Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Greg Jackson: Andrei Arlovski will come back a better fighter and he doesn't have a weak chin

Go down 
+5
KingsOwn19
LA
timthebim
SOKO
killerofchicken
9 posters
AuthorMessage
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

Greg Jackson: Andrei Arlovski will come back a better fighter and he doesn't have a weak chin  Empty
PostSubject: Greg Jackson: Andrei Arlovski will come back a better fighter and he doesn't have a weak chin    Greg Jackson: Andrei Arlovski will come back a better fighter and he doesn't have a weak chin  EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 3:29 pm

Quote :
"I think he's going to come back a better fighter. ... He got hit really hard by ‘Bigfoot' Silva as well. He was taking some hard shots and was able to weather that storm. He lost the decision of course, but still, he took some shots and was able to hang in there. It's just these guys that he's fighting, if you make one mistake with any of them, you're going to get eaten. I'm really identifying the mistake. It went a little deeper than I thought it did. Identifying that mistake and changing what we do there is going to be a big, important factor. I don't think he has a weak chin. I think he's fighting in a heavyweight division where these guys would knock down a house if they hit it."
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

Greg Jackson: Andrei Arlovski will come back a better fighter and he doesn't have a weak chin  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson: Andrei Arlovski will come back a better fighter and he doesn't have a weak chin    Greg Jackson: Andrei Arlovski will come back a better fighter and he doesn't have a weak chin  EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 4:29 pm

his chin did hold against silva but im sorry its still suspect. AA is a hw last I heard
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson: Andrei Arlovski will come back a better fighter and he doesn't have a weak chin    Greg Jackson: Andrei Arlovski will come back a better fighter and he doesn't have a weak chin  EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 7:15 pm

I think Jackson is saying the right things for 1 of his fighters but AA chin is fragile.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson: Andrei Arlovski will come back a better fighter and he doesn't have a weak chin    Greg Jackson: Andrei Arlovski will come back a better fighter and he doesn't have a weak chin  EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 8:22 pm

timthebim wrote:
I think Jackson is saying the right things for 1 of his fighters but AA chin is fragile.

Agree
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson: Andrei Arlovski will come back a better fighter and he doesn't have a weak chin    Greg Jackson: Andrei Arlovski will come back a better fighter and he doesn't have a weak chin  EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 9:32 pm

I don't really believe in weak chins, i believe in real strong ones but not weak ones though Chucks fight with Franklin made me re-think that...none of AA's recent fights have. Arlovski has been knocked out in 3 of his last 4 fights...and he's been hit with legit KO punches in 3 of his last 4 fights. I agree with Jackson to an extent mostly because i hate seeing credit for big KO punches go to the guy being knocked out and not to the guys delivering the big punches.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson: Andrei Arlovski will come back a better fighter and he doesn't have a weak chin    Greg Jackson: Andrei Arlovski will come back a better fighter and he doesn't have a weak chin  EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 10:48 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
I don't really believe in weak chins, i believe in real strong ones but not weak ones though Chucks fight with Franklin made me re-think that...none of AA's recent fights have. Arlovski has been knocked out in 3 of his last 4 fights...and he's been hit with legit KO punches in 3 of his last 4 fights. I agree with Jackson to an extent mostly because i hate seeing credit for big KO punches go to the guy being knocked out and not to the guys delivering the big punches.

but a dude can get caught, and be rocked, and get KO'd, without being left unconscious with his eyes wide open like AA has been vs Fedor and Sergei. Or blurry eyed and drooling like we saw vs Rogers.

And I'll grant that Fedor landed a well placed bomb, but neither Rogers or Sergei landed brutal punches. Good hard shots, no doubt, but not monster bombs.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson: Andrei Arlovski will come back a better fighter and he doesn't have a weak chin    Greg Jackson: Andrei Arlovski will come back a better fighter and he doesn't have a weak chin  EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 11:28 pm

Once you get knocked out, it becomes more and more likely for other occurances each time. I've kind of always felt his jaw line is odd too, like he has an underbite or something and it sticks out a little. May sound dumb, but IDK.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson: Andrei Arlovski will come back a better fighter and he doesn't have a weak chin    Greg Jackson: Andrei Arlovski will come back a better fighter and he doesn't have a weak chin  EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 11:36 pm

LA wrote:
Once you get knocked out, it becomes more and more likely for other occurances each time. I've kind of always felt his jaw line is odd too, like he has an underbite or something and it sticks out a little. May sound dumb, but IDK.

