Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass!

Go down 
+6
Andrew the Raider King
GDPofDRC
Wolfgangsta
WinstonSmith
LA
NoRegret
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass!   Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 1:36 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
NoRegret wrote:
I will politely and full-heartedly disagree. There are no actual ways of determining one way or the other on this topic.

I appreciate the good manners, but disagree with what? Show me an orthodox Christian Theological source that says other than what I have written. There's lots to work from.

Barth, Calvin, Luther, Augustine, Aquinas, the Gospels, Rahner, Tertullian, Anselm, Bultmann, CS Lewis or Tillich for starters. That's a reasonable cross-section of Catholic and Protestant doctrinally orthodox thinkers.

I dont need a source, there is no hard evidence in what you're saying. Its all exactly what you say it is "theoligical" aka IN THEORY.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass!   Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 1:38 pm

that isn't what theological means...

Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif

PostSubject: Re: Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass!   Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 1:39 pm

NoRegret wrote:
Id have them sign a contract if they were under 18 saying that they voluntarily and consentually had sex with myself lol

Lol. Is 18 the legal age in America?
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass!   Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 1:44 pm

Hmmm breaking down the word, one would think that.

Theological means some religious shit. But again, still no proof based on what any of them are saying.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass!   Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 1:45 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
NoRegret wrote:
Id have them sign a contract if they were under 18 saying that they voluntarily and consentually had sex with myself lol

I think its different in certain states, but where I live it is 18, yes lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass!   Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 1:49 pm

NoRegret wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:
NoRegret wrote:

In Australia it's 16. Too bad I prefer older women.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass!   Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 1:50 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
NoRegret wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:
NoRegret wrote:

In Australia it's 16. Too bad I prefer older women.

I will fuck any chick over 17 if she is hot. 16 is cutting it too young for me though. Never fucked a cougar yet, but am lookin forward to it when I can legally go to bars and shit here in like 8 months.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass!   Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 1:58 pm

You can go to bars at 18 here. Cougars know how to please Wink
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass!   Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 2:02 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
You can go to bars at 18 here. Cougars know how to please Wink

Oh i'm sure they do lol

And I go to a couple bars around here but that is because we know the owners a little and they let us drink if we dont get too out of control. But those are laid back bars...not a whole lotta potential there as far as getting any poon action.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass!   Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 2:25 pm

NoRegret wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
NoRegret wrote:
I will politely and full-heartedly disagree. There are no actual ways of determining one way or the other on this topic.

I appreciate the good manners, but disagree with what? Show me an orthodox Christian Theological source that says other than what I have written. There's lots to work from.

Barth, Calvin, Luther, Augustine, Aquinas, the Gospels, Rahner, Tertullian, Anselm, Bultmann, CS Lewis or Tillich for starters. That's a reasonable cross-section of Catholic and Protestant doctrinally orthodox thinkers.

I dont need a source, there is no hard evidence in what you're saying. Its all exactly what you say it is "theoligical" aka IN THEORY.

OF COURSE there is hard evidence. My claim is that orthodox Christian doctrine has a specific meaning. I just gave you a whole series of thinkers so you can independently verify it.

Now as the whether those teachings are in any way true? A different question.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass!   Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 2:57 pm

Ohh so this is another religion debate? Shocked

There is nothing specific in Christianity that hasn't already been written in other religions the predate it.

As for god being the cause of bad things or good things occurring, show me how someone could possibly know that there is or ever was a god and if that is known then why are there a million different religions that preach that there god is the rightful and sole god and that anyone who doesn't want to accept that is bad and evil.

In reality most religions that preach those type of ideals are mostly derived from ancient astrology and sun worship. Do a little investigating into the parallels between Jesus, the Sun, and the Zodiac calender.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass!   Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 3:08 pm

well i almost got hit by a dump truck today had i not ran into the street and payed attention i would have gotten nailed, fucker didnt even see me so i reported him

was this meant to be

or was it all a big coincidence?

did i need a wake up call, was god telling me to take the trash out ? was the driver an ass hole raping children and my report is gonna bust him
???

who knows?
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass!   Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 5:49 pm

oggy420 wrote:
Ohh so this is another religion debate? Shocked

There is nothing specific in Christianity that hasn't already been written in other religions the predate it.

As for god being the cause of bad things or good things occurring, show me how someone could possibly know that there is or ever was a god and if that is known then why are there a million different religions that preach that there god is the rightful and sole god and that anyone who doesn't want to accept that is bad and evil.

In reality most religions that preach those type of ideals are mostly derived from ancient astrology and sun worship. Do a little investigating into the parallels between Jesus, the Sun, and the Zodiac calender.

OF COURSE THERE IS!

The Divinity of Jesus of Nazareth for starters. Sheesh!
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass!   Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 6:38 pm

Ahh yes. The story of Horus...ehh hem i mean Jesus. Sorry they are easy to get confused...
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass!   Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 6:44 pm

oggy420 wrote:
Ahh yes. The story of Horus...ehh hem i mean Jesus. Sorry they are easy to get confused...

Nice.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass!   Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 7:13 pm

oggy420 wrote:

Bwahahahahaha. You do realize Jesus of Nazareth was a specific figure from history don't you? That references to him appear in non-Biblical sources?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass!   Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 7:17 pm

He was a big fan of Horus
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass!   Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 9:07 pm

Quote :
Bwahahahahaha. You do realize Jesus of Nazareth was a specific figure from history don't you? That references to him appear in non-Biblical sources?

Find one from his life time. Go. A single source. Why did no one in Pilot's time write of him? The first references appear in historical contexts 30-70 AD If I recall correctly. I don't even think "Jesus Christ" existed at all. He is an amalgamation of real false prophets, snake charmers and and other myths.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_Jesus

The only reason more people don't question Jesus' existence at all has to be related to why evolution is still described as theory.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass!   Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 9:21 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Quote :

Find one from his life time. Go. A single source. Why did no one in Pilot's time write of him? The first references appear in historical contexts 30-70 AD If I recall correctly. I don't even think "Jesus Christ" existed at all. He is an amalgamation of real false prophets, snake charmers and and other myths.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_Jesus

The only reason more people don't question Jesus' existence at all has to be related to why evolution is still described as theory.

Geeze now THERE is a silly standard. You think there were printing presses in First Century Palestine? History was largely passed on orally in those times in most places.
Who in Miltiades own lifetime wrote of him? You think he didn't exist?

Josephus wrote when people who knew Jesus were still alive. So had he made it up he'd have been called on it. The fact that his execution was attributed to Pilate is VERY powerful evidence. More specific than we have on many figures from the ancient world. Paul wrote his epistles as early as the 40's, within a decade or two of Jesus' execution.

If you'd really like to study the historical Jesus as that research is done in the academic world, as opposed to the religious world, I'd suggest reading the following:

The Historical Figure of jesus by EP Sanders out of Duke
The Historical Jesus by Albert Schweizer
The Historical Jesus by Gerd Thiessen

If you want more I took a graduate course in this and still have a bibliography handy.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass!   Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 9:31 pm

Ew, you studied this and you still trust sources based almost entirely in the descriptions of Jesus in the context of writings written by or dealing with his followers?

That is a reflection of what you want to believe. If you want to believe in the historical Jesus, the proof is there, in at least he can't be disproved outright. That's enough if you want to believe in Jesus, regardless of whatever context.

Maui are you a Christian? I probably should have asked this first, though...
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass!   Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 9:32 pm

Quote :
Josephus wrote when people who knew Jesus were still alive. So had he made it up he'd have been called on it.

This is the silliest thing I've seen you say.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass!   Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 9:37 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Ew, you studied this and you still trust sources based almost entirely in the descriptions of Jesus in the context of writings written by or dealing with his followers?

That is a reflection of what you want to believe. If you want to believe in the historical Jesus, the proof is there, in at least he can't be disproved outright. That's enough if you want to believe in Jesus, regardless of whatever context.

Maui are you a Christian? I probably should have asked this first, though...

What is a reflection of what I want to believe exactly?

I gave you source materials. Do some work.

Am I a Christian? I dunno. Raised Roman Catholic, don't go to church except on rare occasions, have the equivalent of a masters in ancient studies and have done a fair bit of work in theology. My guess is there is a Creator God...some of that may be hope.

But that is entriely irrelevant to the question at hand. The evidence that Jesus of Nazareth existed, by the academic standards used to prove the existence of figures in the ancient world, is very, very strong.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass!   Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 10:03 pm

No there isn't. There was nothing recorded of him when he was alive and the only sources are essentially the people who invented the myths themselves or at least believed in the folklore.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass!   Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 10:06 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
No there isn't. There was nothing recorded of him when he was alive and the only sources are essentially the people who invented the myths themselves or at least believed in the folklore.

Your standards are simply silly and would force you to argue that most figures from the ancient world never existed.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass!   Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 10:13 pm

Amend that to say most mythological figures, and we got a deal. I am sure different events and people contributed to the Jesus Myth, like all myths, but to say there is an iron clad historical "Jesus of Nazareth" as you did is completely untrue. The only accounts of him are from his believers after his death. Excuse the cynicism in terms of their credibility.

But I understand why people like you who are wayward sheep wanting to keep the option of returning to the flock open. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass!   Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Here's a debate topic fo' yo ass!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next