check this debate out! EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 10:54 pm

NinjaRua/Fan wrote:
timthebim wrote:
Skyab23 wrote:

He has fought:

You can use the same argument against Anderson. How did Thales and Lutter do after they lost to Anderson? Oh ya that's right...they were both cut. How did Irvin do recently?

I agree with u Ninja but that is his point and I dont totally disagree with it. U can bring up Spider but the fact is Spider has beaten Hendo, Nate, Forrest and his fight with Irvin he moved up in weight for so that would probably be his arguement. He also would have defended against Vitor without injuries so its alittle different to me.
Back to top Go down
Skyab23
White Belt
White Belt
Skyab23

PostSubject: Re: Check this debate out!   Check this debate out! EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 12:19 am

And Fedor would have fought Barnett had it not been for 'roids...this is an argument that can just keep going in circles
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Check this debate out!   Check this debate out! EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 12:35 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
I think Dana been saying that exact same thing word for word the last 2 years. His p4p arguement is arguable but i disagree on Fedor not fighting anybody since PRIDE. It's easy to say the guys he beat are nobody after the fact but Arlovski and Sylvia were top ranked when Fedor fought and knocked them out and Rogers is top 10. 2008 and 2009 were good years for Fedor as far as competition goes...it was 2007 where he fought Lindland and Choi where i was like "what the fuck?". Nothing against Lindland and Choi, they actually came to fight but those did not look like good fights going in and they don't look impressive looking back on them eitheir...but people were excited for those fights in Affliction only to spit on them when Fedor finished them quickly..not giving Fedor credit but rather discreditng AA and Tim.

I hate when people look at what guys are doing now in measuring past competition. If you looked at Anderson Silva's rap sheet over the last 4 years a lot of those guys are in the "what the fuck were they doing in the cage with Anderson Silva" category based on what they are doing now but nobody points that out when they say he fights the best of the best three times a year. From 2008-2010 only two matchups in two year back up Dana's claims and that is Dan Henderson and Forrest Griffin...other than that Irvin, Thales, Cote and now Maia. Good fighters but hardly making Fedor's competition at HW pale in comparison. Thats my opinion.

Somebody like GSP is a guy that has wins against guys who are just about all still making those wins look huge like Penn, Kos, Fitch, Hughes, Alves, Karo, Hieron, Sherk etc. Almost everybody he has defeated in UFC is still ranked or borderline ranked in the top 10 when healthy.

Good points, but Linland vs Fedor was a close fight and Linland is a smaller guy. I think Fedor could go to the UFC and do well, but he will lose a fight or two. A few years back I htink he would still be the big dog. I have said Spider hasn't fought the competition either. He has been hand fed guys who have been built up. GSP is the true P4P king right now. Oh and DW owned him in that convo, but I think Ariel or whoever was gonna pee his pants and of course DW talked over and interupted him.

Either way Fedor is the best ever, but he shouldb't be ahead of GSP right now. Hughes is a WW Legend and GSP beat him down and has been killing guys who are tops for the past few years.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Check this debate out!   Check this debate out! EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 1:27 am

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:

Good points, but Linland vs Fedor was a close fight and Linland is a smaller guy. I think Fedor could go to the UFC and do well, but he will lose a fight or two. A few years back I htink he would still be the big dog. I have said Spider hasn't fought the competition either. He has been hand fed guys who have been built up. GSP is the true P4P king right now. Oh and DW owned him in that convo, but I think Ariel or whoever was gonna pee his pants and of course DW talked over and interupted him.

Either way Fedor is the best ever, but he shouldb't be ahead of GSP right now. Hughes is a WW Legend and GSP beat him down and has been killing guys who are tops for the past few years.

Shocked
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Check this debate out!   Check this debate out! EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 9:16 am

Ariel really didn't say what he wanted to say you could tell he was holding back. Dana is full of shit if Fedor was in the UFC Dana would be calling him the best ever.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Check this debate out!   Check this debate out! EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 11:18 am

Ariel is cool. He let Dana tantrum it up. He didn't want to say much though because White is giving him privileges as an outside interviewer. It's is in Dana's best interest to feel a UFC fighter is p4p plain and simple.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Check this debate out!   Check this debate out! Empty

Back to top Go down

Check this debate out!
Page 1 of 1