Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rashad Evans: I'm done with Greg Jackson's gym

Go down 
+11
Bigs03
captain organic
bobbitt15
josh200612
OU
killerofchicken
LA
Jamal
Wolfgangsta
GDPofDRC
KingsOwn19
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Rashad Evans: I'm done with Greg Jackson's gym Empty
PostSubject: Rashad Evans: I'm done with Greg Jackson's gym   Rashad Evans: I'm done with Greg Jackson's gym EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 2:06 am

http://twitter.com/sonnench

I don't know if Sonnen is the source on Evans and he just kind of dropped the line before yapping about something else but i wonder if Rashad left Jackson's...i can see Shad being butthuggy about the blatant disrespect displayed by his "teammate" Bones.

Maybe Evans joins team quest and becomes even more of a leg humper than ever before.

Last edited by KingsOwn19 on Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans: I'm done with Greg Jackson's gym   Rashad Evans: I'm done with Greg Jackson's gym EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 2:09 am

Leaving Jackson's out of bitterness did Sanchez no good. If it is true. Though Sonnen seems like a reliable source and all.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans: I'm done with Greg Jackson's gym   Rashad Evans: I'm done with Greg Jackson's gym EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 2:14 am

Seems too random not to be true IMO. Chael is batshit and all, but randomly dropping that Shad left Greg Jackson seems even too random for him.

Shad already had an unofficial team with King Mo and Daniel Cormier, who are close to AKA...so maybe that is what he will do if he did leave Jacksons's
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans: I'm done with Greg Jackson's gym   Rashad Evans: I'm done with Greg Jackson's gym EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 2:16 am

It seems logical. If Bones wins Rashad will obviously look to train elsewhere for his title shot.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans: I'm done with Greg Jackson's gym   Rashad Evans: I'm done with Greg Jackson's gym EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 2:20 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
It seems logical. If Bones wins Rashad will obviously look to train elsewhere for his title shot.
If that's the case, than all props to Rashad. That's what a pro has to do if the championship is his goal. Like that other champ was saying, "I'm the champ I don't pick fights, I have to fight everybody."
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans: I'm done with Greg Jackson's gym   Rashad Evans: I'm done with Greg Jackson's gym EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 2:25 am

What disrespect was shown now?
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Jamal
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jamal

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans: I'm done with Greg Jackson's gym   Rashad Evans: I'm done with Greg Jackson's gym EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 2:31 am

Jones in an interview last week said if he had to he'd fight Rashad right after Rashad said he'd never fight Jones.

My mate actually texted me 2 days ago that Rashad had left the Jackson camp and I told him no chance in hell. Looks like I was wrong.
Back to top Go down
Jamal
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jamal

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans: I'm done with Greg Jackson's gym   Rashad Evans: I'm done with Greg Jackson's gym EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 2:33 am

Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans: I'm done with Greg Jackson's gym   Rashad Evans: I'm done with Greg Jackson's gym EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 2:35 am

Shad went out of his way to say he would not fight his teammate, because he wanted to be a good teammate. Bones cut that to kiss up to a promoter making Shad look like a jackass. I would be pretty miffed by that as well, it does not matter what fans think about "oh well they should all fight eachother, i'm tired of this team shit". To these guys, with the exception of Stretch Jones and Golden Glory, the team shit does matter and we KNOW it matters to Shad after all this time. If Bones is the champ, then Shad has to look for a new team to train for his title shot..forcing him to train for one of the biggest fights of his life WITHOUT his team while those SAME guys who helped Shad train for all these years will now be helping Jones...kind of fucked and i'm sure Shad did take it as a slight.

Last edited by KingsOwn19 on Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans: I'm done with Greg Jackson's gym   Rashad Evans: I'm done with Greg Jackson's gym EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 2:38 am

Bones said he'd do so in order to not get fired. I don't see how that is especially disrespectful at all. Or even a little bit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans: I'm done with Greg Jackson's gym   Rashad Evans: I'm done with Greg Jackson's gym EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 2:41 am

I hope it's all moot via hype ending KO by Shogun on saturday anyway. I hope.
Back to top Go down
Jamal
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jamal

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans: I'm done with Greg Jackson's gym   Rashad Evans: I'm done with Greg Jackson's gym EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 2:59 am

I have Rua by tko in the 3rd.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans: I'm done with Greg Jackson's gym   Rashad Evans: I'm done with Greg Jackson's gym EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 3:32 am

Has Shad been promised next shot? anyone know?

