[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]
 
Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share
 

 Who is all on the list for the heisman this year.

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. Empty
PostSubject: Who is all on the list for the heisman this year.   Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 9:18 am

I know Ingram will be. But who else could take it home?

I think there are two guys in Oklahoma that have a shot. Landry Jones and Demarco Murray.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman
Posts : 43280
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 33
Location : Lawton, Oklahoma

Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who is all on the list for the heisman this year.   Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 9:24 am

I'm really surprised I haven't heard Murray's name listed nationally. Personally I don't think Landry has a shot in hell to even sniff a nomination this year. Murray however could make some noise.

_________________
Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. Banner10
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who is all on the list for the heisman this year.   Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 9:50 am

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
I'm really surprised I haven't heard Murray's name listed nationally. Personally I don't think Landry has a shot in hell to even sniff a nomination this year. Murray however could make some noise.
I know Landry is up for a couple of awards this year. Isnt he up for the O'Brian?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman
Posts : 43280
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 33
Location : Lawton, Oklahoma

Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who is all on the list for the heisman this year.   Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 9:53 am

soonermark890 wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
I'm really surprised I haven't heard Murray's name listed nationally. Personally I don't think Landry has a shot in hell to even sniff a nomination this year. Murray however could make some noise.
I know Landry is up for a couple of awards this year. Isnt he up for the O'Brian?

The guy was 2 completely different people last year at home and on the road. I know the bowl game was promising but I'm really looking forward to Cinci game as a big road test for him. I just don't expect him to be an elite level QB this season. I expect him to be solid, just not elite.

_________________
Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. Banner10
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who is all on the list for the heisman this year.   Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 9:57 am

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
I'm really surprised I haven't heard Murray's name listed nationally. Personally I don't think Landry has a shot in hell to even sniff a nomination this year. Murray however could make some noise.
I know Landry is up for a couple of awards this year. Isnt he up for the O'Brian?

The guy was 2 completely different people last year at home and on the road. I know the bowl game was promising but I'm really looking forward to Cinci game as a big road test for him. I just don't expect him to be an elite level QB this season. I expect him to be solid, just not elite.
You never know. Bradford's second year was a breakout year too. Also so was Heupel's second year. You usually see a lot of growth between the first and second year starters.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman
Posts : 43280
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 33
Location : Lawton, Oklahoma

Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who is all on the list for the heisman this year.   Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 10:05 am

You don't find a Bradford very often. You don't see people come out of nowhere like that. Plus Sam had a damn good 1st year. I expect to see some growth just don't expect him to be elite this season.

_________________
Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. Banner10
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who is all on the list for the heisman this year.   Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 10:08 am

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
You don't find a Bradford very often. You don't see people come out of nowhere like that. Plus Sam had a damn good 1st year. I expect to see some growth just don't expect him to be elite this season.
If he is just good away he could be elite because he was the best QB in the nation at home last year. It should be Murray's year this year though. If landry can get it going our run game should be great.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman
Posts : 43280
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 33
Location : Lawton, Oklahoma

Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who is all on the list for the heisman this year.   Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 10:15 am

I'm still not 100% sold on Landry at this point. He still has plenty to prove. Word on the street is he has a couple youngsters nipping at his heels...hopefully that is motivation.

_________________
Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. Banner10
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who is all on the list for the heisman this year.   Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 10:19 am

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
I'm still not 100% sold on Landry at this point. He still has plenty to prove. Word on the street is he has a couple youngsters nipping at his heels...hopefully that is motivation.
I heard that Freshman thats like 6'8 or something is really good.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman
Posts : 43280
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 33
Location : Lawton, Oklahoma

Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who is all on the list for the heisman this year.   Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 10:27 am

soonermark890 wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
I'm still not 100% sold on Landry at this point. He still has plenty to prove. Word on the street is he has a couple youngsters nipping at his heels...hopefully that is motivation.
I heard that Freshman thats like 6'8 or something is really good.

Yeah both Blake Bell and Drew Allen are both very tall. Listed at 6'5 and 6'6. Both guys are suppose to be impressive. 1 is a true freshman and the other RS freshman.

_________________
Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. Banner10
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who is all on the list for the heisman this year.   Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 10:29 am

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
I'm still not 100% sold on Landry at this point. He still has plenty to prove. Word on the street is he has a couple youngsters nipping at his heels...hopefully that is motivation.
I heard that Freshman thats like 6'8 or something is really good.

Yeah both Blake Bell and Drew Allen are both very tall. Listed at 6'5 and 6'6. Both guys are suppose to be impressive. 1 is a true freshman and the other RS freshman.
Man those are some big QB's. Isnt Landry like 6'5 too?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman
Posts : 43280
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 33
Location : Lawton, Oklahoma

Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who is all on the list for the heisman this year.   Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 10:36 am

I think he is listed at 6'4 but yeah he is tall. Sam was 6'5 I think.