The problem lies less with his anatomy and more with his sub par boxing defense when on the run. He tends to retreat straight back with his hands down.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson: Andrei Arlovski will come back a better fighter and he doesn't have a weak chin    Greg Jackson: Andrei Arlovski will come back a better fighter and he doesn't have a weak chin  EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 11:43 pm

Ludo wrote:
LA wrote:

The problem lies less with his anatomy and more with his sub par boxing defense when on the run. He tends to retreat straight back with his hands down.

Totally agree, was just pointing out a weird thought I had, there has to be some scientific explanation for some fighters who seem to get KO easily. But yes his defense isn't great, and he reacted horribly against Serg when he got caught up on the fence. You could tell he was fucked.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson: Andrei Arlovski will come back a better fighter and he doesn't have a weak chin    Greg Jackson: Andrei Arlovski will come back a better fighter and he doesn't have a weak chin  EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 12:11 am

captain organic wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:

but a dude can get caught, and be rocked, and get KO'd, without being left unconscious with his eyes wide open like AA has been vs Fedor and Sergei. Or blurry eyed and drooling like we saw vs Rogers.

And I'll grant that Fedor landed a well placed bomb, but neither Rogers or Sergei landed brutal punches. Good hard shots, no doubt, but not monster bombs.

Those last two fuck you shots from Sergei were pretty brutal..those are what knocked him out cold. The pretty big shots he took before that knocked him down didnt help him stay awake. Sergei's finish was pretty brutal IMO.

Rogers didnt look that brutal, but if Rogers didnt have that kind of power he would not be anywhere near a cage.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson: Andrei Arlovski will come back a better fighter and he doesn't have a weak chin    Greg Jackson: Andrei Arlovski will come back a better fighter and he doesn't have a weak chin  EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 1:27 am

Those final two shots from Kharitonov definitely did Andrei no favors. But the fact that he got dropped while retreating at all is a bad sign. I wouldn't say Arlovski's chin is weak, but I would absolutely say he puts himself in bad situations to get slammed by some REALLY heavy hitters. Lets not forget the guys who put him out were guys well known for putting someone out with a single strike at times.

He really needs to work on keeping his hands up when moving away. Other than that he was winning the fight before getting dropped. His footwork was crisp and his hands were precise. Had he been able to avoid getting clipped he may have won the fight but for sure he should not have dropped his hands for a second in a fight with Sergei Kharitonov.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson: Andrei Arlovski will come back a better fighter and he doesn't have a weak chin    Greg Jackson: Andrei Arlovski will come back a better fighter and he doesn't have a weak chin  EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 7:36 am

Jackson may be right, but it does not bode well that the man has been KOd in 3 of the last 4. AA is either weak in the chin or he is not progressing in his cage movement. Either way, he can no longer stand with the elite in the division.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson: Andrei Arlovski will come back a better fighter and he doesn't have a weak chin    Greg Jackson: Andrei Arlovski will come back a better fighter and he doesn't have a weak chin  EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 11:06 am

i thought sergei hit him with some big hits before he went down, it wasnt just one punch it was a combination of about 3 4 punches that did it in for him. and yea the two at the end were just horrid
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson: Andrei Arlovski will come back a better fighter and he doesn't have a weak chin    Greg Jackson: Andrei Arlovski will come back a better fighter and he doesn't have a weak chin  EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 12:14 pm

AA talking about NOT retiring!
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson: Andrei Arlovski will come back a better fighter and he doesn't have a weak chin    Greg Jackson: Andrei Arlovski will come back a better fighter and he doesn't have a weak chin  EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 12:18 pm

and i just realized that the video is over an hour long... da fuck?
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson: Andrei Arlovski will come back a better fighter and he doesn't have a weak chin    Greg Jackson: Andrei Arlovski will come back a better fighter and he doesn't have a weak chin  EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 7:40 pm

AA took a ton of hard shots from Sergei, no one's chin would have held up to that onslaught. He needs to get off the fence and start punching with bad intentions, rather than points. His defense is brutal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson: Andrei Arlovski will come back a better fighter and he doesn't have a weak chin    Greg Jackson: Andrei Arlovski will come back a better fighter and he doesn't have a weak chin  Empty

Back to top Go down

Greg Jackson: Andrei Arlovski will come back a better fighter and he doesn't have a weak chin
Page 1 of 1