Because recently Greg Jackson said he would want no part of preparing teammates for a fight. Maybe Rashad is training in another camp until then.Or maybe he's mad at Bones.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans: I'm done with Greg Jackson's gym   Rashad Evans: I'm done with Greg Jackson's gym EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 4:05 am

If Evans and Jones are willing to go, i'm sure Evans keeps his spot in line.

I personally think he's mad at Jones. Evans has been one of the biggest "team" guys his entire career. We've seen it from him when talking about guys like Jardine, Marquardt, and even unofficial teammates like King Mo. You saw how he was on TUF when it came to team loyalty...and with Jon Jones he repeatedly said he would not fight Jones because of principles, brotherhood, etc.

Hell, he even said he would leave the weight class to make way for Jones should he beat Shogun. Then he hears "I'll fight Rashad if Daddy really wanted me to"..and i can imagine Evans reaction was "So it's like that, huh?". Obviously these two werent on the same page and Jones is not the kind of team guy that Evans is.

To Rashad's credit he pretty much said "Fine, let's do it then" but it also looks like he may take his ball to a team that does not have the same conflict at LHW...like AKA where the preach team loyalty as staunchly as Evans and there is no other prevelent LHW.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans: I'm done with Greg Jackson's gym   Rashad Evans: I'm done with Greg Jackson's gym EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 4:16 am

Intersting summary of a recent Shad interview i got off sherdog...Shad is definetly miffed by Bones. Perhaps this interview is what Sonnen was referring to as well.

-Jones signed up at Jackson's under the proviso that he would NEVER fight any of the other Jackson's fighters.

- Rashad talked with Jones after the interview he gave where Jones said that he would fight him. Rashad was very surprised. Jones had never expressed this. The interview was pretaped and Rashad never received a call or text alerting him to it. His reaction on ESPN was one of surprise when he said "I'm not a punk; if he says he'll fight me, I'll fight him."

- They had a conversation afterward and Rashad left feeling like there was more that needed to be discussed...this bridge would be crossed when it needed to be.

- Regarding Jones' frustrated comments on the media conference call where he said he wouldn't be taking Rashad into the cage with him though he was his friend and replied with "I have a lot of people outside of Rashad who I can draw energy and power from and they'll all be with me."

- "That does sound a little bit cold-blooded", Rashad replied. "Jon's a young guy and when you're a young guy sometimes you talk a little too fast for your brain to keep up...I don't think it's acceptable at all. I don't think it's something I'd say."

- When Jones said "I absolutely hate when people mention Rashad Evans, especially throughout this training camp....for people to even be mentioning Rashad Evans right now...I think it's ludicrous. Rashad is not in my mind, he's not in my being, he as absolutely zero to do with my heart and who I am right now. This guy has nothing to do with Shogun and from here on out, I don't think I'll answer a question about Rashad."

- Rashad replied with "it sounds like he wants to fight, huh? Those sound like fighting words". He went on to say, "Ya know, I don't know how to judge the kid. It's kinda messed up, to be honest. Ya know, I can't control what anyone else says and it sounds to me like he's a little bit insecure about the whole thing. Sometimes when you open your mouth you show what you're afraid of more than anything. I don't know why he has such an adverse response like that to me. I've never challenged him or made him feel like he should do that sort of thing. It sounds to me -- if I was out of the situation -- that he was feeling insecure about me [not Shogun responding to Pepe's point]."

- Rashad goes on to point out fairly eloquently about how you have to answer reporters' questions to the best of your ability. You can't just expect to not talk about a situation where you stepped in for a friend and training partner in a title fight who was injured. He does say that that made Jon "sound like a baby".