_________________
Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. Banner10
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt


Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den
Posts : 17542
Join date : 2009-07-19
Age : 32
Location : D Town

Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who is all on the list for the heisman this year.   Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 11:21 am

Landry Jones doesnt have a shot in hell


_________________
1X Ninjas Place Boxing GOR Champ (4 defenses)
Ninja Place GP runner up (ya i lost to the illustrious LA)
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP
Posts : 3124
Join date : 2009-07-16
Age : 40
Location : Houston, TX

Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who is all on the list for the heisman this year.   Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 11:21 am

Case Keenum has an outside shot at the heisman. QB at U of Houston.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman
Posts : 43280
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 33
Location : Lawton, Oklahoma

Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who is all on the list for the heisman this year.   Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 11:23 am

Birdofthad wrote:
Landry Jones doesnt have a shot in hell


That's what I'm saying. I think it is wishful thinking to think he will be an elite QB this season. Not saying he doesn't have a chance to be a very solid QB, just not top level.

_________________
Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. Banner10
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman
Posts : 43280
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 33
Location : Lawton, Oklahoma

Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who is all on the list for the heisman this year.   Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 11:24 am

Bigs03 wrote:
Case Keenum has an outside shot at the heisman. QB at U of Houston.

He is already on the watch list. He should be top 5 to start the year.

_________________
Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. Banner10
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt


Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den
Posts : 17542
Join date : 2009-07-19
Age : 32
Location : D Town

Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who is all on the list for the heisman this year.   Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 5:12 pm

Landry could be one by senior year just dont see it this year

Keenum esecially if there is no clear cut bad ass this year


_________________
1X Ninjas Place Boxing GOR Champ (4 defenses)
Ninja Place GP runner up (ya i lost to the illustrious LA)
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!
Posts : 4548
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 29
Location : The Dirty 330- Ohio

Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who is all on the list for the heisman this year.   Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 8:37 pm

If Pryor has improved as much as they say he has, then he has a legit chance as well. Tressel just needs to let him go and let him make plays like he did with Troy Smith.


Outside of that...Andrew Luck at Stanford has a shot...Jake Locker will have a shot (According to college fb analysts, though I dont agree).

I dont really know of any others. This year is wide open.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who is all on the list for the heisman this year.   Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 10:12 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:
Landry Jones doesnt have a shot in hell


That's what I'm saying. I think it is wishful thinking to think he will be an elite QB this season. Not saying he doesn't have a chance to be a very solid QB, just not top level.
For some reason he is getting attention. He is up for the O'Brian award. If he goes off he could win it.
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt


Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back
Posts : 1191
Join date : 2009-09-30
Age : 38
Location : Flint, MI

Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who is all on the list for the heisman this year.   Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 11:13 pm

Landry has an underrated arm. It's like a laser, but I would say his receiver Broyles has a better shot at the award.

I think Terrell Pryor has a really good chance to win the award and a darkhorse is Ryan Mallett.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey
Posts : 18955
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : USA

Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who is all on the list for the heisman this year.   Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 3:14 pm

If the Buckeyes win the award is Pryor's for the taking. Every year college football anoints someone and this year it's Pryor. Pryor won't even have to play great. Just good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman
Posts : 43280
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 33
Location : Lawton, Oklahoma

Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who is all on the list for the heisman this year.   Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 9:12 am

I mentioned Kendall Hunter as a guy to watch out for this season. Watch out he might be on this Heisman list by the end of the year.

_________________
Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. Banner10
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who is all on the list for the heisman this year.   Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 9:32 am

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
I mentioned Kendall Hunter as a guy to watch out for this season. Watch out he might be on this Heisman list by the end of the year.
Until the OU game when he gets shut down and shut out of the heisman talks. That happens all the time to OSU guys. I think Murray is the guy. He carried OU to victory on Sat and could do it again this Sat. I HOPE.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman
Posts : 43280
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 33
Location : Lawton, Oklahoma

Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who is all on the list for the heisman this year.   Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 9:38 am

soonermark890 wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
I mentioned Kendall Hunter as a guy to watch out for this season. Watch out he might be on this Heisman list by the end of the year.
Until the OU game when he gets shut down and shut out of the heisman talks. That happens all the time to OSU guys. I think Murray is the guy. He carried OU to victory on Sat and could do it again this Sat. I HOPE.

Hunter will get his vs OU. I fully expect Hunter to do just as well as Murray...maybe better. I love Murray but Hunter deserves some respect. If he stays healthy he will get his, even vs our Sooners.

_________________
Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. Banner10
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who is all on the list for the heisman this year.   Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 9:43 am

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
I mentioned Kendall Hunter as a guy to watch out for this season. Watch out he might be on this Heisman list by the end of the year.
Until the OU game when he gets shut down and shut out of the heisman talks. That happens all the time to OSU guys. I think Murray is the guy. He carried OU to victory on Sat and could do it again this Sat. I HOPE.

Hunter will get his vs OU. I fully expect Hunter to do just as well as Murray...maybe better. I love Murray but Hunter deserves some respect. If he stays healthy he will get his, even vs our Sooners.
Its going to be tough for Hunter. Murray is already like number 6 on the ESPN list. Hunter has not even been mentioned. I say Murray will out rush Hunter this year. It looks like Murray is going to have to carry the biggest part of the workload this year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who is all on the list for the heisman this year.   Who is all on the list for the heisman this year. Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Who is all on the list for the heisman this year.
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ninja's Place :: Sports Discussion :: US Sports-
Jump to: