Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sports Science breaks down punching power of Randy vs Toney

Go down 
+2
NoRegret
OU
6 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Sports Science breaks down punching power of Randy vs Toney Empty
PostSubject: Sports Science breaks down punching power of Randy vs Toney   Sports Science breaks down punching power of Randy vs Toney EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 1:02 pm

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Sports Science breaks down punching power of Randy vs Toney   Sports Science breaks down punching power of Randy vs Toney EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 1:08 pm

stats show Randy fatigues less quickly then any other athlete they have tested. That dudes cardio is off the charts and if you watched the video you know it is literally off the charts.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: Sports Science breaks down punching power of Randy vs Toney   Sports Science breaks down punching power of Randy vs Toney EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 1:10 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
stats show Randy fatigues less quickly then any other athlete they have tested. That dudes cardio is off the charts and if you watched the video you know it is literally off the charts.

What other MMA fighters have been on that show?

I dont think its any secret that wrestlers/ Mixed Martial Artists have the toughest cardio of any sport.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Sports Science breaks down punching power of Randy vs Toney   Sports Science breaks down punching power of Randy vs Toney EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 1:13 pm

NoRegret wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

I dont think its any secret that wrestlers/ Mixed Martial Artists have the toughest cardio of any sport.

Fedor and Houston Alexander are the only MMA fighters I can remember being on the show.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Sports Science breaks down punching power of Randy vs Toney   Sports Science breaks down punching power of Randy vs Toney EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 1:15 pm

wasnt rampage on there.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Sports Science breaks down punching power of Randy vs Toney   Sports Science breaks down punching power of Randy vs Toney EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 1:15 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
NoRegret wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

Fedor and Houston Alexander are the only MMA fighters I can remember being on the show.

Well there you go lol

Put GSP, Diego Sanchez, or any other top of the line cardio fighters and they'd put Coture on the backburner.

I do agree though, that for Coture's age, his cardio is ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
victor879
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: Sports Science breaks down punching power of Randy vs Toney   Sports Science breaks down punching power of Randy vs Toney EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 1:16 pm

Randy has always been a marvel of physical fitness. That's why he has been able to compete at a high level for as long as he has against younger competition.

His cardio being in the range of 20-29 year old though is fucking astounding. He really is "The Natural." I doubt anybody else in MMA would match those kind of numbers at his age. Randy is a special kind of athlete and his hard work in the gym certainly shows.

Last edited by victor879 on Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:17 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Sports Science breaks down punching power of Randy vs Toney   Sports Science breaks down punching power of Randy vs Toney EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 1:16 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
wasnt rampage on there.

His conditioning/cardio sucks though lol
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Sports Science breaks down punching power of Randy vs Toney   Sports Science breaks down punching power of Randy vs Toney EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 1:19 pm

I thought you guys were asking who was on the show period, cuz i remember they figured out the force of rampages punch
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Sports Science breaks down punching power of Randy vs Toney   Sports Science breaks down punching power of Randy vs Toney EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 1:20 pm

victor879 wrote:
Randy has always been a marvel of physical fitness. That's why he has been able to compete at a high level for as long as he has against younger competition.

His cardio being in the range of 20-29 year old though is fucking astounding. He really is "The Natural." I doubt anybody else in MMA would match those kind of numbers at his age. Randy is a special kind of athlete and his hard work in the gym certainly shows.

Yeah no joke, a lifetime of grappling and super human genetics have made him a freak of nature. I don't think any 47 year old athlete from any sport can put up the numbers Randy can. Although last time I saw Hershel Walker he still looked like he was 25 years old lol
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Sports Science breaks down punching power of Randy vs Toney   Sports Science breaks down punching power of Randy vs Toney EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 1:22 pm

man i am really excited for this fight. If Randy loses i will be devistated
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Sports Science breaks down punching power of Randy vs Toney   Sports Science breaks down punching power of Randy vs Toney EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 1:28 pm

I think Herschel could come close to or match Randy's numbers but that only goes to show just how impressive a feat that truly is. Walker has always been a fitness freak his entire life. The man ran a 4.64 40 at almost 50 years old. He's more cut now than most of us will ever be.
Back to top Go down
victor879
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: Sports Science breaks down punching power of Randy vs Toney   Sports Science breaks down punching power of Randy vs Toney EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 1:29 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
victor879 wrote:

Yeah no joke, a lifetime of grappling and super human genetics have made him a freak of nature. I don't think any 47 year old athlete from any sport can put up the numbers Randy can. Although last time I saw Hershel Walker he still looked like he was 25 years old lol

Yea, there are some guys out there that are just FREAKS of nature. I bet Bo Jackson would have been a great athlete to have if this show was around back then as well. Bet Bo could have put up some serious statistics.

I'm just still in awe at his cardio rating for his age. I don't know if anybody in sports history could match those numbers at 46-47 years old. Randy is a FREAK!!!!!

I know Randy is a freak of nature and all, but how about increased nutrition and training techniques? Noway a 46-47 year old could post numbers like that 15-20 years ago in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Sports Science breaks down punching power of Randy vs Toney   Sports Science breaks down punching power of Randy vs Toney EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 1:31 pm

Yeah, well top 1% of any athletes ever to play any sport(at the age of 47). Bo is another good example of a freak of nature.
Jerry Rice would probably put up some good numbers if he stayed actively training until the same age.
Back to top Go down
victor879
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: Sports Science breaks down punching power of Randy vs Toney   Sports Science breaks down punching power of Randy vs Toney EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 1:37 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Yeah, well top 1% of any athletes ever to play any sport(at the age of 47). Bo is another good example of a freak of nature.
Jerry Rice would probably put up some good numbers if he stayed actively training until the same age.

Lifetime of training and dedication + natural physical gifts = Randy Couture.

He's always been one of my favorite fighters because of his dedication.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Sports Science breaks down punching power of Randy vs Toney   Sports Science breaks down punching power of Randy vs Toney EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 1:41 pm

victor879 wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

Lifetime of training and dedication + natural physical gifts = Randy Couture.

He's always been one of my favorite fighters because of his dedication.

Chuck was my original guy but I quickly grew to love Randy. He wrestled at Oklahoma St and has a big hand in bringing guys from Oklahoma St and the state of Oklahoma into MMA.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sports Science breaks down punching power of Randy vs Toney   Sports Science breaks down punching power of Randy vs Toney Empty

Back to top Go down

Sports Science breaks down punching power of Randy vs Toney
Page 1 of 1