- When asked to rank his feelings toward fighting Jones on a scale of 1-10, Rashad didn't say how likely he would be to fight Jon but said his mind is very open to it because of how things have gone. He's finding out that his teammate may fight him over TV and that this is not how things are done. Out of respect to the coach and Jon, he'll talk to them before he pulls the trigger.

- Rashad says that he's been working a lot with Trevor Wittman over the last few camps. Trevor is his guy and he's been spending time with him including the last 2 camps. By the way Rashad is talking, it seems like he doesn't have a problem fighting his training partners; that he agrees with Trevor. It sounds like Rashad had enough respect for Greg Jackson's agreement to not fight his training partners that he went along with Jackson's law. Now that the school has grown and Jones has said he would fight Evans and Jackson has not intervened and restated his mandate that Jones never fight any training partners, things may be different.

- Rashad says that the reality may be that he won't use Greg at all and has been playing around with the idea.
Back to top Go down
Jamal
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jamal

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans: I'm done with Greg Jackson's gym   Rashad Evans: I'm done with Greg Jackson's gym EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 6:34 am

Damn, I'm a huge Jon Jones fan but he is completely wrong in this whole thing. I didn't like Rashad but since TUF against Rampage he has shown himself to be a really respectful guy and I'm becoming a bigger fan all the time.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans: I'm done with Greg Jackson's gym   Rashad Evans: I'm done with Greg Jackson's gym EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 10:22 am

Manager: Rashad Evans Hasn't Left Greg Jackson's Camp

Quote :
Even when he isn't fighting, Chael Sonnen figures out a way to stir the pot.

Late Monday night, Sonnen tweeted that Rashad Evans had left Greg Jackson's team. The middleweight didn't provide a reason.

However, Evans' manager, Glenn Robinson of Authentic Sports Management, told MMA Fighting on Tuesday that isn't the case.

"[Evans] hasn't decided what he is going to do with training," Robinson said.

Robinson added that Evans is waiting to see what happens on Saturday night when his training partner and friend Jon Jones fights Mauricio "Shogun" Rua for the UFC light heavyweight title. Should Jones win, UFC president Dana White has said that he would like to see Evans challenge Jones for the belt, and both fighters have begun to warm up to the idea of facing each other in the future.

"If they decided to fight, obviously they both can't train at the same place," Robinson said.

The manager also added that Evans wasn't sure if he would just train at Grudge Training Center in Colorado for the potential Jones fight or if he would set up shop at a new camp.

Evans was forced to pull out of the UFC 128 main event after suffering a knee injury in training. Robinson said "Suga" was officially cleared to train by doctors on Sunday.

So Evans is still a part of Team Jackson for now, but if the UFC books Jones vs. Evans, someone is going to have to prepare for the fight with a new team. If Jones loses on Saturday night, this all becomes a moot point.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/03/15/manager-rashad-evans-hasnt-left-jacksons/
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans: I'm done with Greg Jackson's gym   Rashad Evans: I'm done with Greg Jackson's gym EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 10:24 am

Mike Chiappetta MMA
Quote :
Adding to Ariel's report on Rashad, his manager yesterday told me Rashad will be at UFC 128 and supporting his teammate, FWIW.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans: I'm done with Greg Jackson's gym   Rashad Evans: I'm done with Greg Jackson's gym EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 10:26 am

Mike Chiappetta MMA
Quote :
I do expect UFC to offer Evans the Jones-Rua winner. We should have a fairly clear view of the LHW title picture - barring a draw of course!
Back to top Go down
Jamal
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jamal

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans: I'm done with Greg Jackson's gym   Rashad Evans: I'm done with Greg Jackson's gym EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:54 pm

