Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Akiyami training with Jackson for Bisping fight

Go down 
+6
Wolfgangsta
OU
killerofchicken
SOKO
Andrew the Raider King
bobbitt15
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Akiyami training with Jackson for Bisping fight Empty
PostSubject: Akiyami training with Jackson for Bisping fight   Akiyami training with Jackson for Bisping fight EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 3:39 am

Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Akiyami training with Jackson for Bisping fight   Akiyami training with Jackson for Bisping fight EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 6:31 am

Good move on Akiyama's part! He will improve his cardio greatly and it will help him in the fight, because Bisping can't KO him and will have to resort to hit and run tactics.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Akiyami training with Jackson for Bisping fight   Akiyami training with Jackson for Bisping fight EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 8:20 am

cant go wrong there
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Akiyami training with Jackson for Bisping fight   Akiyami training with Jackson for Bisping fight EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 9:03 am

Yea a good move for sure, he needs help with his cardio real bad!
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Akiyami training with Jackson for Bisping fight   Akiyami training with Jackson for Bisping fight EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 10:30 am

He will get the cardio he needs running those fucking sand dunes with Clay Guida. Word is Guida isn't tired from doing those, fucking crazy!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Akiyami training with Jackson for Bisping fight   Akiyami training with Jackson for Bisping fight EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 10:32 am

Can you win using a Greg Jackson strategy if you don't have the advantage in wrestling?
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Akiyami training with Jackson for Bisping fight   Akiyami training with Jackson for Bisping fight EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 10:55 am

Why Sooner? Is Bisping a wrestler all of the sudden? Please, realize that Akiyama will learn a great deal more wrestling in Jackson's camp working out with people like Shad, Bones and Guida than he will in fucking Japan.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Akiyami training with Jackson for Bisping fight   Akiyami training with Jackson for Bisping fight EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 11:00 am

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
Why Sooner? Is Bisping a wrestler all of the sudden? Please, realize that Akiyama will learn a great deal more wrestling in Jackson's camp working out with people like Shad, Bones and Guida than he will in fucking Japan.

Bisping has been working wrestling for awhile now and I would think is at least as good as Akiyama. Even being at Jackson's camp I don't expect him to be the better wrestler that night.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Akiyami training with Jackson for Bisping fight   Akiyami training with Jackson for Bisping fight EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 12:17 pm

For a minute there I thought you meant Quinton Jackson.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Akiyami training with Jackson for Bisping fight   Akiyami training with Jackson for Bisping fight EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 12:23 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
For a minute there I thought you meant Quinton Jackson.

ha ha I was thrown off at first too. I was like "When did Rampage stop training with Bisping?"
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Akiyami training with Jackson for Bisping fight   Akiyami training with Jackson for Bisping fight EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 2:31 pm

Akiyama has legit Judo chops anyway so it's not like he's helpless in that regard.

Only two of Jackson's fighters use takedowns as their bread and butter.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Akiyami training with Jackson for Bisping fight   Akiyami training with Jackson for Bisping fight EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 2:34 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Akiyama has legit Judo chops anyway so it's not like he's helpless in that regard.

Only two of Jackson's fighters use takedowns as their bread and butter.

Rashad Evans, Joe Stevenson, Shane Carwin, GSP...I'm sure the list goes on. Go ahead and name the elite guys at Jackson's camp that don't use the ground game as their primary strategy.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Akiyami training with Jackson for Bisping fight   Akiyami training with Jackson for Bisping fight EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 2:38 pm

Im not worried about Akyama getting out wrestled here, in fact i got Sexy in this one all day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Akiyami training with Jackson for Bisping fight   Akiyami training with Jackson for Bisping fight EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 2:40 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
Im not worried about Akyama getting out wrestled here, in fact i got Sexy in this one all day.

Akiyama should be worried about the devastating power Bisping possess, he's like an MMA George Foreman.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Akiyami training with Jackson for Bisping fight   Akiyami training with Jackson for Bisping fight EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 2:40 pm

I'm just saying Greg Jackson's game planning relies heavy on ground games.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

That isn't what I said. Only Evans and GSP are known for using their wrestling. Carwin is a KO artist, and Joe Stevenson is an also ran who showed up there like a year ago, who uses a well rounded game.

I said "wrestling as their bread and butter" not "don't use the ground game". Everyone at Jackson's uses the ground game in some capacity or another. Some almost never like AA who trains there now, and Jardine, some all the time like GSP. Depends on the fighter.

The point of my statement was you don't need wrestling to fight out of Jackson. I suppose I should have cut to the chase and said that suggestion was just stupid as fuck.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Akiyami training with Jackson for Bisping fight   Akiyami training with Jackson for Bisping fight EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 2:42 pm

I'll be really impressed with Jackson if they can stop Akiyama from trying to strike with Bisping, or if they get Akiyama to a point where he'll be able to land enough shots on the Count. I am looking for the Count to pick sexy apart.

Uglyama after Bisping get's done slicing his face apart for three rounds.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Akiyami training with Jackson for Bisping fight   Akiyami training with Jackson for Bisping fight EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 2:42 pm

I'm just saying, if you aren't able to become a ground fighter, Greg Jackson will never take you to the top. I don't see this helping Akiyama very much except maybe with cardio and having better training partners.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Akiyami training with Jackson for Bisping fight   Akiyami training with Jackson for Bisping fight EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 2:44 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:

Akiyama should be worried about the devastating power Bisping possess, he's like an MMA George Foreman.

jk?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Akiyami training with Jackson for Bisping fight   Akiyami training with Jackson for Bisping fight EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 2:46 pm

oggy420 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:

jk?

Dan Henderson : He hits like a bitch.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Akiyami training with Jackson for Bisping fight   Akiyami training with Jackson for Bisping fight EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 2:46 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:

Akiyami training with Jackson for Bisping fight 429809_main
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Akiyami training with Jackson for Bisping fight   Akiyami training with Jackson for Bisping fight EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 2:47 pm

oggy420 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:

jk?

Well doesn't George have like 20 kids all named George? I'm sure Ali was talking bout the youngest.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Akiyami training with Jackson for Bisping fight   Akiyami training with Jackson for Bisping fight EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 2:47 pm

word i forgot you don't like bisbing. Yea i think Akiyamma is gonna win this wherever the fight goes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Akiyami training with Jackson for Bisping fight   Akiyami training with Jackson for Bisping fight EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 2:48 pm

Michael Bisping couldn't dent a sand castle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Akiyami training with Jackson for Bisping fight   Akiyami training with Jackson for Bisping fight EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 2:50 pm

oggy420 wrote:
word i forgot you don't like bisbing. Yea i think Akiyamma is gonna win this wherever the fight goes.

Actually I secretly root for Mike because he's a limey but he makes it so damn difficult every time he opens his mouth, lately he's been tweeting moronic stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Akiyami training with Jackson for Bisping fight   Akiyami training with Jackson for Bisping fight Empty

Back to top Go down

Akiyami training with Jackson for Bisping fight
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next