Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Greg Jackson enjoyed Andersons fight

Go down 
+4
KingsOwn19
MMAEYES
LA
OU
8 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Greg Jackson enjoyed Andersons fight Empty
PostSubject: Greg Jackson enjoyed Andersons fight   Greg Jackson enjoyed Andersons fight EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 2:21 pm

http://www.mmamania.com/2010/4/14/1422196/greg-jackson-anderson-silvas-ufc
"I actually really enjoyed the first part of the fight, with Anderson changing up his style, like he would do Machida, then he would kind of do the Diaz brothers' thing, then Muhammad Ali. I was actually very entertained with all the different styles that he was emulating as he was going after him. And then for the last half of the fight, I think he got so far ahead he played it smart, or he got tired. One way or the other, to me, it's not a disgrace at all. It was a fight and sometimes you look great and sometimes you have one with a little more grinding. But playing it smart or getting tired and not engaging because you're a little tired isn't a disgrace to me."
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson enjoyed Andersons fight   Greg Jackson enjoyed Andersons fight EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 2:44 pm

While Anderson shouldn't have done some of the stuff he did, I kind of agree with Jackson, it's been overblown a bit.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson enjoyed Andersons fight   Greg Jackson enjoyed Andersons fight EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 2:46 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
While Anderson shouldn't have done some of the stuff he did, I kind of agree with Jackson, it's been overblown a bit.

Funny thing is my buddy had to work the day of the fight and went in during the 1st airing of the show LIVE. He only saw the first 2 rounds of the Spider fight before he went in. I watched the fights with him when he got off(my 2nd time watching them). He was talking about how Spider was looking like the shit and I told him to just watch the enitre fight then we will talk.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson enjoyed Andersons fight   Greg Jackson enjoyed Andersons fight EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 2:59 pm

Jacksons opinion shouldn't surprise anyone. Anderson probably did what Jackson(had he been in Andersons corner) would have told Anderson to do. Go attack for two rounds then coast to a victory on points. To Greg Jackson that was a beautiful game plan.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson enjoyed Andersons fight   Greg Jackson enjoyed Andersons fight EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 3:01 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:

I don't think it's overblown at all. Nobody(exspecially me) paid good money to see Anderson dance for three rounds. It was a disgrace!
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson enjoyed Andersons fight   Greg Jackson enjoyed Andersons fight EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 3:15 pm

Eh, I think it's been overblown a bit, I'll go more with Jackson before callin it such a disgrace. Sure I didn't like it, bit at the same time he was playing it safe and might have gotten tired.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson enjoyed Andersons fight   Greg Jackson enjoyed Andersons fight EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 3:15 pm

The thing that boggles my mind about the backlash is that on the forums people are acting like Anderson Silva was somehow exposed in this fight and now this guy and that guy could beat him when before UFC 112 it was almost universally agreed that Silva would own everybody in that division.

The fight was terrible and i was hardly paying attention to it. Mostly because i was still fuming about the Penn Heist.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson enjoyed Andersons fight   Greg Jackson enjoyed Andersons fight EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 3:20 pm

Kings, Munn or Arriany?
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson enjoyed Andersons fight   Greg Jackson enjoyed Andersons fight EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 3:23 pm

You maybe right LA. But imo if goldy never said anything about gassing in the commentary nobody would be saying "maybe he got tired" he didn't look tired at all to me. He didn't look out of breathe when they annouced him the winner. I didn't hear any heavy breathing while giving his answers to soares. I just don't buy it I guess
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson enjoyed Andersons fight   Greg Jackson enjoyed Andersons fight EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 3:26 pm

Honeslty, people might laugh at this, but I think Anderson felt a little sorry for Maia and didn't want to keep putting damage on him. Might be completely alone of this one, but when I rematched it, I just got that feeling late, though I could be totally wrong.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson enjoyed Andersons fight   Greg Jackson enjoyed Andersons fight EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 3:27 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Kings, Munn or Arriany?

Why not both?

Tough call but i'm going to go with Olivia Munn. I can't really explain why though...maybe i like her backside better and she seems like she would be more fun and freaky because of her personality and such.

you?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson enjoyed Andersons fight   Greg Jackson enjoyed Andersons fight EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 3:30 pm

I only asked because I might do them in a vs. thread which haven't done in a while

Between the two, hmm, Arriany might be hotter but I think Munn would be the better fuck and have a tighter puss, Arriany's been around.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson enjoyed Andersons fight   Greg Jackson enjoyed Andersons fight EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 4:17 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Honeslty, people might laugh at this, but I think Anderson felt a little sorry for Maia and didn't want to keep putting damage on him. Might be completely alone of this one, but when I rematched it, I just got that feeling late, though I could be totally wrong.

Then why would he make such a big deal after the fight about how Maia disrespected him and he was in there to seriously hurt him and make him pay for what he had said?
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson enjoyed Andersons fight   Greg Jackson enjoyed Andersons fight EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 4:18 pm

And about the bitches, that's a solid vs thread LA
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson enjoyed Andersons fight   Greg Jackson enjoyed Andersons fight EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 4:25 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:

Then why would he make such a big deal after the fight about how Maia disrespected him and he was in there to seriously hurt him and make him pay for what he had said?

Hey might be alone on this one, that's fine, did he say that stuff in response to questions about the taunting, showboating and talking shit in the cage? If so he may have siad that stuff to try and validate the things he did in the octagon.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson enjoyed Andersons fight   Greg Jackson enjoyed Andersons fight EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 4:48 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:

he felt sorry for him so he be-littled him?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson enjoyed Andersons fight   Greg Jackson enjoyed Andersons fight EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 4:49 pm

Late in the fight, when Maia's face was a mess and people didn't understand why Anderson wasn't engaging
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson enjoyed Andersons fight   Greg Jackson enjoyed Andersons fight EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 5:10 pm

I think Arrianny would be the better lay, but Munn is the kind of girl you marry.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson enjoyed Andersons fight   Greg Jackson enjoyed Andersons fight EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 5:14 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
I think Arrianny would be the better lay, but Munn is the kind of girl you marry.

both at the same time.
Greg Jackson enjoyed Andersons fight Quagmire
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson enjoyed Andersons fight   Greg Jackson enjoyed Andersons fight EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 5:40 pm

I don't mind a little showboating now and then but, by the third round it became irritating.

Oh and Olivia Munn all the way. She looks gorgeous without make up, plus she's all natural.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson enjoyed Andersons fight   Greg Jackson enjoyed Andersons fight EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 5:42 pm

go watch muhammad Ali again you fucking moron
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson enjoyed Andersons fight   Greg Jackson enjoyed Andersons fight EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 5:43 pm

What I wouldn't do to get a piece of those legs...

Greg Jackson enjoyed Andersons fight Olivia-munn-fallon-04
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson enjoyed Andersons fight   Greg Jackson enjoyed Andersons fight Empty

Back to top Go down

Greg Jackson enjoyed Andersons fight
Page 1 of 1