Rashad Evans-

"I'm more open to fighting (Jon Jones) since everything went down. For my last camp when I got injured I went back to Albuquerque [to train with Greg Jackson] but I know I can go somewhere else to train. It may become more of a reality where I'm not using Greg at all. I've been playing around with the idea, thinking about where I'm gonna go and what I'm gonna do if this situation comes to a head. This situation is bigger than just me and Jon, it's a team. Just like the 155'ers are gonna have to decide 'Okay, you know what, now we gotta separate, we gotta go.' I mean we got Melvin Guillard, Clay Guida, Donald Cerrone and Joe Stevenson all in the same weight class. If we gotta fight, then we gotta get away from each other. I just have to sit down and decide, 'What's it gonna be?' because there's never gonna be no going back. There's no makin' it better or going back to the team after it's done. If [Jones and I] agree to fight, if we say we're gonna fight, it's over. I would divorce myself from Jacksons."
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans: I'm done with Greg Jackson's gym   Rashad Evans: I'm done with Greg Jackson's gym EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 8:46 pm

I guess they took the video down.
http://www.cagepotato.com/update-on-the-evans-jones-situation-if-he-fights-bones-rashad-wants-greg-jackson-to-choose-sides/
“What’s gonna happen is, the team’s are gonna split apart. If I know
there’s a chance I’m training with Jon and Greg’s training with Jon, I’m
not gonna train with Greg any more, EVER again. Because I need my coach
to always be able to coach me no matter who I’m gonna fight. If he
can’t do that, I don’t feel that there’s a use for me having him as my
coach.”
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans: I'm done with Greg Jackson's gym   Rashad Evans: I'm done with Greg Jackson's gym EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 8:48 pm

Beginning to get annoyed with Shad, he's taking this whole scenario way to personally.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans: I'm done with Greg Jackson's gym   Rashad Evans: I'm done with Greg Jackson's gym EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 8:52 pm

I'm actually siding with Shad on this..and i'm by no means a Shad fan.

There is simply no point in staying with Greg Jackson if one of his training partners there is willing to be his opponent. You need to know that your place of training is YOUR place of training. Now Jones, who has all this experience training with Evans and has all these guys and a coach who have been training with Evans for years around him says "oh yeah, i'll fight him"..Rashad has every right to be pissed by Bones. If he knew there was chance Bones would ever break team to fight him, he would have never trained with him in the first place.

Anderson Silva takes this shit personally as well.Belfort trained with him for Franklin and then turned around and accepted a fight with Anderson. So do most fighters. You really only see Golden Glory as the camp where they'll fight eachother.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans: I'm done with Greg Jackson's gym   Rashad Evans: I'm done with Greg Jackson's gym EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 9:27 pm

http://mmajunkie.com/news/22844/with-jones-evans-facing-potential-bout-wittman-believes-teammates-should-fight.mma
Grudge Training Center head Trevor Wittman, a former amateur boxer who
has worked with both Evans and Jones, believes that with very few
exceptions, teammates should be willing to square off in the cage.

"I have a little bit of different beliefs when it comes to fighting each other," Wittman told MMAjunkie.com
(www.mmajunkie.com). "As an amateur boxer, we fought each other on the
team all the time. If you're a 119-pound fighters, and you've got five
or six other guys going out to the tournaments, you're fighting each
other."
"Honestly, I can understand if you have two best buddies that trained
together since the beginning, they're not going to fight each other
unless there's something on the line like a title fight," Wittman said.
"I feel if there's something on the line, you need to fight. If there's
something coming out of it, and you're making a good amount of money
doing it, I think that's what makes this sport and the combative sports
unique compared to the other ones.

"I got into boxing because I used to love watching the guys talk crap at
the press conferences and then go in and fight each other and try to
knock each other's heads off – and then always hug after the fight.
That's what made me really interested. I had to go out and give it a try
because I wanted to know what was making them do that."
"You get in there, and you earn respect for each other," Wittman said.
"When that final bell rings, you look at each other and know you just
went rounds with that guy. There's not a better feeling than that. It's
honestly the best feeling in the world."
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans: I'm done with Greg Jackson's gym   Rashad Evans: I'm done with Greg Jackson's gym EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 9:29 pm

it seems like people are already calling a bones win.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans: I'm done with Greg Jackson's gym   Rashad Evans: I'm done with Greg Jackson's gym Empty

Back to top Go down

Rashad Evans: I'm done with Greg Jackson's gym
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next