Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match.

Go down 
+5
GDPofDRC
Wolfgangsta
gomez1012
OU
SOKO
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match.   Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match. - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 2:32 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
TOney would kill Carwin in a ring

lol yeah it would be a brutal beating.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match.   Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match. - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:07 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
In a boxing ring in a boxing match sure, let me throw kicks in this boxing ring and Toney get's KO'd by Pat Berry and badly.
I highly doubt it. I am not sure Toney can be KO'd.

How many times has he been kneed in the face? How many times has he felt a shin bone in this cheek? Not sure Toney wants to find out the answer to that question.
Your assuming that they can do it. Also you ever see a boxer that has their hands down in order to get kicked in the head? I would bet on Toney even though I am not a fan of his.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match.   Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match. - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:13 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
In a boxing ring in a boxing match sure, let me throw kicks in this boxing ring and Toney get's KO'd by Pat Berry and badly.

How many times has he been kneed in the face? How many times has he felt a shin bone in this cheek? Not sure Toney wants to find out the answer to that question.
Your assuming that they can do it. Also you ever see a boxer that has their hands down in order to get kicked in the head? I would bet on Toney even though I am not a fan of his.

Does a boxer drop his hands after a few leg kicks? How about if he was on his ass all of round 1, where are his hands to start round 2? You can't come into MMA with a boxing stance, how many leg kicks before the hands drop? Where are his hands in the Thai clinch?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match.   Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match. - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:24 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

Does a boxer drop his hands after a few leg kicks? How about if he was on his ass all of round 1, where are his hands to start round 2? You can't come into MMA with a boxing stance, how many leg kicks before the hands drop? Where are his hands in the Thai clinch?
hey we are not talking MMA here we are talking kickboxing. I think a boxer beats the shit out of a kickboxer. Look at K1. How dominant was Bob Sapp? And he was slow as shit.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match.   Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match. - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:31 pm

I know don't Mark, K-1 is K-1, boxing is boxing and MMA is MMA....it will be very hard for a top level boxer to beat a top level K-1 guy at his own game. My money is on whoever has home sport advantage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match.   Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match. - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:34 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
I know don't Mark, K-1 is K-1, boxing is boxing and MMA is MMA....it will be very hard for a top level boxer to beat a top level K-1 guy at his own game. My money is on whoever has home sport advantage.
Maybe. It depends on what the kickboxers strength is IMO. If its the boxing part he will get killed. If its the kicking part he will probably win with leg kicks. Kinda like how Ernesto beat Sapp.

BTW is Toney done in the UFC? I heard somewhere that he signed a 3 fight deal with the UFC. Is that just a bullshit rumor?
Back to top Go down
icebergsnoopy
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match.   Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match. - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:35 pm

Yeah, i didnt see that coming Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

Favorite Fighter(s) : Marvin Hagler,Ben Henderson,Rich Franklin,Clay Guida

PostSubject: Re: Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match.   Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match. - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:36 pm

Maybe Toney can fight Roy Nelson.Dana can bill it as the "Battle of the Bulge II."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match.   Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match. - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:38 pm

WinstonSmith wrote:
Maybe Toney can fight Roy Nelson.Dana can bill it as the "Battle of the Bulge II."
I say he fights Kimbo in a boxing match.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match.   Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match. - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:39 pm

For shits and giggles? Anderson Silva.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match.   Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match. - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:40 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Maybe. It depends on what the kickboxers strength is IMO. If its the boxing part he will get killed. If its the kicking part he will probably win with leg kicks. Kinda like how Ernesto beat Sapp.

BTW is Toney done in the UFC? I heard somewhere that he signed a 3 fight deal with the UFC. Is that just a bullshit rumor?

That is a BS rumor, I saw Dana White say Toney is going to focus on boxing and he won't ever put another boxer in the UFC. He said he doubts anyone else would follow him around for years talking shit like Toney anyways lol
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

Favorite Fighter(s) : Marvin Hagler,Ben Henderson,Rich Franklin,Clay Guida

PostSubject: Re: Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match.   Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match. - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:41 pm

Under boxing rules Kimbo gets hurt very badly.I hear he may agree to a fight in October with Bobby Gunn under London Prize Ring rules.Gunn's people have put up their share of the purse,and are merely waiting for Slice to put up his.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match.   Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match. - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:42 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

That is a BS rumor, I saw Dana White say Toney is going to focus on boxing and he won't ever put another boxer in the UFC. He said he doubts anyone else would follow him around for years talking shit like Toney anyways lol
LOL like that was a real prime boxer. I want to see Kermit Cintron give it a go. The guy has a wrestling background and is one hell of a big puncher. I like watching him box but I think he would seriously kill people in the UFC.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match.   Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match. - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:44 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
For shits and giggles? Anderson Silva.
You want a Silva vs Toney?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match.   Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match. - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:47 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

LOL like that was a real prime boxer. I want to see Kermit Cintron give it a go. The guy has a wrestling background and is one hell of a big puncher. I like watching him box but I think he would seriously kill people in the UFC.

He was asked if he would ever let a prime boxer enter the UFC like PBF for example and he said the same exact thing would happen. Which sorry bud but I agree. How good is Kintron's wrestling? Probably not good enogh to stay upright vs Frankie.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match.   Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match. - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:52 pm

its irrelevant cause Kermit suffered a bad back injury and cant wrestle anymore
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match.   Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match. - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 4:00 pm

http://www.mmamania.com/2010/8/30/1658978/james-no-bitch-toney-wants-randy
Quote :
"My thing with Randy Couture is he is a legend in his sport. He seems like a good person. I don't know him personally, but from when I met him, he seems like he's a great dude, man. And if he is a real man, come put the gloves on. I did it his way, now come do it my way. I'm glad they got respect for me because my background speaks for me. Everybody knows that I ain't got no bitch in me."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match.   Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match. - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 4:10 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

He was asked if he would ever let a prime boxer enter the UFC like PBF for example and he said the same exact thing would happen. Which sorry bud but I agree. How good is Kintron's wrestling? Probably not good enogh to stay upright vs Frankie.
He was offered to go to Ohio State and Wisconsin but signed with a smaller school. He placed like 6th in the nation and that is when he got into boxing heavily. So yes I think he could stay upright if he had the right amount of time training.

Last edited by soonermark890 on Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match.   Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match. - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 4:10 pm

Who didn't see this coming ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match.   Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match. - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 4:15 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
its irrelevant cause Kermit suffered a bad back injury and cant wrestle anymore
It wasnt his back. It was his knee. Besides it didnt keep him out for good he was boxing the whole time he was in college. He just decided to persue it after his freshman year. His Uncle taught him how to box he was a boxer in the 70's and 80's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match.   Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2