Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match.

Go down 
+5
GDPofDRC
Wolfgangsta
gomez1012
OU
SOKO
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match. Empty
PostSubject: Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match.   Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match. EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 12:34 pm

Go figure this is no surprise to me but my question is who in the HW division or LHW division could step up and give Toney a run in the ring. Randy has no chance in hell but who does?

Would shane carwin eat his shots and give him hell?
could rashad slip in and out and give him hell?

Just for shits thoughts?

"The thing is, I did it his way. Now is he willing to come do it my way? Nobody in MMA will do it my way. Nobody in MMA will come to boxing and try to show off their hands with me.

"Nobody in MMA will go blow-for-blow with James Toney." Sleep
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match.   Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match. EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 12:37 pm

Randy just said "Toney would probably knock me out in the 1st round". Randy isn't stupid, unlike James Toney he knows exactly what he would be walking into and wants no part of it.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match.   Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match. EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 12:54 pm

Toney just wants another payday

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match.   Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match. EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 12:56 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Toney just wants another payday

Can't he still get a decent payday in boxing? RJJ seems to be reaching for a payday himself.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match.   Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match. EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 1:14 pm

What everyone forgets is Toney's boxing style even in MMA would get him killed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match.   Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match. EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 1:15 pm

love the AV sooners nice to see the replay cause live it looked pretty weak but not so weak in toney's case LMFAO . I was thinking damn randy shot low but makes all the sense in the world. Randy didnt want to get touched at all. I would of loved to see randy dirty box his ass to a tko against the cage.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match.   Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match. EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 1:19 pm

sokolkevin wrote:
love the AV sooners nice to see the replay cause live it looked pretty weak but not so weak in toney's case LMFAO . I was thinking damn randy shot low but makes all the sense in the world. Randy didnt want to get touched at all. I would of loved to see randy dirty box his ass to a tko against the cage.

I felt like the smartest man alive for calling it pretty much 100% spot on lol. I called for a single leg about 20 secs in and submission via arm triangle. I was thinking the exact same thing Randy was, that boxing stance just screams out single leg. Something you can't pull off against a real MMA fighter but a boxer wouldn't know how to defend.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match.   Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match. EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 1:26 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Can't he still get a decent payday in boxing? RJJ seems to be reaching for a payday himself.

Fuck no, he hasnt made money like this in yeaaaaaaaaars

Shit I doubt he made anything close to 750k for his fights versus Sam Peter, and that was the last time he competed at the highest level back in 2007
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match.   Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match. EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 1:28 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

Shit I doubt he made anything close to 750k for his fights versus Sam Peter, and that was the last time he competed at the highest level back in 2007

Really? Well that is a shame. Could he sell a Kimbo boxing match? Any money in that for him? Not sure if boxing fans would pay for that freak show but you might get enough beer guzzling morons that like to watch street fights on Youtube.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match.   Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match. EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 1:32 pm

The UFC should just cash out their freakshows and give Kimbo and Toney a bout on one of those sucky ass free cards. Why the fuck not?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match.   Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match. EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 1:34 pm

I was thinking Saturday that using Mark Hunt's one fight deal against James Toney would of made balls of logic sense, only problem is dollars>logic.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match.   Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match. EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 1:41 pm

randy made more sense. Now Toney looks like a fool and MMA reiterates it's stance as the "in" sport of the future. Toney beating up a fat guy no one knows about wouldn't have made any sense.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match.   Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match. EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 1:41 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
The UFC should just cash out their freakshows and give Kimbo and Toney a bout on one of those sucky ass free cards. Why the fuck not?

Maybe SF can use it for a temp ratings spike. Do like UFC did and build a solid card around it.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match.   Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match. EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 1:43 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Really? Well that is a shame. Could he sell a Kimbo boxing match? Any money in that for him? Not sure if boxing fans would pay for that freak show but you might get enough beer guzzling morons that like to watch street fights on Youtube.

Yep, Toney been done at HW since that loss to Peter in 03. He struggled with a shitty Hasim Rahman, busted for roids, Fres Oquendo handled him, and he just keeps getting fatter.

Im sure he could sell a Kimbo fight, his mouth is the only thing he has going for him right now
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match.   Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match. EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 1:45 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
randy made more sense. Now Toney looks like a fool and MMA reiterates it's stance as the "in" sport of the future. Toney beating up a fat guy no one knows about wouldn't have made any sense.

LOL

Toney being a fool is nothing new

"in" sport by beating up a shot HW who had his prime as a 168 lb fighter? ok hahaha
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match.   Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match. EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 1:49 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

LOL

Toney being a fool is nothing new

"in" sport by beating up a shot HW who had his prime as a 168 lb fighter? ok hahaha

I am talking in terms of the "ESPN universe" sports fan who likes and dislikes sports with the herd. Nascar and soccer are in, Hockey is out.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match.   Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match. EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 1:50 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
I am talking in terms of the "ESPN universe" sports fan who likes and dislikes sports with the herd. Nascar and soccer are in, Hockey is out.

Got it, agree with that
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match.   Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match. EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 1:55 pm

sokolkevin wrote:
Go figure this is no surprise to me but my question is who in the HW division or LHW division could step up and give Toney a run in the ring. Randy has no chance in hell but who does?

Would shane carwin eat his shots and give him hell?
could rashad slip in and out and give him hell?

Just for shits thoughts?

"The thing is, I did it his way. Now is he willing to come do it my way? Nobody in MMA will do it my way. Nobody in MMA will come to boxing and try to show off their hands with me.

"Nobody in MMA will go blow-for-blow with James Toney." Sleep
There is not one person in MMA that can beat Toney in a boxing ring. I dont even think they can last more than a few rounds. But really Toney is now being a bitch. He trash talked MMA like crazy and now he cant even just say I was wrong. Fuck him.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match.   Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match. EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 1:58 pm

In a boxing ring in a boxing match sure, let me throw kicks in this boxing ring and Toney get's KO'd by Pat Berry and badly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match.   Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match. EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 1:58 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

HELL NO. Boxing fans dont watch freak shows in Boxing we get our fill of that in MMA. LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match.   Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match. EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 1:59 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
In a boxing ring in a boxing match sure, let me throw kicks in this boxing ring and Toney get's KO'd by Pat Berry and badly.
I highly doubt it. I am not sure Toney can be KO'd.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match.   Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match. EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 2:00 pm

Anyone can be KO'd, especially over 40.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match.   Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match. EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 2:01 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
I highly doubt it. I am not sure Toney can be KO'd.

How many times has he been kneed in the face? How many times has he felt a shin bone in this cheek? Not sure Toney wants to find out the answer to that question.

Last edited by OUSOONERSOU on Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match.   Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match. EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 2:11 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Anyone can be KO'd, especially over 40.

and waaaaaaaaaaaay out of shape haha
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match.   Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match. EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 2:27 pm

TOney would kill Carwin in a ring
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match.   Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match. Empty

Back to top Go down

Toney calling Randy out for a Boxing match.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next